On 6/21/11, there was a Thunderbird upgrade to version 3.1.11. Since this upgrade, Thunderbird will not download messages from the Yahoo! mail server. Had anyone experienced this and possible found a solution? No problems prior to the upgrade. Now it says Connected to pop.mail.yahoo.com, but never downloads and there are no error messages. I know this isn't "officially" supported, but I am sure there are others that use Thunderbird. Thanks.
I had the same problem with Thunderbird suddenly not working. I found the problem in the McAfee software. McAfee recently updated about the same time Thunderbird updated. For some reason the McAfee firewall blocks Thunderbird from accessing the internet in the upgrade. Go to the firewall settings tab in the McAfee Security Center. Then go to the Program permissions tab. Look down the list and find the Thunderbird program. Highlight Thunderbird and click edit tab. Change access from Blocked to Full. When I did this my Thunderbird worked fine.