Ask a question

Posted Mar 19, 2011
10:34:56 PM
PS3 and Motorola Modem; how do I change the NAT type?

I'm not too big on computers or anything internet wise so this is a pain in the neck. When I try to play any game online, My ps3 says that my NAT type is 3 and that I should change the settings on the modem from the computer, but I haven't had any success. I've done a lot of things already but nothing seems to work. Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PS3 and Motorola Modem; how do I change the NAT type?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2011 2:36:57 PM
(0)
AT&T Internet Expert
Hi,

We understand your concern and would be glad to assist you.

I would request you to contact AT&T technical support at 1-877-722-3755 (toll free number), open 24/7.

We look forward to speaking with you to resolve this issue.

Re: PS3 and Motorola Modem; how do I change the NAT type?

2 of 5 (2,275 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2011 10:38:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

If you call the number, they will inform you that you must add a $15/m charge to your bill to get any help what so ever involving a gaming console. This company is a rip off

3 of 5 (1,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 6:17:23 AM
(0)
Tutor

Change your AT&T MODEM over to public from private, then set it to always on. You'll have NAT 2

4 of 5 (1,387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2012 11:49:32 AM
(0)
Voyager

can someone elaborate on how to swich the modem over from private to public? i have had the att/motorola/netopia modem/router/wifi combo for a few years... asked for an upgrade and they sent me the same unit (exactly).

my ps3 has always been nat 3... i even turned off the wifi bought a new wireless router and still am getting nat3...

at least now i am getting a nice wireless n connection from the new router and not capped at 54mbps... anyway...

help with the ps3 would be great...

5 of 5 (876 Views)