Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Dec 15, 2010
7:16:35 PM
View profile
Modem reset

Why do I have to unplug and reset my modem everyday? The red light is lit every morning and afternoon.

I am sick of this.

Why do I have to unplug and reset my modem everyday? The red light is lit every morning and afternoon.

I am sick of this.

Modem reset

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2010 1:59:52 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello Bruce Baird ,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us about this issue through the forums and please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

There are various reasons why you have to reset or reboot your modem to get connected. I would also want to know the brand of your modem and which light would turn red.

It may be a line issue causing the modem to have a red light on DSL.

This

would indicate that your modem is not receiving a steady DSL signal from the central office causing a bad connection.

Please access this link to help you check and do basic troubleshooting for connectivity problems.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401525

Getting a red light on power would indicate a modem problem. In this case the modem has to be replaced.

Red internet light means that you have an incorrect username and password on the modem.

It would be best that you also contact us over the phone so we can properly diagnose what is the cause for you intermitent connection. By doing so, we will be able to run line tests and call our line technicians whenever it's needed. If not, then we can send out a technician depending on the test results.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

For quick answers, make the new AT&T Help site your first stop. Visit http://www.att.com/esupport/ where you'll find pages of product information to assist you.

Thank you for choosing AT&T where we value your Business.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello Bruce Baird ,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us about this issue through the forums and please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

There are various reasons why you have to reset or reboot your modem to get connected. I would also want to know the brand of your modem and which light would turn red.

It may be a line issue causing the modem to have a red light on DSL.

This

would indicate that your modem is not receiving a steady DSL signal from the central office causing a bad connection.

Please access this link to help you check and do basic troubleshooting for connectivity problems.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401525

Getting a red light on power would indicate a modem problem. In this case the modem has to be replaced.

Red internet light means that you have an incorrect username and password on the modem.

It would be best that you also contact us over the phone so we can properly diagnose what is the cause for you intermitent connection. By doing so, we will be able to run line tests and call our line technicians whenever it's needed. If not, then we can send out a technician depending on the test results.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

For quick answers, make the new AT&T Help site your first stop. Visit http://www.att.com/esupport/ where you'll find pages of product information to assist you.

Thank you for choosing AT&T where we value your Business.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Re: Modem reset

2 of 2 (5,186 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments