Internet Forums

Posted Mar 19, 2011
10:34:56 PM
PS3 and Motorola Modem; how do I change the NAT type?

I'm not too big on computers or anything internet wise so this is a pain in the neck. When I try to play any game online, My ps3 says that my NAT type is 3 and that I should change the settings on the modem from the computer, but I haven't had any success. I've done a lot of things already but nothing seems to work. Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I'm not too big on computers or anything internet wise so this is a pain in the neck. When I try to play any game online, My ps3 says that my NAT type is 3 and that I should change the settings on the modem from the computer, but I haven't had any success. I've done a lot of things already but nothing seems to work. Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PS3 and Motorola Modem; how do I change the NAT type?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2011 2:36:57 PM
(0)
AT&T Internet Expert
Hi,

We understand your concern and would be glad to assist you.

I would request you to contact AT&T technical support at 1-877-722-3755 (toll free number), open 24/7.

We look forward to speaking with you to resolve this issue.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hi,

We understand your concern and would be glad to assist you.

I would request you to contact AT&T technical support at 1-877-722-3755 (toll free number), open 24/7.

We look forward to speaking with you to resolve this issue.

Re: PS3 and Motorola Modem; how do I change the NAT type?

2 of 5 (2,261 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2011 10:38:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

If you call the number, they will inform you that you must add a $15/m charge to your bill to get any help what so ever involving a gaming console. This company is a rip off

If you call the number, they will inform you that you must add a $15/m charge to your bill to get any help what so ever involving a gaming console. This company is a rip off

3 of 5 (1,384 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 6:17:23 AM
(0)
Tutor

Change your AT&T MODEM over to public from private, then set it to always on. You'll have NAT 2

Change your AT&T MODEM over to public from private, then set it to always on. You'll have NAT 2

4 of 5 (1,373 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2012 11:49:32 AM
(0)
Voyager

can someone elaborate on how to swich the modem over from private to public? i have had the att/motorola/netopia modem/router/wifi combo for a few years... asked for an upgrade and they sent me the same unit (exactly).

my ps3 has always been nat 3... i even turned off the wifi bought a new wireless router and still am getting nat3...

at least now i am getting a nice wireless n connection from the new router and not capped at 54mbps... anyway...

help with the ps3 would be great...

can someone elaborate on how to swich the modem over from private to public? i have had the att/motorola/netopia modem/router/wifi combo for a few years... asked for an upgrade and they sent me the same unit (exactly).

my ps3 has always been nat 3... i even turned off the wifi bought a new wireless router and still am getting nat3...

at least now i am getting a nice wireless n connection from the new router and not capped at 54mbps... anyway...

help with the ps3 would be great...

5 of 5 (862 Views)