Ask a question

Posted Jun 9, 2010
    11:08:53 AM
    View profile
    Police disconnect my phone & dsl, 2 weeks later & AT&T still can't get my DSL working!

2 weeks ago, there was a hostage standoff in my home & the police had the phone disconnected.  4 hours later I called to get my phone & dsl reconnected.  I'm crying while talking to AT&T and telling them how I was held hostage in my home and the woman from AT&T is trying to sell me new products! She proceeds to tell me that, if I agree to change my phone number she can get my dsl back online that day.  I explain I've had this number for 25 years and it would be disasterous to change my number.  She tells me it will take 6 days to get my dsl back, but it will be back no later than June 1, 2010.  I wait until June 2nd, but my dsl still isn't working.  I call tech support, who proceed to tell me there is no order in their system to reconnect my phone.  I give them the confirmation number and after transferring me to other people in tech support, they tell me I must call back the following day and talk with the customer support people, who only work Mon-Friday, 8am to 5pm! (As large as AT&T is, they don't appear the know the definition of the word 'Support'! You would think they would understand that many of their customers require support after 5pm!!!!)  Tech support apologizes and enters a new reconnect order and they tell me I now have to wait ANOTHER week and my dsl should be ready by June 8, 2010. 

The following day, I call customer support who assures me my dsl will be back by June 8th.  He also tells me the disconnect order appears to be stuck in their system and that is the reason for their delays.  After telling AT&T how un-happy I am that they are now taking 2 weeks to fix this problem, they tell me they will give me a 2 month credit for these problems.  I tell them I WANT MY DSL NOW, not a credit! He tells me he is escalating this to his manager and they will try to get my dsl fixed right away and they will call me back.  Of course, no one from AT&T bothered to call me back.

On June 5th I noticed my modem was now showing a broadband was available, but I couldn't get on the internet. I call tech support who proceeds to tell me I've reached the dial up support group.  When I asked her how that happened, she tells me that I was suppose to ignore the instructions from their voice activated system to get to the dsl group.  When I ask her how were their customers suppose to know that, she didn't have an answer.  She told me to hang up, call back and when their system told me to enter my phone number I was to do nothing and wait for the system to transfer me! I had to ask her to transfer my call, as I was already quite frustrated with AT&T.  If I could get dsl from any other company, I would but I don't have any other choices. 

Tech support tried to reset my password, but it didn't work.  He proceeded to tell me that he'd seen this problem a hundred times and the only solution was to call back during 8am - 5pm and explain my problem to the customer support group and tell them to give me a new phone number.  I told him that wouldn't work for me.  He said he was sorry, but he knew of no other solution. He told me to wait until june 8th to see if it worked. 

Of course, it didn't work on June 8th.  I called tech support again, who also gave me the run around and told me they ask maintenance to run a test on the line.  This will only result in one more day of delays.  They won't continue to work on this until it is resolved.  Instead, they make the customer call this department and then call another department.  I've never seen a company with so little concern for unhappy customers.  They should assign one person to work on resolving this, regardless of how many departments they may need to work with.  Instead, they will make me call from department to department, trying to get dsl back on my line.  If I could get dsl from ANYONE else, I would.  but don't have any other choices.  CAN'T YOU GUYS FIX MY DSL?????????????? IS THERE NO ONE AT AT&T THAT CARES ABOUT CUSTOMER SATISFACTION THAT CAN FIX MY ISSUE????????????

Police disconnect my phone & dsl, 2 weeks later & AT&T still can't get my DSL working!

1 reply
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (1)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 10, 2010 2:04:35 AM
    (0)
    AT&T Internet Expert

Hello kfocht,

I thank you on AT&T’s behalf for trusting us for 25 long years. I would also like to thank you for giving us your valuable feedback. We believe that we can grow as an organization and improve our customer’s experience if we keep getting suggestions, complaints and feedbacks from our customers and we are successful in implementing most of it.

To get the exact information about your AT&T DSL and phone services order that you placed, please contact AT&T order department at 1-800-288-2020 between 8am to 6pm Monday through Friday, they will check your AT&T account details and will share the update with you.

Ideally AT&T DSL and phone services should not take that long to get activated. Hence, please also ask them the reason for the delay and they will do the needful accordingly.

We value you as member, please bear with us.

I am concerned with your feedback that our services are not making you feel very satisfied. I can assure you that your inputs would be forwarded to the right people and would be given due consideration and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

Re: Police disconnect my phone & dsl, 2 weeks later & AT&T still can't get my DSL workin

2 of 2 (1,040 Views)