Losing Internet, Vista, Wireless

Contributor

Losing Internet, Vista, Wireless

I did a search and haven't seen this exact problem.  I just had DSL installed about two weeks ago and have been having a problem from the outset.  I have three laptops, all in the same room, all connected wirelessly.  One with XP, One with W7 and one with Vista.  I'm only having problems with the Vista laptop. 

Intermittently, it will lose the internet.  Sometimes days between the problem and sometimes minutes.  The other two machines are not affected at all.  When I go into Network sharing, It shows that I am connected to the network but there is a break to the internet.  To restore service, I do the diagnose and repair routine and it usually starts working again.  

To me, it seems that it must be a problem with that laptop, since the others aren't affected. I just don't know what to look at.  It worked fine with my previous service and router.  Any suggestions as to what I can troubleshoot? 

Message 1 of 2 (179 Views)
Employee

Re: Losing Internet, Vista, Wireless

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing and would be glad to fix the issue for you.

From the information that you have provided, we would strongly recommend that you contact our technical support at 1-877-722-3755 (toll free), open 24/7 because it requires multiple troubleshooting steps. They have the required tools and expertise to assist you better.

We look forward to speaking with you to resolve this issue.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (138 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.