Ask a question

Posted Apr 3, 2012
    4:18:26 PM
    Promotional Billing Issue
    Edited by jamileh on Apr 5, 2012 at 5:50:12 AM

Agree 100%.  A guy came to our door step claiming that AT&T is giving a free 1-month uverse TV promotion.  That was a flat out lie because when I called AT&T 2 days before the month end promotion, they told me that AT&T never had any 1-month free uverse TV deal.  So then I called to cancel my AT&T internet also alongwith the TV because I was SO FRUSTRATED. 

But the lady on the phone somehow convinced me that to buy uverse Internet 12 MBPS for $24.95 per month.  My first bill I received was $176.00!!!!!!! So I called them again and found out that $100 was the equipment cost, and $36 one time service activation fees!!!! This was NEVER told to us or given in writing by their associates.  Second lie/deception!!!!!  One associate told me her name was Jessica, but it turned out that her real name was CHANEL!!!!!!!! They even lie their names!!!!

This company is SO DISGUSTING!!! People, please stay away from this company.  Big time liers and deceivers!!!!!

<subject edited, new post created>

Promotional Billing Issue

[ Edited ]
    3 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (3)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 5, 2012 5:51:54 AM
    (0)
    Former Community Manager

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had such a difficult time with your DSL billing. 

I'd like to have a member of our team talk to you to make sure that your bill is properly set up and answer any questions you have. 

If you'd like me to set that up, please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Promotional Billing Issue

2 of 4 (746 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 5, 2012 1:19:35 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

Yes they are disgusting. I have contacted 7 or 8 CS reps already regarding wrong pricing on my new promotional discount that was offered to stay with the company. I had a problem the first time I renewed with them, by them not adding the discount I don't know why I didn't learn this second time. I was given 4 or 5 different prices, spoke with rude retention dept reps because I didn't know my acct #?? Come on, there are other ways to look it up and that's your job, so why take it ou on the customers!! I was told my bill for April 28 would be a certain price and I don't know how all the calculations etc go I just know the price they give me and the date. I just chatted with someone and now my bill is something different again!! This is ridiculous. I filed a complaint with the BBB for false advertising, rude employees!!

3 of 4 (729 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 27, 2012 2:56:20 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

I am having the same issue. I really dont want to deal with this anymore tonight as ive been on the phone with att ever since i got off work and id like to enjoy my weekend, not sit on the phone with these incompenent you know whats. Jamileh, I private messaged you as I need help and if your willing to give it, I could use it. I was given the $24.95 rate for 12MBPS internet and now they wont honor it. I could go on and on but Im tired of dealing with this tonight.. Tomorrow if my issue isnt settled tonight I will make a post on here detailing everything, but in the meantime if any one can help me with my problem on here please message me cause I need somebody to do what these ignormausis at ATT customer service cannot.

4 of 4 (644 Views)