NO DSL IN MY SMALL TOWN 'CAUSE THE "INTERNET GUY" HERE WON'T LET ATT WIRE IT?????

Highlighted
Contributor

NO DSL IN MY SMALL TOWN 'CAUSE THE "INTERNET GUY" HERE WON'T LET ATT WIRE IT?????

I live in a very small town that's part of Frazier Park.  It's called Pine Mountain Club, CA, but it's still technically Frazier Park, CA.  There are about 2000 people in PMC and I know that ATT has wired everything from Frazier Park (the town) all the way up Frazier Mountain Road to what we call "the Y" (this is the fork in the road where you turn right onto Mil Potrero Hwy to get to Pine Mountain Club (about 7 miles).

So a neighbor of mine used to work at the Screaming Squirrel restaurant up here and she told me she waited on an ATT technician one day early in 2010 and they were talking about the internet being to expensive and slow up here.  There is basically one guy who monopolizes the internet here and he's ripping us off at $55 per month with a $175 set up fee.  This is for 768 kilobits per second download speed and up to 384k upload speed point to point T1 connection.  I've been grateful to have this service while there was no other any better, BUT hearing that ATT had to stop wiring Frazier Park at the "Y" because Frazier Mountain Internet Service www.frazmtn.com (*personal information removed for safety*) WON'T ALLOW it made me kind of angry. 

I work from home for a software company out of Valencia as a technical writer and graphic artist and have been using Fraz. Mtn. Internet for almost 2 years.  Last month I got a "friendly reminder" saying that I had used 7.3 GB of my 10GB monthly allowance... I didn't realize I had one, but he says it's in the "fine print".  My work got me a MAC so I downloaded Adobe CS5 at a pricey 5GB cost, then I uploaded several very large high res documents (many were 250MB each) .   So today, I just got my September 2010 bill and they've added $54 to my already excessive $55 monthly charge... a total of $109 for ONE MONTH OF SERVICE.  Apparently, he charges $10 per GB over the 10GB allowance and I had a total of 15.4GB usage for September.

PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET ATT UP HERE TO PINE MOUNTAIN CLUB, CA 93222-93225  A.S.A.P.  I CAN CONFIDENTLY SAY THIS IS THE MAJORITY CONSENSUS OF THE TOWN (all except the ones who don't know how to use a computer (i.e. the "old" people here) and any of his rich friends that can afford these ridiculous bills).

Thank you,
Christina *personal information removed for safety*

Message 1 of 2 (818 Views)
Employee

Re: NO DSL IN MY SMALL TOWN 'CAUSE THE "INTERNET GUY" HERE WON'T LET ATT WIRE IT?????

Hello StoliCat,

In order to qualify for AT&T High Speed Internet, your location must meet certain conditions. DSL service must be available in your central office and you must be less than approximately three miles from your central office, or live in a neighborhood where a DSL Gateway has been installed. You must also have a telephone line qualified to carry the DSL signal. Approximately 60% - 65% of customers out of each central office will qualify for the service.

Check to see if AT&T High Speed Internet is available  in your area. If the services are available in your area you can order it online or you can speak to our sales department at 800-288-2020 between 8am to 6pm Monday through Friday, they will help you to order the DSL services.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (818 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.