PS3 and Motorola Modem; how do I change the NAT type?

Contributor

PS3 and Motorola Modem; how do I change the NAT type?

I'm not too big on computers or anything internet wise so this is a pain in the neck. When I try to play any game online, My ps3 says that my NAT type is 3 and that I should change the settings on the modem from the computer, but I haven't had any success. I've done a lot of things already but nothing seems to work. Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (2,476 Views)
Employee

Re: PS3 and Motorola Modem; how do I change the NAT type?

Hi,

We understand your concern and would be glad to assist you.

I would request you to contact AT&T technical support at 1-877-722-3755 (toll free number), open 24/7.

We look forward to speaking with you to resolve this issue.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (2,391 Views)
Contributor

If you call the number, they will inform you that you must add a $15/m charge to your bill to get any help what so ever involving a gaming console. This company is a rip off

Message 3 of 5 (1,514 Views)
Tutor

Change your AT&T MODEM over to public from private, then set it to always on. You'll have NAT 2

Message 4 of 5 (1,503 Views)

can someone elaborate on how to swich the modem over from private to public? i have had the att/motorola/netopia modem/router/wifi combo for a few years... asked for an upgrade and they sent me the same unit (exactly).

my ps3 has always been nat 3... i even turned off the wifi bought a new wireless router and still am getting nat3...

at least now i am getting a nice wireless n connection from the new router and not capped at 54mbps... anyway...

help with the ps3 would be great...

Message 5 of 5 (992 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.