Helpful Links

Need info on Rate Increase on basic landline - How hard to transist to cell-only?

Contributor

Need info on Rate Increase on basic landline - How hard to transist to cell-only?

I have tried to find any info. in an online search, (in news and on just regular web pages), and on the AT&T forums, and can not find any info. anywhere. I did not want to sit on hold for a half hour and get "canned" answers, so thought maybe someone may know anything about rate increases on basic landline phone service. It appears that my monthly basic (no long distance) home phone service has increased this year to about $4 more per month. I do not have u-verse, bundle, internet, wireless- nothing "extra", just basic phone.

Anyone else notice this? I am thinking of canceling and just using our cells, but that will involve a lot of work on our family's end to compile a list of those businesses, contacts, doctors, friends and family that we do not talk with on a regular basis, who do not call us on our cells or even have the numbers, and notify all of them of the change.

I'm assuming that our phone number will be re-issued after a time, so I can not use the call-forwarding to one of our new phone numbers for long enough for all of the infrequent callers to get the new number in case we missed them in our notification process.

Anyone else have any ideas of how to do transist from a (mostly) obsolete landline to cell use?

Ugh....

Message 1 of 3
Contributor

Re: Need info on Rate Increase on basic landline - How hard to transist to cell-only?

Yah i noticed the same thing, I need basic line, and I'm having a hard time keeping up with these increases, they increase so often now.

Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Need info on Rate Increase on basic landline - How hard to transist to cell-only?

ATT increased the rates when they lobbied to deregulate the phone business, and are pushing customers to jump into other plans:

http://stopthecap.com/2012/01/17/att-gouges-californians-with-25-telephone-rate-increase/

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues, we are here to chat!

Additional Support