Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Aug 16, 2011
1:43:34 PM
View profile
No NNTP/Newsgroups!!

Just signed a 1 year contract for DSL, installed and registered, and discovered that AT&T doesn't provide ANY support for NNTP Newsgroups...None At All!!  Can anyone spell R-I-P-O-F-F???  Now we're stuck with a contract and I've lost half of my internet information sources!!

Just signed a 1 year contract for DSL, installed and registered, and discovered that AT&T doesn't provide ANY support for NNTP Newsgroups...None At All!!  Can anyone spell R-I-P-O-F-F???  Now we're stuck with a contract and I've lost half of my internet information sources!!

No NNTP/Newsgroups!!

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2011 9:19:50 AM
(0)
Mentor

Hi Tek!

Sorry about this delayed response, I try to get to as many of these posts as I can but I do have a "real" job so sometimes it takes a little time. Usually in those cases someone else has offered some sort of help by now, guess just not this time. So you're having issues with your NNTP reader client, which one are you using? I don't subscribe to NNTP services but I'm sure if I know the client you're using, I can find the configuration we need to resolve your concerns. Hope this post finds you well and not having given up.

Hi Tek!

Sorry about this delayed response, I try to get to as many of these posts as I can but I do have a "real" job so sometimes it takes a little time. Usually in those cases someone else has offered some sort of help by now, guess just not this time. So you're having issues with your NNTP reader client, which one are you using? I don't subscribe to NNTP services but I'm sure if I know the client you're using, I can find the configuration we need to resolve your concerns. Hope this post finds you well and not having given up.

Re: No NNTP/Newsgroups!!

2 of 2 (467 Views)