New Customers Get the Breaks

Contributor

New Customers Get the Breaks

If I was to sign up now as a new customer, Basic, Express.Pro all start for $14.95 for a full year with a free modem.

It's a great reason to come to ATT but it always seems a little unfair to me that new customers get the breaks but loyal customers who remain year after year don't get any breaks.  I pay $33 a month and have been paying it both at my current residence and my previous.    I have Express which is far from fast and getting slower all the time.

New customers also get a new modem.  When my modem recently went out, I had to pay $75 for a new modem to continue to use ATT.  (I was also told this would be divided into 3 equal payments which of course was not true so had a huge phone bill  for a couple of months before I could get it all paid.)   Being on social security, a big inconvience.

But I always wonder why these big companies offer so much for new customers but the customers who stay with them for years never get any breaks.  I could drop ATT today, sign up again next month and then pay $14.95 for a year.  Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Expert

Re: New Customers Get the Breaks

When I had DSL, the modem always ended up being free as ATT would give you a mail-in rebate; maybe that's changed?

Alex can help if you send him a PM here:

Alex

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support