Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Aug 5, 2010
7:22:05 AM
View profile
Poor Service

I am so unhappy with AT&T. We have never recieved good connectivity service, customer or technical support. I have paid for inconsitent DSL connectivity for two years...finally called to run some test and they determined the Motorola Modem provided was bad - they are charging me $60 to replace it. I have had multiple issue wiht the provided phone jack filters as well. I rank AT&T service up there with the cable companies - (e.g. current iPhone monoply too)...it makes me sick and is a huge, expensive hassle.

I am so unhappy with AT&T. We have never recieved good connectivity service, customer or technical support. I have paid for inconsitent DSL connectivity for two years...finally called to run some test and they determined the Motorola Modem provided was bad - they are charging me $60 to replace it. I have had multiple issue wiht the provided phone jack filters as well. I rank AT&T service up there with the cable companies - (e.g. current iPhone monoply too)...it makes me sick and is a huge, expensive hassle.

Poor Service

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2010 11:28:07 AM
(0)
Teacher

this is becoming all to common. 

this is becoming all to common. 

Re: Poor Service

2 of 4 (195 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2010 12:06:42 PM
(0)
Teacher

at@t lowered there standards across the board on all dsl connections about 2 months ago, now if you have a 3.0 dsl connection but only get 1.56 tuff, thats with in there specks for  3.0 dsl.  So if at@t can't fix it they just lower the standards, saves on truck rolls. the new at@t customer care!

at@t lowered there standards across the board on all dsl connections about 2 months ago, now if you have a 3.0 dsl connection but only get 1.56 tuff, thats with in there specks for  3.0 dsl.  So if at@t can't fix it they just lower the standards, saves on truck rolls. the new at@t customer care!

3 of 4 (195 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2010 6:57:15 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am so very tired of this horrible service!  Our DSL goes out several times a day-----just up and quits.  I've got to turn the blasted thing off and let it set for at least 15 minutes, and sometimes it takes an hour or more.  It shuts off sometimes right after I sign on; sometimes after an hour or so, sometimes it even runs for several hours.  And then----poof!  Gone again.  Not much of a problem most of the time, just annoying when I'm chatting with someone or on FaceBook.  But if one of us is trying to do something like on-line banking or work for school, then it is more than annoying.  And no one has any suggestion for me other than "reboot".  Argh!

I am so very tired of this horrible service!  Our DSL goes out several times a day-----just up and quits.  I've got to turn the blasted thing off and let it set for at least 15 minutes, and sometimes it takes an hour or more.  It shuts off sometimes right after I sign on; sometimes after an hour or so, sometimes it even runs for several hours.  And then----poof!  Gone again.  Not much of a problem most of the time, just annoying when I'm chatting with someone or on FaceBook.  But if one of us is trying to do something like on-line banking or work for school, then it is more than annoying.  And no one has any suggestion for me other than "reboot".  Argh!

4 of 4 (195 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments