Malicious e-mail received

Contributor

Malicious e-mail received

I received a suspicious e-mail complete with the ATT logo requiring me to verify my personal information or risk having my account being closed for some technical reason.  It was obvious that they were fishing for my info but there is NOWHERE to report it to ATT!  "CONTACT US" !!  Ya, sure.  There is no way to report it in this day of identity theft!

Message 1 of 6 (553 Views)
Contributor

Re: Malicious e-mail received

[ Edited ]

I've also recieved an e-mail that appears to be phishing.  I have spent the last 30 minutes looing for somewhere to report it.  I finaly found this post and had to register to state this.

Please be aware of this.

From: Mail Center {Personal content removed for your safety}

To: Undisclosed recipients

Subject: Warning

Email contains large AT&T logo

Dear Valued Member

Due to the congestion in all our  users and removal of all unused  Accounts,  We would be shutting down all unused Emails. You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Log in Information below after clicking the reply button

* Login I.D: ......................................
* Password: .....................................
* Birth date:.......................................

After following the instructions in the sheet, your mail will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Thank you
{Personal content removed for your safety}

Message 2 of 6 (518 Views)
Contributor

I received the same message, about a dozen times over the past couple of weeks, and have had the same frustrating experience trying to figure out how to report this.  There is no "contact us" option for reporting concerns, so I ended up here.  Is there any "official" word forthcoming from AT&T about what appears to be a widespread phishing scheme?

Message 3 of 6 (480 Views)
Expert

abuse@att.net

More details on this page.

ATT will never ask for personal info or passwords, so just delete these types of emails.

Message 4 of 6 (452 Views)
Contributor

I, too, have received numerous phishing attempt e-mails over the past few weeks, as outlined below; all messages come from different e-mail addresses: 

AT&T has discovered series of illegal attempts on your Account from a bad IP Location and will shut your account as it has been flagged as a spam account. You are to fill the form below by clicking on the reply-to button on your page, Filling the Correct Information Carefully and Send to att.net Mail Alert Center:

Full Name:
User Name:
Password:
Date Of Birth:

This is for your own safety to avoid account termination. Our automated server will keep your details on file as upgraded for the continue using of our service.After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.

Warning!!! Account owner that fails to verify his/her account after two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconvenience..

Sincerely,

Message 5 of 6 (415 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Most are from areas outside the USA, which makes it practically impossible to stop.  Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 6 (404 Views)