Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted May 26, 2012
7:34:39 AM
View profile
Need to portforward multiple ports on netgear 7550
Edited by avalanch on May 26, 2012 at 7:54:27 AM

As stated in this thread I need to portforward ports 6881-6999

"3) Forwarding ports 1119 and 6881-6999 on the router to your computer's current IP address."

So what exactly do I put in for lan port..?

Obviously the start port would have to be 6881 and the end port 6999.

As stated in this thread I need to portforward ports 6881-6999

"3) Forwarding ports 1119 and 6881-6999 on the router to your computer's current IP address."

So what exactly do I put in for lan port..?

Obviously the start port would have to be 6881 and the end port 6999.

Need to portforward multiple ports on netgear 7550

[ Edited ]
9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2012 8:44:43 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have this same question.. At first i thought it was a spot for the ip address of the computer im using as a host. But that proved to be incorrect..

I have this same question.. At first i thought it was a spot for the ip address of the computer im using as a host. But that proved to be incorrect..

Re: Need to portforward multiple ports on netgear 7550

2 of 10 (22,977 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2012 7:49:58 AM
(0)
Tutor

You will need to create a seperate "Custom Service" for each port.  I would give the service name then the port number so you don't get confused.

Example - Do this for each port:

Service Name:  BitTorrent 6881

Protocol:  TCP

Start Port:  6881

End Port:  6881

Lan Port:  6881

The only reason there is a port range for the external Start Port and End Port is so you can funnel multiple ports into 1 local lan port.  Let's say you have a web server and you want ports 80 - 88 to bring up your webpage.  You would use Start Port 80, End Port 88 and Lan port of 80 (assuming you are running the local server on 80).  Some games do this too.

There is no way to forward an entire range at once.  Usually you use Port Triggering for something like that or put that PC in the DMZ.

I'm a network administrator and even in a CISCO PIX you have to have multiple lines (one for each port).  If you don't, how does it know that port 80 doesn't go with 81, etc.  

Yes, I know, it's time consuming but it will work if you do it this way.

You will need to create a seperate "Custom Service" for each port.  I would give the service name then the port number so you don't get confused.

Example - Do this for each port:

Service Name:  BitTorrent 6881

Protocol:  TCP

Start Port:  6881

End Port:  6881

Lan Port:  6881

The only reason there is a port range for the external Start Port and End Port is so you can funnel multiple ports into 1 local lan port.  Let's say you have a web server and you want ports 80 - 88 to bring up your webpage.  You would use Start Port 80, End Port 88 and Lan port of 80 (assuming you are running the local server on 80).  Some games do this too.

There is no way to forward an entire range at once.  Usually you use Port Triggering for something like that or put that PC in the DMZ.

I'm a network administrator and even in a CISCO PIX you have to have multiple lines (one for each port).  If you don't, how does it know that port 80 doesn't go with 81, etc.  

Yes, I know, it's time consuming but it will work if you do it this way.

3 of 10 (22,874 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2012 9:07:40 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for your input. I have been trying for two weeks to set up port forwarding for three IP cameras. I contacted ATT Support twice and still nothing happens. Each time they said the ports were open, I would run a port scanner and it would indicate my ports were closed. I was told to put my last open port in the Lan Port.  I've established a No-Ip account for each port to give me a static address. No info manual was received with the Netgear B90-755025-15 router/modem. Any other thing I need to check before contacting support again?

Thanks for your input. I have been trying for two weeks to set up port forwarding for three IP cameras. I contacted ATT Support twice and still nothing happens. Each time they said the ports were open, I would run a port scanner and it would indicate my ports were closed. I was told to put my last open port in the Lan Port.  I've established a No-Ip account for each port to give me a static address. No info manual was received with the Netgear B90-755025-15 router/modem. Any other thing I need to check before contacting support again?

: Need to portforward multiple ports on netgear 7550

4 of 10 (22,439 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2012 11:11:47 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am trying to set up a Foscam Camera in my home.  I used DYNDNS to set up a static IP address

I used your direction on port forwarding and need to know if I also have to set up port triggering in order to access my camera video.  I can see the video if I use the camera IP address (wireless setting) but not in my Internet IP address where the static IP is.

Any advice??

Margaret     

I am trying to set up a Foscam Camera in my home.  I used DYNDNS to set up a static IP address

I used your direction on port forwarding and need to know if I also have to set up port triggering in order to access my camera video.  I can see the video if I use the camera IP address (wireless setting) but not in my Internet IP address where the static IP is.

Any advice??

Margaret     

5 of 10 (22,336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2012 4:10:55 PM
(0)
Tutor
I GOT ONE TO WORK!!! I found that I also had to set-up a service within Windows XP computer and identify the port and service I wanted to use. I assume you must do this also with other operating systems. Make sure you also identify the computer by name, or ip address in the modem/router. You do not have to set-up port triggering, at least I did not.
I GOT ONE TO WORK!!! I found that I also had to set-up a service within Windows XP computer and identify the port and service I wanted to use. I assume you must do this also with other operating systems. Make sure you also identify the computer by name, or ip address in the modem/router. You do not have to set-up port triggering, at least I did not.

Re: : Need to portforward multiple ports on netgear 7550

6 of 10 (22,312 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2012 8:45:59 AM
(0)
Contributor

I DID START PORT; END PORT; AND LAN PORT 8080. WHEN ENABLING SERVICE IT ASKS FOR LAN IP; WHAT DO YOU NEED TO ENTER HERE?

I DID START PORT; END PORT; AND LAN PORT 8080. WHEN ENABLING SERVICE IT ASKS FOR LAN IP; WHAT DO YOU NEED TO ENTER HERE?

7 of 10 (21,978 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2012 6:07:19 AM
(0)
Teacher

Portforward.com is where most people go to learn about port forwarding.  You can try one of the Westell models listed in the link below since the 7550 is not currently listed........but it should be very similiar to the others.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Westell/default.htm

Note: Netgear bought out Westell.

Portforward.com is where most people go to learn about port forwarding.  You can try one of the Westell models listed in the link below since the 7550 is not currently listed........but it should be very similiar to the others.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Westell/default.htm

Note: Netgear bought out Westell.

8 of 10 (21,946 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2012 6:16:18 AM
(0)
Teacher

The LAN ip address would be the device that you are trying to forwarding the port to. 

For example, if a camera has an ip address of 192.168.1.200, and you are trying to forward a port to that camera, then  you would enter 192.168.1.200 as the lan ip address.

You can find all the IP address of your lan by looking on the 7550's "statistics" page.

The LAN ip address would be the device that you are trying to forwarding the port to. 

For example, if a camera has an ip address of 192.168.1.200, and you are trying to forward a port to that camera, then  you would enter 192.168.1.200 as the lan ip address.

You can find all the IP address of your lan by looking on the 7550's "statistics" page.

9 of 10 (21,943 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2012 12:19:20 PM
(0)
Teacher

I got my port to finally view my dvr security cameras. Big pain trying but was a simple problem.

Anyway I only needed 1 port open but sure it will do it on multi ports as well.

Simply give it a name like DVR if it is for a DVR

Start port I used 2200

End port I also used 2200

Lan port I also put in 2200

Then created it.

Next was to activeate it.

You will find your new created one at the bottom of the dropdown list.

Select it and in the bottom dropdown select which connected device will be used for the port you want to open.

Mine was blank and also showed the computer which was connected.

Not sure why it didn't show a name, but this is what gave me 2 days of head aches trying.

I selected the one listed as blank and saved and wolla it showed my DVR cameras.

I got my port to finally view my dvr security cameras. Big pain trying but was a simple problem.

Anyway I only needed 1 port open but sure it will do it on multi ports as well.

Simply give it a name like DVR if it is for a DVR

Start port I used 2200

End port I also used 2200

Lan port I also put in 2200

Then created it.

Next was to activeate it.

You will find your new created one at the bottom of the dropdown list.

Select it and in the bottom dropdown select which connected device will be used for the port you want to open.

Mine was blank and also showed the computer which was connected.

Not sure why it didn't show a name, but this is what gave me 2 days of head aches trying.

I selected the one listed as blank and saved and wolla it showed my DVR cameras.

10 of 10 (20,956 Views)