Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jan 6, 2012
10:42:13 AM
View profile
Please confirm what I was sold by unscrupoulous salesperson

I'm going to make a long story short. My switch to AT&T was to save money.  I signed up for what is supposed to be a bundle package including  local and long distance, internet, and Direct TV. The salesperson lied about several things.  First being that I would have an additional phone jack installed at no cost.  That was one of my hesitations in switching to ATT because I didn't want cords running through my house.  She even put me on hold while she got approval to waive the fee.  The installer had no information about this.  I spent several hours over many days unsuccessfully trying to resolve this.  Suffice to say I encountered many of the issues/treatment stated elsewhere, and am still tripping over cords.  The Direct TV was supposed to be a temporary stand-in until U-verse was availible in my area, at which point, the salesperson assured me I could transfer to U-Verse at no additional cost.  However, after Direct TV was installed, I was given a two-year contract to sign. I was also told not to bother contacting my previous provider to cancel because AT&T would handle that.  When I went to turn in their equipment, I was informed that not only hadn't the account been closed but that only I can close the account.  Seems the AT&T salesperson just didn't want to risk my provider changing my mind.  The result is that I had to pay for service that I thought had been cancelled.   The AT&T salesperson kept throwing in "free" incentives to get my business, and repeatedly assured me that my bill would be no more than $92 excluding state/fed fees.    I received a Welcome to AT&T booklet which states a rate of $61.77 with the note that this doesn't reflect discounts or wavers aka bundles.   I called and was assured that I did indeed have the bundle package. I've since gotten a bill from Direct TV for $55 stating that I would be billed by AT&T separately. I've been unable to view AT&T billing online.  I just spent over an hour trying to get that resolved.  I was finally told that I have to wait until I get my first bill which would be for approximately $86. The agent listed a bunch of features that I dont need and that were supposed to be free.  When I asked about my supposed bundle package, I was disconnected.  I prevoiuosly had AT&T in another state and the service was excellent.  I'm shocked by this recent experience.  I'd like confirmation of my bundle and the free jack installation that I was promised.

I'm going to make a long story short. My switch to AT&T was to save money.  I signed up for what is supposed to be a bundle package including  local and long distance, internet, and Direct TV. The salesperson lied about several things.  First being that I would have an additional phone jack installed at no cost.  That was one of my hesitations in switching to ATT because I didn't want cords running through my house.  She even put me on hold while she got approval to waive the fee.  The installer had no information about this.  I spent several hours over many days unsuccessfully trying to resolve this.  Suffice to say I encountered many of the issues/treatment stated elsewhere, and am still tripping over cords.  The Direct TV was supposed to be a temporary stand-in until U-verse was availible in my area, at which point, the salesperson assured me I could transfer to U-Verse at no additional cost.  However, after Direct TV was installed, I was given a two-year contract to sign. I was also told not to bother contacting my previous provider to cancel because AT&T would handle that.  When I went to turn in their equipment, I was informed that not only hadn't the account been closed but that only I can close the account.  Seems the AT&T salesperson just didn't want to risk my provider changing my mind.  The result is that I had to pay for service that I thought had been cancelled.   The AT&T salesperson kept throwing in "free" incentives to get my business, and repeatedly assured me that my bill would be no more than $92 excluding state/fed fees.    I received a Welcome to AT&T booklet which states a rate of $61.77 with the note that this doesn't reflect discounts or wavers aka bundles.   I called and was assured that I did indeed have the bundle package. I've since gotten a bill from Direct TV for $55 stating that I would be billed by AT&T separately. I've been unable to view AT&T billing online.  I just spent over an hour trying to get that resolved.  I was finally told that I have to wait until I get my first bill which would be for approximately $86. The agent listed a bunch of features that I dont need and that were supposed to be free.  When I asked about my supposed bundle package, I was disconnected.  I prevoiuosly had AT&T in another state and the service was excellent.  I'm shocked by this recent experience.  I'd like confirmation of my bundle and the free jack installation that I was promised.

Please confirm what I was sold by unscrupoulous salesperson

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 8:01:29 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Welcome Angel and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the recent experience. I received your Private Message and replied with the information needed since this is account specific. Please check your Private Message inbox (blue envelope, top-right) for an update.  We'll get you in touch with the appropriate group.

Regards,
Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Welcome Angel and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the recent experience. I received your Private Message and replied with the information needed since this is account specific. Please check your Private Message inbox (blue envelope, top-right) for an update.  We'll get you in touch with the appropriate group.

Regards,
Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Please confirm what I was sold by unscrupoulous salesperson

2 of 7 (852 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2012 10:25:24 AM
(0)
Contributor
Hello,
It's been more than a week and I have not heard from anyone from AT&T.  I received a phone call from a person from Direct TV, however I set up my account through AT&T.  I was sold a bundle by AT&T.   The Direct TV person could not address AT&T billing.  My bill online is for $162.  This is in addition to the $55.35 I've already paid Direct TV.   My total bundle package, not including state/government fees was to be $92.  $92 minus $55.35 = $36.65.  It's difficult for me to make out the state/fed charges because they seem to be duplicated in different places. 

I totally dont understand what's going on here.  Either you sell bundles or you don't.  Either it's $92 or it's not.  Is there some error in my billing or was I sold something that doesn't exist?  I believe I saw a package including Direct TV somewhere in my attempts to navigate through the quagmire. 

I requested through the Direct TV person that the sales call be reviewed.  I shouldnt need to do that as it should be automatic in cases like this.  AT&T supports and rewards it's salespeople to lie and sell no matter what.   This is validated by the fact that there are absolutely no repurcussions or accountability.  The customer is left to deal with the h--- that is AT&T billing and customer service. 

I am asking for a straight answer and/or cancellation of my "bundle."

Thank you.

Hello,
It's been more than a week and I have not heard from anyone from AT&T.  I received a phone call from a person from Direct TV, however I set up my account through AT&T.  I was sold a bundle by AT&T.   The Direct TV person could not address AT&T billing.  My bill online is for $162.  This is in addition to the $55.35 I've already paid Direct TV.   My total bundle package, not including state/government fees was to be $92.  $92 minus $55.35 = $36.65.  It's difficult for me to make out the state/fed charges because they seem to be duplicated in different places. 

I totally dont understand what's going on here.  Either you sell bundles or you don't.  Either it's $92 or it's not.  Is there some error in my billing or was I sold something that doesn't exist?  I believe I saw a package including Direct TV somewhere in my attempts to navigate through the quagmire. 

I requested through the Direct TV person that the sales call be reviewed.  I shouldnt need to do that as it should be automatic in cases like this.  AT&T supports and rewards it's salespeople to lie and sell no matter what.   This is validated by the fact that there are absolutely no repurcussions or accountability.  The customer is left to deal with the h--- that is AT&T billing and customer service. 

Thank you.

3 of 7 (806 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2012 10:11:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

Sounds like what I went thru with the different billing amounts.. I can't understand how AT&T can be such a huge company and they have so many issues with the customer service lying to us customers just to sell us there product. And then when we get the bill the amount is always higher then what we were told and when you call to ask about it, of course the person you talk to has no notes about the purchase you made with the first employee. So all they can do is say I'm sorry and its all suppose to go away and us customers are the ones in the dark on what to do....

I feel that when a person gets arrested for stealing, that person will sit in jail and have to pay back what was stolen. But, when AT&T's employer sells us a plan and when we get our bill and its for a higher amount, wouldn't that be considered stealing and someone should pay the price and the consequence for lye?

Sounds like what I went thru with the different billing amounts.. I can't understand how AT&T can be such a huge company and they have so many issues with the customer service lying to us customers just to sell us there product. And then when we get the bill the amount is always higher then what we were told and when you call to ask about it, of course the person you talk to has no notes about the purchase you made with the first employee. So all they can do is say I'm sorry and its all suppose to go away and us customers are the ones in the dark on what to do....

I feel that when a person gets arrested for stealing, that person will sit in jail and have to pay back what was stolen. But, when AT&T's employer sells us a plan and when we get our bill and its for a higher amount, wouldn't that be considered stealing and someone should pay the price and the consequence for lye?

4 of 7 (797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2012 3:45:00 PM
(0)
Teacher

Angel Scott wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.

Angel Scott: you posted your complaint on Jan 9th. It's been 12 days later. Have they contacted you and has this been resolved? I am wonder if I am just wasting my time here, waiting to hear the same message with no return calls. 

Angel Scott wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.

Angel Scott: you posted your complaint on Jan 9th. It's been 12 days later. Have they contacted you and has this been resolved? I am wonder if I am just wasting my time here, waiting to hear the same message with no return calls. 

5 of 7 (776 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2012 8:05:27 AM
(0)
Tutor

Hello,

Hope your problem has been resolved.  Mine hasn't.  Did receive phone calls eventually, and attempts made to rectify situation.  But it still isn't right and AT&T has unbelievably cut off my service.  Now I can't reach either contact because in one case the number has changed and the number given is the dreaded customer service.  For the other, I'm now being asked to put in a code which I do not have.  

Hello,

Hope your problem has been resolved.  Mine hasn't.  Did receive phone calls eventually, and attempts made to rectify situation.  But it still isn't right and AT&T has unbelievably cut off my service.  Now I can't reach either contact because in one case the number has changed and the number given is the dreaded customer service.  For the other, I'm now being asked to put in a code which I do not have.  

6 of 7 (682 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2012 8:02:04 PM
(0)
Expert

Contact Alex again, and whatever code you need, he should be able to help with that.

Alex

Angel Scott again wrote:

Hello,

Contact Alex again, and whatever code you need, he should be able to help with that.

Alex

Angel Scott again wrote:

Hello,

7 of 7 (523 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments