Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted May 2, 2010
6:46:01 AM
Live Chat problems + Customer Service

Trying to log onto the Live Chat since I rarely have the time to call AT&T while I'm at work, but just like your customer service, it fails. I'm seriously getting fed up with this.

I know its not my PC. Its re-routing to the support page every time I try to log on. Is AT&T just falling apart? Do you guys even give two cents care about your customers or do you just retain some of the, and treat the rest like garbage so you can keep your name up?  If it wasn't for your phones, most likely I'd think you'd have went bankrupt by now.

I have a "supposed" order for Monday which I made with a very nice agent. However, upon telling me she'd call me back within the hour about the details she was setting up, I never received a call..THE WHOLE DAY. I called back every day as per my agents request to attempt a closer date. Sure enough, I get told on saturday that "There seems to be a problem with your order". However, the person I spoke with could neither tell me the problem nor could they explain it. They kept telling me "Call this, call this" on Monday. Well you know what? I'm not waiting till Monday for you guys to screw up my order like you did when I first got the service in the first place.

I called in when I first purchased and ordered AT&T Service a year or so ago. Two days later it was supposed to arrive. Four days later, I'm told it'll arrive in two more days. This is inappropriate customer service. Your website has flaws that make it seem like you're avoiding contact unless its via phone and automated system. Your -email us- option has been removed for tech support (Not that you'd reply anyway). Your chat re-routes to support pages when its designed for a live person. Your agents are very unhelpful and seem like deer caught in headlights. They just don't know what they're doing.

So instead of giving the copy&paste response you AT&T Forum guys always do, how about telling me why the Customer Service team is so unresponsive, uncaring, irresponsible, and for lack of a better word, moronic? Also..why don't you tell me how I can access the Live Chat so I don't end up ripping my hair out, canceling my order, and making marks about your company to the appropriate people?

Trying to log onto the Live Chat since I rarely have the time to call AT&T while I'm at work, but just like your customer service, it fails. I'm seriously getting fed up with this.

I know its not my PC. Its re-routing to the support page every time I try to log on. Is AT&T just falling apart? Do you guys even give two cents care about your customers or do you just retain some of the, and treat the rest like garbage so you can keep your name up?  If it wasn't for your phones, most likely I'd think you'd have went bankrupt by now.

I have a "supposed" order for Monday which I made with a very nice agent. However, upon telling me she'd call me back within the hour about the details she was setting up, I never received a call..THE WHOLE DAY. I called back every day as per my agents request to attempt a closer date. Sure enough, I get told on saturday that "There seems to be a problem with your order". However, the person I spoke with could neither tell me the problem nor could they explain it. They kept telling me "Call this, call this" on Monday. Well you know what? I'm not waiting till Monday for you guys to screw up my order like you did when I first got the service in the first place.

I called in when I first purchased and ordered AT&T Service a year or so ago. Two days later it was supposed to arrive. Four days later, I'm told it'll arrive in two more days. This is inappropriate customer service. Your website has flaws that make it seem like you're avoiding contact unless its via phone and automated system. Your -email us- option has been removed for tech support (Not that you'd reply anyway). Your chat re-routes to support pages when its designed for a live person. Your agents are very unhelpful and seem like deer caught in headlights. They just don't know what they're doing.

So instead of giving the copy&paste response you AT&T Forum guys always do, how about telling me why the Customer Service team is so unresponsive, uncaring, irresponsible, and for lack of a better word, moronic? Also..why don't you tell me how I can access the Live Chat so I don't end up ripping my hair out, canceling my order, and making marks about your company to the appropriate people?

Live Chat problems + Customer Service

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2010 10:40:43 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello jd092401,

I'm sorry to hear about that problem. The only way to one of our Chat agents is through the help site, so that is why it keeps taking you there. Please go to the help site and look for the "Chat with AT&T" link on the right under Additional Support.

Kindly take note though that it might ask you to input some information, regarding the State where you are located so that you may be routed to an agent that supports your area.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello jd092401,

I'm sorry to hear about that problem. The only way to one of our Chat agents is through the help site, so that is why it keeps taking you there. Please go to the help site and look for the "Chat with AT&T" link on the right under Additional Support.

Kindly take note though that it might ask you to input some information, regarding the State where you are located so that you may be routed to an agent that supports your area.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Re: Live Chat problems + Customer Service

2 of 9 (26,587 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2010 5:35:01 AM
(0)
Tutor

Okay Pamela..You obviously have 'no' knowledge of this website. Did you know that the Chat with AT&T link under the Esupport page works? Yeah..it does.

It works by LINKING ME BACK TO THE ESUPPORT PAGE!

It's apparent that the people at AT&T have no idea what in the heck they're doing and are completely incompetant. If your chat function actually WORKED..it'd WORK. It wouldn't route. Oh yeah sure, I can open the main page that has me put in my info, but nope! Always back to esupport after that. Oh and don't even think to tell me that it's on the bottom right hand side where Additional Support is on the Esupport page. Why? Because it ISN'T!

Frankly, I'm beginning to wonder if the people at AT&T are even qualified to handle real issues with their customers or if they're all just a bunch of low-life money hungry scam artists. I have a degree in Computer Network Technology. I know what the job is like. You know what? You guys are doing horrible. Your DSL Customer Service Reps are inept and have no prior knowledge of any calls I make, the different departments lack a sound communications setup, and lastly you people here on the forums are little to no help, Instead of concrete answers, you repeat the same things over and over again because you think we'll just go away.

Well I'm not.

Do you people even have your own minds? Do you read your answers out of a book that tells you how to respond? Tech Support is a difficult job..Thats why it iscalled -TECHNICAL- Support. As in, you need to be TECHNICAL to offer SUPPORT.

Dear AT&T. FIre all current employees and get some new ones. Because your current ones all STINK!

I'm going to comcast. Adios amigos.

Okay Pamela..You obviously have 'no' knowledge of this website. Did you know that the Chat with AT&T link under the Esupport page works? Yeah..it does.

It works by LINKING ME BACK TO THE ESUPPORT PAGE!

It's apparent that the people at AT&T have no idea what in the heck they're doing and are completely incompetant. If your chat function actually WORKED..it'd WORK. It wouldn't route. Oh yeah sure, I can open the main page that has me put in my info, but nope! Always back to esupport after that. Oh and don't even think to tell me that it's on the bottom right hand side where Additional Support is on the Esupport page. Why? Because it ISN'T!

Frankly, I'm beginning to wonder if the people at AT&T are even qualified to handle real issues with their customers or if they're all just a bunch of low-life money hungry scam artists. I have a degree in Computer Network Technology. I know what the job is like. You know what? You guys are doing horrible. Your DSL Customer Service Reps are inept and have no prior knowledge of any calls I make, the different departments lack a sound communications setup, and lastly you people here on the forums are little to no help, Instead of concrete answers, you repeat the same things over and over again because you think we'll just go away.

Well I'm not.

Do you people even have your own minds? Do you read your answers out of a book that tells you how to respond? Tech Support is a difficult job..Thats why it iscalled -TECHNICAL- Support. As in, you need to be TECHNICAL to offer SUPPORT.

Dear AT&T. FIre all current employees and get some new ones. Because your current ones all STINK!

I'm going to comcast. Adios amigos.

3 of 9 (26,587 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2010 1:45:07 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello jd092401,

I'm really sorry about how you feel about this. I really do appreciate your patience regarding this matter. Let me give a more detailed explanation on how you can get a live chat agent.

As stated before, you need to get through our help site or the esupport page before getting one of our agents. Please try these steps out.

1. Go to http://att.com/esupport
2. Choose the category of the issue that you are concerned about, e.g. Wireless Support, Internet Support, U-verse Support, etc.
3. Depending on which category you chose, you would be led to its main Support page.
4. On the right sidebar, under Additional Support, you should find the "Chat with AT&T" link there.

You will get a pop up asking for some information. Don't worry, our agents will not be able to see any additional personal information unless provided. Please make sure that your computer also has the latest Java applet update as the chat window requires it. You should be able to chat with our agents anywhere using any computer as long as you have a connection.

Hello jd092401,

I'm really sorry about how you feel about this. I really do appreciate your patience regarding this matter. Let me give a more detailed explanation on how you can get a live chat agent.

As stated before, you need to get through our help site or the esupport page before getting one of our agents. Please try these steps out.

1. Go to http://att.com/esupport
2. Choose the category of the issue that you are concerned about, e.g. Wireless Support, Internet Support, U-verse Support, etc.
3. Depending on which category you chose, you would be led to its main Support page.
4. On the right sidebar, under Additional Support, you should find the "Chat with AT&T" link there.

You will get a pop up asking for some information. Don't worry, our agents will not be able to see any additional personal information unless provided. Please make sure that your computer also has the latest Java applet update as the chat window requires it. You should be able to chat with our agents anywhere using any computer as long as you have a connection.

4 of 9 (26,587 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2010 9:24:25 PM
(0)
Former Moderator
Creating new thread as this is a new topic.

Creating new thread as this is a new topic.

5 of 9 (26,587 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2010 6:46:42 PM
(0)
Former Moderator
Moved to new thread as this is a new topic.

6 of 9 (26,587 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2010 12:32:33 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

7 of 9 (26,587 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 2:44:36 PM
(0)
Former Moderator
Moved to a new thread.

8 of 9 (23,334 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 2:45:46 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

9 of 9 (23,333 Views)