Messages saved on the server

Contributor

Messages saved on the server

My email and my wife's both had the box checked in our email to save it on the server.

Now we got a new computer and when I set up my email account, it is now downloading everything that is on the server.  This has been going on for about 12 hrs; and I have had my account with you for a couple of years.  Is there any way to make it all go away?  and my wife's also, so we can transfer her account to the new computer?

Thanks for your help

Message 1 of 2 (146 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Messages saved on the server

Welcome dannydas.  If you've always used the option to "leave copy on server", this means that a copy of all email was saved on the server.  When you setup a new computer and configure the email client to use your existing AT&T email account, it's going to sync with all of the email on the sever.  If you've had the email account for several years, depending on the speed of your internet connection, it may take some time to download. 

As an alternative, you can manage your AT&T email via the webmail site and delete any unwanted email from the server before you try to sync again. For additional information on how to configure an email client for use with AT&T email, please see here.

Regards,

Alex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help others find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".
Message 2 of 2 (120 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.