Outgoing email at att.net has been down since October 29th

Tutor

Outgoing email at att.net has been down since October 29th

I can't send email to my att.net accounts. It's been down since October 29th, and I've had the same configuration for about 8 years!?! Is anyone else using email at the att.net domain and send secure email through the SMTP server - imailhost.worldnet.att.net? Thanks for any help.
Tags (3)
Message 1 of 50
Contributor

Re: Outgoing email at att.net has been down since October 29th

the 'can you hear me' commercial should be taken to heart by att. as we speak, i am making arrangements to take all of my business away from att. home phone, internet, call phones. i have wasted over 4 hours these past few days with the att help desk trying to get my internet to work again. to no avail. since the migration to the yahoo servers, it has been a disaster. once in a while email comes through. mostly not. the help desk doesn't even know that the problem exists. goodbye att. hello comcast.
Message 46 of 50
Contributor

This just started happening to me yesterday. My account was "blocked for abuse". I spend quite a while running 3 levels of virus/malware scans on every computer in the house (Avast, Malwarebytes & Superantispyware) to see if it was my fault. Everything came up clean. Then I changed my IP address and that cleared it up for a day. Now it is giving me the same abuse message. The "help" pages suggested that I change my Thunderbird email settings to the att.yahoo settings. That doesn't work. I have been an ATT customer FOREVER. I used it early in the dialup days as ATT had the best worldwide dialup access of any service. I have had my email account for years and continue to pay ATT for email as it has remained bulletproof. Please.....I want my ATT back the way it was!
Message 47 of 50
Teacher

Til... many thanks for the SSL tip - it worked! If only AT&T support had communicated that change to their then customers we wouldn't have wasted the best part of a month trying to guess/figure this out. Cheers, Colin.
Message 48 of 50
Contributor

I absolutely HATE the conversion from ATT.NET to Yahoo!!! I cannot get to my att.net email at all!! At the moment I am in India and I suppose I should not be the least bit surprised as when I was at home in the US I was not able to send or receive any email to/from India using ATT. I got a Yahoo email account just for contacting my dentist in India and now that I am here I have absolutely no way of accessing my att.net email. Every time I try the system revertsback to the yahoo account and will not let me get anywhere near my att.net account. This is totally ridiculous and I suppose there is no way to resolve this except to cancel all my ATT services since I apparently cannot access them anyway. I am paying ATT almost $300 a month for virtually no access
Message 49 of 50
Highlighted
Employee

Hello SandraLRose, Please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced. The issue that you are experiencing about AT&T Yahoo! web mail account can be resolved while checking your AT&T account details. Hence, it is recommended that you contact AT&T technical support. If you are in India, please, contact AT&T technical department through AT&T eChat support, you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent: Browse http://support.att.com and click on Chat with us link available in the bottom right corner. I regret all the uncertainty you have experienced. Please feel free to reply to the post if you have any further questions.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 50 of 50
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support