Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Dec 31, 2011
5:41:27 PM
View profile
Motorola Netopia 2210-02 (Fail)
So the modem I bought from att died a terrible death about a month or so ago.. Ad I remembered when helping my neighbors with their computer that they had the exact same modem, but, did not need it because they have fancy uverse setup. So I got that one from them and around the 23rd of December my internet has been dropping in/out like I was on dial-up, I'm not I have att naked dsl. So I'm looking into getting another modem except I'm not interested in paying a seventy-five or a hundred dollars for a modem. I'm wanting to know what you folks use and what you recommend, if you plan on recommending an att modem don't--I'm not interested.
So the modem I bought from att died a terrible death about a month or so ago.. Ad I remembered when helping my neighbors with their computer that they had the exact same modem, but, did not need it because they have fancy uverse setup. So I got that one from them and around the 23rd of December my internet has been dropping in/out like I was on dial-up, I'm not I have att naked dsl. So I'm looking into getting another modem except I'm not interested in paying a seventy-five or a hundred dollars for a modem. I'm wanting to know what you folks use and what you recommend, if you plan on recommending an att modem don't--I'm not interested.

Motorola Netopia 2210-02 (Fail)

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2012 5:02:13 AM
(0)
Professor

Gey yourself a Actiontec GT701D I got one and love it  The Motorola 2210 is junk

Gey yourself a Actiontec GT701D I got one and love it  The Motorola 2210 is junk

Re: Motorola Netopia 2210-02 (Fail)

2 of 5 (1,589 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2012 4:08:31 AM
(0)
Contributor

If you buy a modem from an outside source, do you need any special set up disc or anything?

I have had the dreaded 2210 for a while and it keeps disconnecting internet on me when we go any length of time without using one of our computers.    I am assuming this is due to the noted over heat that many have experienced.  Mine gets quite hot, so I set it on top of an overturned drinking glass to act as a homemade heat sink.  it has worked in the past, but now seems to shut off whenever we don't use the internet for a time.

Smiley Mad

If you buy a modem from an outside source, do you need any special set up disc or anything?

I have had the dreaded 2210 for a while and it keeps disconnecting internet on me when we go any length of time without using one of our computers.    I am assuming this is due to the noted over heat that many have experienced.  Mine gets quite hot, so I set it on top of an overturned drinking glass to act as a homemade heat sink.  it has worked in the past, but now seems to shut off whenever we don't use the internet for a time.

Smiley Mad

3 of 5 (1,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2012 4:14:31 AM
(0)
Professor

This set up was so simple I could not believe it From the set up menu I choose automatic sat back and in 4 minutes it asked for my user name and password  and the next screen said congratulations you are on the internet. Absolutely nothing like the setup with the 2210 which was a nightmare  connection boasts a simple set up

This set up was so simple I could not believe it From the set up menu I choose automatic sat back and in 4 minutes it asked for my user name and password  and the next screen said congratulations you are on the internet. Absolutely nothing like the setup with the 2210 which was a nightmare  connection boasts a simple set up

4 of 5 (1,561 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2012 4:22:02 AM
(0)
Professor

5 of 5 (1,559 Views)
Advanced