Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jun 20, 2010
2:49:37 PM
View profile
Motorola Modem 2210-02-1002 (grey) Software Ver # ?

Hello Forum

Modem in service 2 years...with same issue.  Not a major issue...just an annoynace.

Was wondering how/where may I locate if  my software ver is current....I've been told in the past...if newer version of software is ever available.   I would receive notice.  No notice so maybe no newer version of software...or, I missed the notice.  So, just to double check where may I locate what is current software ver for Motorola 2210-02-1002 (grey) SW region.

Issue from day 1 for general info has been any pw loss and Smart Keep Alive drops to lowest priority Connect On Demand (20 min).   Even though Modem page still displays Smart Keep Alive...modem acts as Connect On Demand (20 min).  Have to force into Smart Keep Alive by changing to Connect On Demand or Always Try To Connect and Save & then change to Smart Keep Alive and Save.  I've given up playing the game and settled for Always Try To Connect.  Also extended Lease Time to 7 days.

So, long story - short....what's the most newest software ver for my Motorola. 

Thanks

Hello Forum

Modem in service 2 years...with same issue.  Not a major issue...just an annoynace.

Was wondering how/where may I locate if  my software ver is current....I've been told in the past...if newer version of software is ever available.   I would receive notice.  No notice so maybe no newer version of software...or, I missed the notice.  So, just to double check where may I locate what is current software ver for Motorola 2210-02-1002 (grey) SW region.

Issue from day 1 for general info has been any pw loss and Smart Keep Alive drops to lowest priority Connect On Demand (20 min).   Even though Modem page still displays Smart Keep Alive...modem acts as Connect On Demand (20 min).  Have to force into Smart Keep Alive by changing to Connect On Demand or Always Try To Connect and Save & then change to Smart Keep Alive and Save.  I've given up playing the game and settled for Always Try To Connect.  Also extended Lease Time to 7 days.

So, long story - short....what's the most newest software ver for my Motorola. 

Thanks

Motorola Modem 2210-02-1002 (grey) Software Ver # ?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 6:07:18 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello bjm_,

In order to find out the Motorola modem version, please follow these steps mentioned below:

1.Please open Motorola GUI through the link mentioned below or by putting this address in the address bar of you browser window.

http://192.168.1.254

2. Click on the Advanced tab on the left hand side of this page.

3. You might be prompted for the Modem Access Code. It will be a 10-digit number given at the back of the modem.

4. Click on the Update Modem option.

There you can find the current software version of your modem. If it is not the updated one, you can call on Motorola Support at 510-597-5400 and they will help you update the firmware.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello bjm_,

In order to find out the Motorola modem version, please follow these steps mentioned below:

1.Please open Motorola GUI through the link mentioned below or by putting this address in the address bar of you browser window.

http://192.168.1.254

2. Click on the Advanced tab on the left hand side of this page.

3. You might be prompted for the Modem Access Code. It will be a 10-digit number given at the back of the modem.

4. Click on the Update Modem option.

There you can find the current software version of your modem. If it is not the updated one, you can call on Motorola Support at 510-597-5400 and they will help you update the firmware.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Motorola Modem 2210-02-1002 (grey) Software Ver # ?

2 of 8 (5,797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 8:25:05 AM
(0)
Tutor

Good day Penny

My Motorola Modem is ISP supported as it was acquired directly from AT&T SW Region.   Why would I go to Motorola for equipment supposed to be supported by my ISP.  Has AT&T stopped supporting the products directly marketed.  I am familiar with my Modem interface ... I know the software version....surley AT&T support for SW Region should be able to advise me as to current ver of software for the Modem AT&T sold me. 

If AT&T has changed their Support policy.....I was never notified.  

I may be confused as to the purpose of AT&T Internet Community....maybe the Community is not reqion specific.    IDK

Funny, I contacted Motorola 2 years ago re the Smart Keep Alive dropping to lowest priority and was advised my equipment is ISP Supported.   Not Motorola supported.  AT&T swapped the Modem and as issue remained...AT&T offered no remedy. 

So, when I discovered the Community,,,,I hoped for a modicum of help :-(

Good day Penny

My Motorola Modem is ISP supported as it was acquired directly from AT&T SW Region.   Why would I go to Motorola for equipment supposed to be supported by my ISP.  Has AT&T stopped supporting the products directly marketed.  I am familiar with my Modem interface ... I know the software version....surley AT&T support for SW Region should be able to advise me as to current ver of software for the Modem AT&T sold me. 

If AT&T has changed their Support policy.....I was never notified.  

I may be confused as to the purpose of AT&T Internet Community....maybe the Community is not reqion specific.    IDK

Funny, I contacted Motorola 2 years ago re the Smart Keep Alive dropping to lowest priority and was advised my equipment is ISP Supported.   Not Motorola supported.  AT&T swapped the Modem and as issue remained...AT&T offered no remedy. 

So, when I discovered the Community,,,,I hoped for a modicum of help :-(

3 of 8 (5,797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2010 8:37:18 AM
(0)
Employee
Hello bjm_,

I would like to tell you that AT&T is still responsible for the modem that you have received from our side. We will continue to offer you support for it. It is just that the firmware upgrade is taken care off by the manufacturer. Incase you are unable to contact Motorola for updating the firmware, I request please call AT&T Technical voice help desk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7) and speak with our Level 2 support. They will help you and provide you the relevant information regarding your issue.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Hello bjm_,

I would like to tell you that AT&T is still responsible for the modem that you have received from our side. We will continue to offer you support for it. It is just that the firmware upgrade is taken care off by the manufacturer. Incase you are unable to contact Motorola for updating the firmware, I request please call AT&T Technical voice help desk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7) and speak with our Level 2 support. They will help you and provide you the relevant information regarding your issue.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 8 (5,797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2010 2:07:42 PM
(0)
Tutor

I wrote a nice reply and hit spell check and lost my message....

Amyaji chezu tinbade

I wrote a nice reply and hit spell check and lost my message....

Amyaji chezu tinbade

5 of 8 (5,797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2010 8:23:37 AM
(0)
Contributor

The number provided for motorola modem support has been disconnected.   Do you have further information.

The number provided for motorola modem support has been disconnected.   Do you have further information.

6 of 8 (5,797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2010 9:43:10 AM
(0)
Tutor

Hello rburguiere
If you're asking me bjm_

I called AT&T Lv2 Support and was advised for my modem...if there was a firmware update I would receive a notification popup at the modem interface home page.   As I am not having any issues and have not received a update notice.  Then I will leave well enough alone.  Support advised updates via the notification are auto installs with click.  Manual updates (updates initiated by the user absent a notice) have problems...sometimes non reversable.  The user would then have to purchase a new modem. 

Hope this helps..reply back as required.

bjm_

---------------------------------------------------------

If you're asking Penny - DSL Expert .... ?

I guess try the AT&T Support tel. # ... Lv2 Support or wait to hear from Penny - DSL Expert

Cheers

Hello rburguiere
If you're asking me bjm_

I called AT&T Lv2 Support and was advised for my modem...if there was a firmware update I would receive a notification popup at the modem interface home page.   As I am not having any issues and have not received a update notice.  Then I will leave well enough alone.  Support advised updates via the notification are auto installs with click.  Manual updates (updates initiated by the user absent a notice) have problems...sometimes non reversable.  The user would then have to purchase a new modem. 

Hope this helps..reply back as required.

bjm_

---------------------------------------------------------

If you're asking Penny - DSL Expert .... ?

I guess try the AT&T Support tel. # ... Lv2 Support or wait to hear from Penny - DSL Expert

Cheers

7 of 8 (5,797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 3:42:33 AM
(0)
Employee
Hello rburguiere,

If you are experiencing any difficulty while accessing AT&T Internet services through AT&T provided Motorola modem, it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support and troubleshoot according to their recommendation.

If you are in 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI' area, You may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent:
https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnai re_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

However, if you have purchased any Motorola modem and need to contact Motorola support please call at 1-800-722-6234.

Hello rburguiere,

If you are experiencing any difficulty while accessing AT&T Internet services through AT&T provided Motorola modem, it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support and troubleshoot according to their recommendation.

If you are in 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI' area, You may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent:
https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnai re_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

However, if you have purchased any Motorola modem and need to contact Motorola support please call at 1-800-722-6234.

8 of 8 (5,797 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments