Please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience this has caused you. The root cause of receiving multiple emails is a potential e-mail client or network issue. In your post there was no clear description if you are using Webmail or an Email Client ( Outlook Express,Office Outlook, Windows Mail, etc.). Please refer to the steps below to resolve the issue.
To resolve recieving multiple copies of the same email choose one of the following e-mail retrieval methods:
When receiving multiple copies of the same e-mail message utilizing Webmail:
1. Contact the e-mail sender and confirm that multiple copies of the same e-mail are not being sent.
2. Check forwarding rules to make sure copies are not being forwarded from additional email boxes.
3. Confirm the issue can be duplicated.
4. When the issue can be duplicated, please call AT&T Technical Support to investigate potential issues within the AT&T Mail Network.
When receiving multiple copies of the same e-mail message utilizing an e-mail client:
NOTE: This method assumes that the option leave a copy on the server is enabled in the e-mail client.
2. Confirm that there are multiple copies of the e-mail message in Webmail.
3. When there are multiple copies of the e-mail message in Webmail, escalate to AT&T Technical Support to investigate potential issues within the AT&T Mail Network.
4. When there are not multiple copies of the e-mail message in Webmail, then there is an issue with the e-mail client.
5. The e-mail client is downloading the e-mail multiple times. Select to NOT leave copies of e-mail messages on the mail server to correct this issue.
6. If this corrects the issue but this option is not wanted, the e-mail client manufactuer will need to provide further assistance to stop the multiple download.
NOTE: In cases where this doesn't resolve the multiple downloads, check the client for duplicate account setup for the same email address.
Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply in this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.
Thank you for choosing AT&T Internet Services where we value your Business.
Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you caneven mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!!