View profile
Need help setting up a email account under more option
Edited by postonoh on Mar 11, 2011 at 2:43:02 PM

I created a account:

Logon to ATT web mail

click more option

click on account

Add an account 

Do not want receive email really all I want to do is send mail as poston@company.com

any assistance is helpful.

Or do I have to set the pop information to do this.

I created a account:

Logon to ATT web mail

click more option

click on account

Add an account 

Do not want receive email really all I want to do is send mail as poston@company.com

any assistance is helpful.

Or do I have to set the pop information to do this.

Need help setting up a email account under more option

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2011 2:45:49 PM
(0)
Employee

We understand your concern and would be glad to assist you.

It seems that you have added an e-mail address poston@company.com in your AT&T Yahoo! web (online) mail under the Accounts section and want to send mails using this e-mail address from your AT&T Yahoo! web mail.

We would need to verify the non AT&T e-mail address that you have added by sending a verification mail to poston@company.com. Hence, it is necessary that you have the access to the inbox of poston@company.com  (using a different account). If yes, then please refer to the following steps on how to send the verification mail.

AT&T Yahoo! Mail Account Verification Steps

1. Please sign in to your AT&T Yahoo! mail from the link att.yahoo.com/mail

2. Click Options in the upper-right corner of the page.

3. Click on Mail / More options.

4. In the menu on the left side, click on Accounts.

5. Click Add Account.

6. In the Account Name field, enter a name for your own reference (e.g., Work, School, My Domain, etc.)

7. Type in a name for outgoing email in the Your 'From' Name field (this is the name the person receiving email will see).

8. In the Email address field, enter the non AT&T e-mail address you would like to send mail from.(You'll be asked to verify this other address in an email we will send to this account.)

9. Click Save Changes.

10. You will now be prompted to verify the email address that you have just entered. Click the Close button, then check the inbox of the email address you are verifying. Once that verification message is received, click the link as instructed.

Your non AT&T  email address will be verified and can be used for sending emails through AT&T Yahoo! Web Mail or your email software.

For further assistance and if you are located in the one of the following states AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI, please contact e-Chat support from the web link provided below

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

We understand your concern and would be glad to assist you.

It seems that you have added an e-mail address poston@company.com in your AT&T Yahoo! web (online) mail under the Accounts section and want to send mails using this e-mail address from your AT&T Yahoo! web mail.

We would need to verify the non AT&T e-mail address that you have added by sending a verification mail to poston@company.com. Hence, it is necessary that you have the access to the inbox of poston@company.com  (using a different account). If yes, then please refer to the following steps on how to send the verification mail.

AT&T Yahoo! Mail Account Verification Steps

1. Please sign in to your AT&T Yahoo! mail from the link att.yahoo.com/mail

2. Click Options in the upper-right corner of the page.

3. Click on Mail / More options.

4. In the menu on the left side, click on Accounts.

5. Click Add Account.

6. In the Account Name field, enter a name for your own reference (e.g., Work, School, My Domain, etc.)

7. Type in a name for outgoing email in the Your 'From' Name field (this is the name the person receiving email will see).

8. In the Email address field, enter the non AT&T e-mail address you would like to send mail from.(You'll be asked to verify this other address in an email we will send to this account.)

9. Click Save Changes.

10. You will now be prompted to verify the email address that you have just entered. Click the Close button, then check the inbox of the email address you are verifying. Once that verification message is received, click the link as instructed.

Your non AT&T  email address will be verified and can be used for sending emails through AT&T Yahoo! Web Mail or your email software.

For further assistance and if you are located in the one of the following states AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI, please contact e-Chat support from the web link provided below
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Need help setting up a email account under more option

2 of 4 (830 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2011 8:19:02 AM
(0)
Contributor

I did this with a gmail account to test and sent email to a couple of people they never receive the email.

Tried it with my own domain testing not working.

I did this with a gmail account to test and sent email to a couple of people they never receive the email.

Tried it with my own domain testing not working.

3 of 4 (795 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2011 2:33:36 PM
(0)
Employee

Thank you for trying out the steps. We appreciate your patience and effort in trying to resolve the issue.

Since you have tried all the relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, I would request you to contact AT&T Technical support at 1-877-722-3755 ( toll free number) open 24/7.

We look forward to speaking with you to resolve this issue.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Thank you for trying out the steps. We appreciate your patience and effort in trying to resolve the issue.

Since you have tried all the relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, I would request you to contact AT&T Technical support at 1-877-722-3755 ( toll free number) open 24/7.

We look forward to speaking with you to resolve this issue.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (778 Views)