Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Apr 22, 2012
2:19:41 PM
View profile
Open port 5000 on U-verse router (to view IP Camera remotely)
ubrahme
Opening Port 5000 on U-Verse Router (to connect IP Camera )

Hi -

1.0        When I signed up for U-verse back in 2008 - I had the Tech Open Port 5000 -   so as to connect my IP camera

& view remotely

2.0  Later on U-verse router went ... so they replaced the router

3.0  I had to reset all my devices (Laptops , ipad, ipod etc) as this was a NEW router

4.0  The IP camera can connect - but the Port 5000 has to be openeed by ISP - and ATT wont help saying

$49 to Connect Tech so that they will open the port !!

Does anyone know how to open PORT 5000  on U-verse supplier routers ?  Or is it controlled by U-verse technicians?   My camera is a Panasonic BL-131A

If the U-verse guys don't help - I am tempted to go back to comcast ($150 rebate - and buy a new camera)

which does not neccessiate opening ports -

ubrahme

Hi -

1.0        When I signed up for U-verse back in 2008 - I had the Tech Open Port 5000 -   so as to connect my IP camera

& view remotely

3.0  I had to reset all my devices (Laptops , ipad, ipod etc) as this was a NEW router

4.0  The IP camera can connect - but the Port 5000 has to be openeed by ISP - and ATT wont help saying

Does anyone know how to open PORT 5000  on U-verse supplier routers ?  Or is it controlled by U-verse technicians?   My camera is a Panasonic BL-131A

If the U-verse guys don't help - I am tempted to go back to comcast ($150 rebate - and buy a new camera)

Open port 5000 on U-verse router (to view IP Camera remotely)

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2012 6:02:35 AM
(0)
Master

ubrahme wrote:
ubrahme

Hi -

& view remotely

What is the manufacturer/model of your new U-verse router?

Can you tell if the camera is actually connecting to the routers wireless?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

ubrahme wrote:
ubrahme

Hi -

& view remotely

What is the manufacturer/model of your new U-verse router?

Can you tell if the camera is actually connecting to the routers wireless?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: Open port 5000 on U-verse router (to view IP Camera remotely)

2 of 2 (786 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments