Maximum Upload Speed Not Fast Enough

Contributor

Maximum Upload Speed Not Fast Enough

I realize this is probably a dead end posting this here, but why does AT&T think fast download speed is the only thing a DSL system needs?  With services like Carbonite, photo and video websites, etc.; a fast upload speed has become nearly as important as a fast download speed.

The upload speed for residential ADSL service maxes out at 768Kbs.  I'm averaging around 600 according to the AT&T speed check. I have video files on a drive I'm backing up to Carbonite.  It's been over a month and it's still backing up.

My plan provides a 6Mbs download speed.  If the upload speed was only half that it would be a great improvement over what it is now.  I'd switch to cable if it were an option.

I realize it's all about cost and this would require a restructuring of equipment.  Who do we need to take this to??  What do we have to do to get AT&T off the dime and bump it up to a quarter??

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 3
Teacher

Re: Maximum Upload Speed Not Fast Enough

My DSL upload speed was about 1/10th of my download speed. With U-verse its now running about 1/5th of my download speed. The really good news is that my download speed is over 2x what it was with DSL. The slow DSL upload speed was a major reason I updated to U-verse.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Maximum Upload Speed Not Fast Enough

Unfortunately I don't have access to U-verse, or cable Internet.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Do you have questions about Internet and Email Security? Have them answered on Wednesday, April 26th at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Hack Attack!

Additional Support