Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jun 22, 2011
9:28:21 PM
View profile
Problem with email after Thunderbird Upgrade

On 6/21/11, there was a Thunderbird upgrade to version 3.1.11.  Since this upgrade, Thunderbird will not download messages from the Yahoo! mail server.  Had anyone experienced this and possible found a solution?  No problems prior to the upgrade.  Now it says Connected to pop.mail.yahoo.com, but never downloads and there are no error messages.  I know this isn't "officially" supported, but I am sure there are others that use Thunderbird.  Thanks.

On 6/21/11, there was a Thunderbird upgrade to version 3.1.11.  Since this upgrade, Thunderbird will not download messages from the Yahoo! mail server.  Had anyone experienced this and possible found a solution?  No problems prior to the upgrade.  Now it says Connected to pop.mail.yahoo.com, but never downloads and there are no error messages.  I know this isn't "officially" supported, but I am sure there are others that use Thunderbird.  Thanks.

Problem with email after Thunderbird Upgrade

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2011 3:13:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

Maybe this has something to do with it.

Known Issues

This list covers some of the known problems with Thunderbird 3.1. Please read this before reporting any new bugs.

All Systems

Your passwords are stored in a new location. If you go back to using Thunderbird 2, or switch back and forth between Thunderbird 3.1 and Thunderbird 2, your password lists do not get updated.

http://tinyurl.com/62mh8qg

I use the same version of Thunderbird, and when I switched to AT&T Uverse, it took me a week to get my EMAIL working.  I never did get any help from AT&T, I had to figure it out myself.

I think My problem was server settings, but I did delete all my passwords, and start over again.

My server settings are incoming server pop.att.yahoo.com port 110. outgoing SMTP server smtp.att.yahoo.com port 25 connection security, none.

Maybe this has something to do with it.

Known Issues

This list covers some of the known problems with Thunderbird 3.1. Please read this before reporting any new bugs.

All Systems

Your passwords are stored in a new location. If you go back to using Thunderbird 2, or switch back and forth between Thunderbird 3.1 and Thunderbird 2, your password lists do not get updated.

http://tinyurl.com/62mh8qg

I use the same version of Thunderbird, and when I switched to AT&T Uverse, it took me a week to get my EMAIL working.  I never did get any help from AT&T, I had to figure it out myself.

I think My problem was server settings, but I did delete all my passwords, and start over again.

My server settings are incoming server pop.att.yahoo.com port 110. outgoing SMTP server smtp.att.yahoo.com port 25 connection security, none.

Re: Problem with email after Thunderbird Upgrade

2 of 3 (291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2011 12:10:39 PM
(0)
Contributor

I had the same problem with Thunderbird suddenly not working. I found the problem in the McAfee software. McAfee recently updated about the same time Thunderbird updated. For some reason the McAfee firewall blocks Thunderbird from accessing the internet in the upgrade. Go to the firewall settings tab in the McAfee Security Center. Then go to the Program permissions tab. Look down the list and find  the Thunderbird program. Highlight Thunderbird and click edit tab. Change access from Blocked to Full. When I did this my Thunderbird worked fine.

I had the same problem with Thunderbird suddenly not working. I found the problem in the McAfee software. McAfee recently updated about the same time Thunderbird updated. For some reason the McAfee firewall blocks Thunderbird from accessing the internet in the upgrade. Go to the firewall settings tab in the McAfee Security Center. Then go to the Program permissions tab. Look down the list and find  the Thunderbird program. Highlight Thunderbird and click edit tab. Change access from Blocked to Full. When I did this my Thunderbird worked fine.

Re: Problem with email after Thunderbird Upgrade

3 of 3 (275 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments