Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jun 1, 2012
4:49:21 AM
My email contacts have been hijacked

All of the people in my address book are receiving junk email from my email address,how do I stop this from happening?

All of the people in my address book are receiving junk email from my email address,how do I stop this from happening?

My email contacts have been hijacked

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2012 12:13:27 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Welcome markeymark and thank you for posting.  I'm sorry to hear about the email trouble.  The how to protect against phishing section has information that should help.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Welcome markeymark and thank you for posting.  I'm sorry to hear about the email trouble.  The how to protect against phishing section has information that should help.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: My email contacts have been hijacked

2 of 3 (285 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2012 4:18:59 PM
(0)
Master

markeymark wrote:

Other than changing your email address, you can inform your contacts that your email will have a keyword in the subject line like "nospam" and that they should delete the junk mail without opening or previewing it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

markeymark wrote:

Other than changing your email address, you can inform your contacts that your email will have a keyword in the subject line like "nospam" and that they should delete the junk mail without opening or previewing it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: My email contacts have been hijacked

3 of 3 (250 Views)