Not billed for what i signed up for

Contributor

Not billed for what i signed up for

I signed up for internet with ATT back in July. At the time I was told that I would receive internet for $19 a month. The first bill came and it was $49. I call customer service and was told pay the first bill and the in it would be corrected, my next bill would be $19 and I would receive a $30 credit.

The next month came and again my bill was $49. I again called and this time was told “no, no you need to pay 3 months at full price and then you will receive a credit and it will then be at $19 a month.” I asked the customer service rep to send that to me in e-mail since I had already had two calls. I was told that she could not do that but that she had put notes down on my file and they would take care of it.

Three months passed and low a behold again my bill is $49 not $19 and I have received no credit for the difference. (which at this point is four months at $49 which equals $200, when I should have been billed four months at $19 equaling $80. That’s a$120 in which I have over paid.) I called yet again and was told again pay the $49 and it will be fixed starting next month, however they were not sure how they could do credits. When I asked for it in an e-mail I was again told they could not put anything they say on the phone in writing. I then asked to talk to a supervisor and was told that a supervisor would call me later that day after 5 pm. No one called.

I am at my wits end and about to cancel as well as file a complaint with the FCC. This seems like a billing scam that borders on corporate fraud. All I want is to be billed for what I agreed to.

Please Help.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
Tutor

Re: Not billed for what i signed up for

That's exactly what we need to do. Complaint with the FCC, You are not the only one in that situation.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Not billed for what i signed up for

This is EXACTLY why I am on this forum.  Just received my third month's bill with $49 per month charged.  I've called each month and been told it would be fixed and I would have a credit by the next month.  Still nothing.  Last month, I talked to someone via chat and printed the conversation out, so I have it in writing that the charges should be fixed by the third month and I should have a credit for the overpayment.  Of course, that's not what happened.  Funny - can't get chat to work today!

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support