Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Sep 23, 2010
8:24:50 AM
View profile
Mail in Inbox suddenly moving to Trash folder

Hello and thanks in advance for any help. Mail in my Inbox is moving to the Trash folder automatically. This started 3 days ago. It doesn't matter if it has been read or not, all the email just moves to Trash. How to stop this from happening?

Thanks again!

Hello and thanks in advance for any help. Mail in my Inbox is moving to the Trash folder automatically. This started 3 days ago. It doesn't matter if it has been read or not, all the email just moves to Trash. How to stop this from happening?

Thanks again!

Mail in Inbox suddenly moving to Trash folder

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2010 9:55:02 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello ac3129 ,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us about this issue through the forums and please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

I would want to know if you are using the web-based email or any email clients . And also if it applies to all your emails from different senders .

You may also want to check if there are filters  added to your Mail settings . Yahoo Mail Plus' filters automatically sort incoming messages into folders you want, so you don't need to read through each message to decide where it goes. Filters function according to rules you set up.

For example, you could create a filter to automatically deliver messages from your family members to a folder called "Family" .  There may be a filter that was added to your settings to move the emails automatically to "Trash" .

To check on that, you click "Options" in the upper right corner of your page and select "More Options" . From there, you select Filters at the left side . Please check if there are filters added there . If  you don't see any , you can contact us through phone so we can bring this case to our Yahoo Escalations Team .

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

For quick answers, make the new AT&T Help site your first stop. Visit http://www.att.com/esupport/ where you'll find pages of product information to assist you.

Thank you for choosing At&t where we value your Business.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello ac3129 ,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us about this issue through the forums and please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

I would want to know if you are using the web-based email or any email clients . And also if it applies to all your emails from different senders .

You may also want to check if there are filters  added to your Mail settings . Yahoo Mail Plus' filters automatically sort incoming messages into folders you want, so you don't need to read through each message to decide where it goes. Filters function according to rules you set up.

For example, you could create a filter to automatically deliver messages from your family members to a folder called "Family" .  There may be a filter that was added to your settings to move the emails automatically to "Trash" .

To check on that, you click "Options" in the upper right corner of your page and select "More Options" . From there, you select Filters at the left side . Please check if there are filters added there . If  you don't see any , you can contact us through phone so we can bring this case to our Yahoo Escalations Team .

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

For quick answers, make the new AT&T Help site your first stop. Visit http://www.att.com/esupport/ where you'll find pages of product information to assist you.

Thank you for choosing At&t where we value your Business.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Re: Mail in Inbox suddenly moving to Trash folder

2 of 6 (14,326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2010 11:08:44 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks Pamelaz - I am using the web-based mail and I currently have only 1 filter in place (from my bank) to

move incoming mail from them to a specific folder. I tried the quick answers from ATT support site, but they

had nothing pertaining to this issue.

Thanks Pamelaz - I am using the web-based mail and I currently have only 1 filter in place (from my bank) to

move incoming mail from them to a specific folder. I tried the quick answers from ATT support site, but they

had nothing pertaining to this issue.

3 of 6 (14,326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2010 12:51:39 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello ac3129 ,

Thank you for replying in this thread.

If that is the only email filter that you have, then the problem may be on the server .

Please contact us over the phone so we can have this escalated to our Yahoo Escalations team. Please call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

Thank you for choosing AT&T where we value your Business.

Hello ac3129 ,

Thank you for replying in this thread.

If that is the only email filter that you have, then the problem may be on the server .

Please contact us over the phone so we can have this escalated to our Yahoo Escalations team. Please call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

Thank you for choosing AT&T where we value your Business.

4 of 6 (14,326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2011 5:44:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

Pamelaz,

I have been trying to get help with the issue of emails going into the trash folderon the Yahoo/ATT site.  I know this is an old posting of yours, but it just statred happening to my att/yahoo account.  As you know, they are charging a fee for email support and even though it seems to be a Yahoo server setup, ATT and Yahoo will not provide support.  I am wondering why ATT and Yahoo don't simply post this change on their site or at least have their phone reps tell you.  The many blogs I have read do not know what is going on or why.  One person said they talked to a Yahoo rep who explained it.  Do you know why ATT will not support email questions anymore? We are paying for the service.

Thanks for your time with this and if you know a way to stop the incoming emails from going to the trash folder please share it with us.  Sorb

Pamelaz,

I have been trying to get help with the issue of emails going into the trash folderon the Yahoo/ATT site.  I know this is an old posting of yours, but it just statred happening to my att/yahoo account.  As you know, they are charging a fee for email support and even though it seems to be a Yahoo server setup, ATT and Yahoo will not provide support.  I am wondering why ATT and Yahoo don't simply post this change on their site or at least have their phone reps tell you.  The many blogs I have read do not know what is going on or why.  One person said they talked to a Yahoo rep who explained it.  Do you know why ATT will not support email questions anymore? We are paying for the service.

Thanks for your time with this and if you know a way to stop the incoming emails from going to the trash folder please share it with us.  Sorb

5 of 6 (13,326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2011 5:56:50 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. If you still have questions, please start a new topic.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. If you still have questions, please start a new topic.

6 of 6 (13,322 Views)