Problem with AT&T Webmail and Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7

Contributor

Problem with AT&T Webmail and Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7

Sometime between the hours of 5:30 am (EST) and 2:30 pm (EST) something changed which caused a problem with my connection to the AT&T Webmail.  I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 and Internet Explorer 8.  When I attempt to access the Webmail (regardless of the method, i.e., favorite, a link or button on my AT&T home page, etc.), when it first loads, the items in the Inbox are displayed, the browser blanks, the items are displayed again, and then a "blank" page with the following error message is received:

Ooops. att.net Mail can't load

Loading att.net Mail failed due to a client side error

You might try going into your firewall settings, and disabling "Ad blocking". If that doesn't work, please contact customer care.

This problem only occurs when using the 32-bit browser (IE8), and only on the AT&T Webmail page.  The 64-bit browser does not have the problem.  I also do not see the problem on a system running Windows XP and IE7.

Using the "Chat" option for help was really no help at all.  After two sessions (trying all of the steps listed above after the first session), they referred me to their "fee-based computer technical support service".

When I pasted the text from the error page into this message box, a "picture" of some information pertaining to a "launchFailure" was revealed .  I then pasted it into a Word document and was able to retrieve all of the text.  Unfortunately the text cannot be included in this post as it caused the number of characters to exceed 20,000.

Any suggestions?

Here are the first 34 lines:

********launchFailure-DetailsBegin********
Problem:launchFailure
Caught JS error on launch
The parameter is incorrect.

url:http://mail.yimg.com/d/combo?/gx/t7a/js/yui_loader/ba87c64b1f20e3e7898b0dc28b2173a6_1.js&/gx/t7a...
line:1706
Caught JS error on launch
The parameter is incorrect.

__Launcher::launch failed, calling initOddpost in onload.js
url:http://mail.yimg.com/d/combo?/gx/t7a/js/yui_loader/ba87c64b1f20e3e7898b0dc28b2173a6_1.js&/gx/t7a...
line:1662
Build Number:348.5
Machine Name:cg1.c204.mail.gq1.yahoo.com
Yahoo:***********@att.net (email address removed)
User Intl:us_sbc
User Char Set:utf-8
Launch Complete:false
ActiveX Messages:
User Agent:Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; Zune 4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
User KPartner Ad ID:unknown
Toolbar:No toolbar detected
OD JS Loaded:%0AScripts%20Failed%3A%0A0
Stack InfoSmiley Embarassed function(U,L,c,W,b){var
Y=_Q,X="",Z=_U[Md7]&&(l$||_U[Md7].nonSocialWelcome),V="onLaunch_";U=U||"Unk...}
> I
> CB
> attachFolderNodesToFolders
> CGLaunch_Step20

Message 1 of 4 (10,884 Views)
Employee

Re: Problem with AT&T Webmail and Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7

Hello bsarrett,

The error that you have mentioned above, seems to be temporary error on your AT&T Yahoo! web mail. Please, try to change the version of your AT&T Yahoo! mail page.

• To change AT&T Yahoo! web mail version from All New Mail to Mail Classic click Options in the upper-right corner of your Mail page and select 'Switch to Mail classic'.
  • To change AT&T Yahoo! web mail version from Mail Classic to All New Mail, click Options in the upper-right corner of your Mail page and select 'Switch to All New Mail'.

If you still get the same error and unable to check your AT&T email account through web mail on your Internet Explorer 8, I would suggest you to check the settings of your web browser and Clear the cache (temporary internet files) in your web browser also Clear the cookies in your web browser.

To reset the settings of your web browser, follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Internet Explorer.
  2. Click on Tools->Internet Options.
  3. Go to the Advanced Tab.
  4. In the bottom right hand corner there is a box that says Reset. A dialog box will appear, click on Reset.
  5. Close then restart Internet Explorer.

If the issue persists, it is recommended that you contact AT&T tier 2 support at 1-877-722-3755, when you call in to speak to an agent, ask to be transferred to our second level of support.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (10,884 Views)
Tutor

I also got Windows 7 64 bit and am getting this same error.  It also kill other tabs that are open.  the only way to recover, is to close the broser and start over.  doing the suggested trouble shooting steps didn't work. 

I think it has something to do with the ads that the webmail is showing.   This evening it has happen 3 times.  Every time a Progressive ad was displayed.

This has been occuring for about 3 weeks now.

Yahoo/att fix it.

Message 3 of 4 (10,884 Views)
Employee

Hello spna,

After trying all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in my previous post, if the issue persists, it is recommended that you contact AT&T tier 2 support at 1-877-722-3755, when you call in to speak to an agent, ask to be transferred to our second level of support.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (10,884 Views)