Netflix issues using 2wire wifi router/modem.....HELP!!

Contributor

Netflix issues using 2wire wifi router/modem.....HELP!!

I have recently switched service from Time Warner to AT&T DSL (no phone line required). Since making the switch, I have had issues streaming movies from Netflix on my XBOX 360 wirelessly. When I had Time Warner and using my Netgear Wireless Router everything was fine, but now with AT&T using the 2Wire wireless router, the signal is low and it says the speed is too low. I did a speed test on my laptop (wireless) and I am right at 4.7 megs down.

We have 2 xbox's that we use Netfilx on, one is wired and one is wireless. No issues with the one that is wired, and I have no issues with my laptop wifi signal (nice and strong). The slow speeds happen only when using Netflix on my XBOX 360 wirelessly and it happens allot on my iPhone when connected to my wifi and I am watching youtube on my iPhone.

Is there a setting in the router that I need to change?

Message 1 of 6
Employee

Re: Netflix issues using 2wire wifi router/modem.....HELP!!

Hello jvoirin,

In order to troubleshoot this issue we need to check the wireless settings of your 2 Wire router and perform multiple troubleshooting steps. Please try the steps available in the link mentioned below:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401971

If the issue persists, it is recommended that you contact voice technical helpdesk at 1-877-722-3755 (they are open 24/7).

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6

I am also having a problem with this.  I am hardwired into thte back of the 2wire and can sometimes barely get the netflix to even bring up the netflix movie.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

I also am experiencing the same problem. I called tech support and they told me I had to subscribe to a 15/month service in order to talk to a tech person that was qualified to help me configure the 2wire device with netflix on the roku. This used to work fine with a different configuration I had with a linksys router. The 2wire modem would make a better paperweight as at&t will sell you products and services which they can't provide free tech support for with fairly common configurations. 

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Problem solved. Had to reset the Roku device. First time it has failed in this manner and it looked like a 2wire problem but it was a roku problem. 

Message 5 of 6
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support