Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jun 18, 2010
1:10:24 PM
View profile
Playstation 3 NAT 3 issues via the Netopia 3347-01-1006 router

I have been trying to connect my PS3 to my router (Netopia 3347-01-1006) wirelessly with NAT 2 settings for a week or more.  All I can get is NAT 3 connection. I have been on the phone with ATT and Netopia, all they can do give me generic  walk-throughs.  Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone give me a ‘good’ walk-through?  Or do I need to get ATT to send me a new/different router? 

I have been trying to connect my PS3 to my router (Netopia 3347-01-1006) wirelessly with NAT 2 settings for a week or more.  All I can get is NAT 3 connection. I have been on the phone with ATT and Netopia, all they can do give me generic  walk-throughs.  Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone give me a ‘good’ walk-through?  Or do I need to get ATT to send me a new/different router? 

Playstation 3 NAT 3 issues via the Netopia 3347-01-1006 router

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 2:06:14 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello holdallcards,

Thank you for bringing this up and I do apologize for the inconvenience you've encountered. With regard to your concern, I would first like to verify what you mean when you say NAT 2 or NAT 3. There is only one NAT (Network Address Translation) configuration on every modem we have. NAT works as a filter that protects your private IP's (IP's that are set to your computer and other devices connected to the network) by using a public IP (IP that represents your connection to the Internet). However, if you have multiple static IP's then you can use two or three static IP's to be configure as a public IP on the modem. Are you referring to these Static IP's when you say NAT 2 and NAT 3?

On AT&T's end, we only support basic configuration to connect your Play Station 3 to our modem. You can open the instructions on how to configure it by clicking on this link http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB400763. For advance configuration of your Play Station 3, we have our Connect Support Plus Department to help you with that. You can reach our Support Plus Department at the number 888-263-4693 and they are open from 9:00 am - 12:00 mn Monday - Sunday. The other option would be to contact the Manufacturer of your Play Station 3 for them to help you with connecting that device.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello holdallcards,

Thank you for bringing this up and I do apologize for the inconvenience you've encountered. With regard to your concern, I would first like to verify what you mean when you say NAT 2 or NAT 3. There is only one NAT (Network Address Translation) configuration on every modem we have. NAT works as a filter that protects your private IP's (IP's that are set to your computer and other devices connected to the network) by using a public IP (IP that represents your connection to the Internet). However, if you have multiple static IP's then you can use two or three static IP's to be configure as a public IP on the modem. Are you referring to these Static IP's when you say NAT 2 and NAT 3?

On AT&T's end, we only support basic configuration to connect your Play Station 3 to our modem. You can open the instructions on how to configure it by clicking on this link http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB400763. For advance configuration of your Play Station 3, we have our Connect Support Plus Department to help you with that. You can reach our Support Plus Department at the number 888-263-4693 and they are open from 9:00 am - 12:00 mn Monday - Sunday. The other option would be to contact the Manufacturer of your Play Station 3 for them to help you with connecting that device.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Re: Playstation 3 NAT 3 issues via the Netopia 3347-01-1006 router

2 of 2 (1,603 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments