Lighning keeps killing the DSL

Contributor

Lighning keeps killing the DSL

Any time there is lighning within several miles of my house the internet goes out.  It stays out for a few seconds and comes back up but because ligtning is common it keeps going out about every 15 seconds when there is another in the area.  I can time the DC to it from the flash it takes about 2 seconds to loose connection.  It does not happen with just rain and it does not have to strike the ground.  It did not always do this.  It started about a year ago.  I have gone through calling customer service but they like haning up on me after i do the 2hrs of testing to see if it is my problem.  is there something i can do to get them to test things on there end instead of just hanging up when they find that it is not my problem?

Message 1 of 2 (241 Views)
Former Moderator

Re: Lighning keeps killing the DSL

Hi ncm247,

Please accept my most sincere apology for this inconvenience. It would be very helpful if you can provide specific information that will help us out to identify the specific problem.

We would like to know what type of modem you are using? Do you have a router connected to the modem? What happens to the power light if lightning occurs?

Is the the Ethernet, DSL, or Internet  light blinking green or red?

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread, contact AT&T eChat support or call our Technical Support Helpdesk.  You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

Thank you for choosing AT&T Internet Services where we value your business.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 2 of 2 (241 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.