Password reset w/new router/modem

Highlighted
Contributor

Password reset w/new router/modem

I had to purchase a new router modem.  Actiontec WT724wgr.   The same model that I was previously using that was knocked out by storms my area has been having.  I purchased the same model I had previously and set up the connection with the same computer as before.  I was able to get an internet connection, however it automatically routes from any page to an AT&T page that says my internet password needs reset.  I put in the verifying information and the Updating information page just sits there.  Last night the page was stuck for half an hour "Updating information"  My previous modem/router never had to do this.  The login and password were entered correctly.  What is the deal? 

It is an Actiontec Gt724wgr.  I understad that this is not an AT&T "approved" device, but I didn't have any problems before with the same model, different device. 

Message 1 of 2
Employee

Re: Password reset w/new router/modem

Hello miah,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.  

I would like to share that there is a recent change about the AT&T customer’s DSL account and Network password.

From June 13, 2010, the DSL Member ID password has been decoupled into two separate passwords.
There will be an Account password (for AT&T email account portal) and a DSL Network password (to connect to the Internet).

• The Account password will provide the customer access to email and online portal applications.
  • The DSL Network password will be a system-generated password that will be used by the modem to authenticate and connect to the network. 
  • Customers will continue to have the ability to use cMAM (http://att.com/internetaccount) to perform their own password resets.

The window that you are receiving to update your AT&T account details must require your AT&T Network password, so we recommend you engage in a live chat session with one of our DSL experts by clicking the link below.

AT&T DSL Support Chat

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support