My Internet isn't working

Mentor

My Internet isn't working

HI, i have been an AT&T customer for over two years now, and although their phone service has been satisfactory, i have been dealing with some issues with the internet service. I have been calling their "customer support" but i get the same instructions every single time, go reset your modem. I have two modems and whichever one i try to use, neither of them works. I am currently connected to my neighbor's wifi connection to try to get help. IF anyone has any suggestions please do tell. 

P.S. im pretty close to switching to comcast.

Message 1 of 3
Tutor

Re: My Internet isn't working

I'm in the same boat. I've been a Bellsouth/AT&T DSL customer for about 7-8 years. In the last six months I've had more DSL outages (~ 8-12) than all the previous years combined. It's out again today (I'm also "borrowing" a neighbor's WiFi via Comcast) and I hear the same story from Customer Service (reset modem, can't complete test to my modem, Engineering closed on Sunday, etc.). I'm losing patience with AT&T as well. For $42.95/mo I expect a heck of a lot better than this.
Message 2 of 3
Mentor

Re: My Internet isn't working

Hi George,
When you say that neither modem works, what are the symptoms? Does the DSL light flash?
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support