Motorola Netopia 2210-02 (Fail)

Highlighted
Contributor

Motorola Netopia 2210-02 (Fail)

So the modem I bought from att died a terrible death about a month or so ago.. Ad I remembered when helping my neighbors with their computer that they had the exact same modem, but, did not need it because they have fancy uverse setup. So I got that one from them and around the 23rd of December my internet has been dropping in/out like I was on dial-up, I'm not I have att naked dsl. So I'm looking into getting another modem except I'm not interested in paying a seventy-five or a hundred dollars for a modem. I'm wanting to know what you folks use and what you recommend, if you plan on recommending an att modem don't--I'm not interested.
Message 1 of 5
Professor

Re: Motorola Netopia 2210-02 (Fail)

Gey yourself a Actiontec GT701D I got one and love it  The Motorola 2210 is junk

Message 2 of 5
Contributor

If you buy a modem from an outside source, do you need any special set up disc or anything?

I have had the dreaded 2210 for a while and it keeps disconnecting internet on me when we go any length of time without using one of our computers.    I am assuming this is due to the noted over heat that many have experienced.  Mine gets quite hot, so I set it on top of an overturned drinking glass to act as a homemade heat sink.  it has worked in the past, but now seems to shut off whenever we don't use the internet for a time.

Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 5
Professor

This set up was so simple I could not believe it From the set up menu I choose automatic sat back and in 4 minutes it asked for my user name and password  and the next screen said congratulations you are on the internet. Absolutely nothing like the setup with the 2210 which was a nightmare  connection boasts a simple set up

Message 4 of 5
Professor

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support