Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Mar 27, 2010
9:17:10 AM
View profile
Keeping Att.net email address and emails
Hi. I am a long time at&t dial up and then dsl customer, who will lose my dsl service March 31. I received email that gave me two options -- convert back to dial up, or convert to covad. Since I can get DSL from Verizon for less than from Covad, neither of those options makes much sense. But ... I want to keep my att.net email addresses (I have 6). I waited 90 minutes today to talk to a rep, who told me I could either go to www.att.net/795 to keep my email addresses for $7.95 per month, or go to www.att.net/pby for free email. Both of those addresses return a 404, PAGE NOT FOUND error. After waiting 90 minutes, I couldn't understand most of what the guy said, so am hoping someone here can tell me -- if I migrate to the att email powered by yahoo, CAN I KEEP MY CURRENT EMAIL ADDRESSES, that is, the ones that end in @att.net? Or will I end up with @yahoo.com email addresses? I only want to access my email on the web, using a web browser (Mozilla, preferably). I don't want to use Outlook or anything else, I don't want to download messages. I want to keep my email addresses, and keep the messages that are currently saved in my inbox and in my folders. Will the att.net powered by yahoo do this for me, or do I need the $7.95 per month option? If I need the $7.95 per month option, how do I get it (ie, what is a working web address). I was able to find the correct web address for migrating to att.net powered by yahoo. (So apparently I have greater technical expertise than the technical expert that I waited 90 minutes to talk to.) Someone please hurry and answer me! I need to get this taken care of by 3/31.
Hi. I am a long time at&t dial up and then dsl customer, who will lose my dsl service March 31. I received email that gave me two options -- convert back to dial up, or convert to covad. Since I can get DSL from Verizon for less than from Covad, neither of those options makes much sense. But ... I want to keep my att.net email addresses (I have 6). I waited 90 minutes today to talk to a rep, who told me I could either go to www.att.net/795 to keep my email addresses for $7.95 per month, or go to www.att.net/pby for free email. Both of those addresses return a 404, PAGE NOT FOUND error. After waiting 90 minutes, I couldn't understand most of what the guy said, so am hoping someone here can tell me -- if I migrate to the att email powered by yahoo, CAN I KEEP MY CURRENT EMAIL ADDRESSES, that is, the ones that end in @att.net? Or will I end up with @yahoo.com email addresses? I only want to access my email on the web, using a web browser (Mozilla, preferably). I don't want to use Outlook or anything else, I don't want to download messages. I want to keep my email addresses, and keep the messages that are currently saved in my inbox and in my folders. Will the att.net powered by yahoo do this for me, or do I need the $7.95 per month option? If I need the $7.95 per month option, how do I get it (ie, what is a working web address). I was able to find the correct web address for migrating to att.net powered by yahoo. (So apparently I have greater technical expertise than the technical expert that I waited 90 minutes to talk to.) Someone please hurry and answer me! I need to get this taken care of by 3/31.

Keeping Att.net email address and emails

31 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(31)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2010 9:05:04 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello tj20191,

Thank you for contacting AT&T WorldNet Customer Care and please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

There are specific Help pages associated with each migration path. Dial customers with a $7.95 plan should be guided to http://help.att.net/att795.html.

In order to get information to migrate the AT&T WorldNet account to the free email services (http://att.com/pby), please, contact AT&T WorldNet Customer Care, as only they would be able to answer your query about the same.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello tj20191,

Thank you for contacting AT&T WorldNet Customer Care and please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

There are specific Help pages associated with each migration path. Dial customers with a $7.95 plan should be guided to http://help.att.net/att795.html.

In order to get information to migrate the AT&T WorldNet account to the free email services (http://att.com/pby), please, contact AT&T WorldNet Customer Care, as only they would be able to answer your query about the same.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Keeping Att.net email address and emails

2 of 32 (3,530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2010 9:42:30 AM
(0)
Contributor
Can anyone tell me what to do when I can't log in to the new site (http://www.att.net/att795 or any of the others)? It will not recognize my UID/primary email address and PW (last night it tried to lock me out.) I've sent emails to customer service (no reply), was on hold unsuccessfully for a goodly while, ATT Dialup chat support (don't really need dialup, but just the email addresses) says they can't help me because they can't access ATT Worldnet records, Worldnet chat support page link reports that the chat page has moved and doesn't function, soooo ... What to do now? This is simply insane. I, like many others on this site and elsewhere, have been with ATT for more than a decade, and it boggles the mind that they couldn't have simply made this a simple procedure (as in, if you don't respond, you'll be defaulted into the new program. I assume that they'll stop billing me if they cancel my email and won't let me migrate, right?) Anyway, anyone out there have an idea of what to do when I can't get on (log on) to migrate my account? (I can get onto the old site with no problem, I just can't choose to go with the new program from the old site-- how stupid is that! Freaking eh!)
Can anyone tell me what to do when I can't log in to the new site (http://www.att.net/att795 or any of the others)? It will not recognize my UID/primary email address and PW (last night it tried to lock me out.) I've sent emails to customer service (no reply), was on hold unsuccessfully for a goodly while, ATT Dialup chat support (don't really need dialup, but just the email addresses) says they can't help me because they can't access ATT Worldnet records, Worldnet chat support page link reports that the chat page has moved and doesn't function, soooo ... What to do now? This is simply insane. I, like many others on this site and elsewhere, have been with ATT for more than a decade, and it boggles the mind that they couldn't have simply made this a simple procedure (as in, if you don't respond, you'll be defaulted into the new program. I assume that they'll stop billing me if they cancel my email and won't let me migrate, right?) Anyway, anyone out there have an idea of what to do when I can't get on (log on) to migrate my account? (I can get onto the old site with no problem, I just can't choose to go with the new program from the old site-- how stupid is that! Freaking eh!)

3 of 32 (3,530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2010 3:26:15 PM
(0)
Employee
Hello bertcooper,

Please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

If you are unable to sign in with your AT&T WorldNet account to migrate the services, it is recommended that you immediately contact AT&T worldNet Customer Care at 800-400-1447.

They would be able to reset the password of your AT&T WorldNet account. After resetting the password of your AT&T WorldNet account, you need to try to complete the migration process as today (31st March 2010) is the last day to migrate your AT&T WorldNet account to AT&T DSL/DIAL account.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Hello bertcooper,

Please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

If you are unable to sign in with your AT&T WorldNet account to migrate the services, it is recommended that you immediately contact AT&T worldNet Customer Care at 800-400-1447.

They would be able to reset the password of your AT&T WorldNet account. After resetting the password of your AT&T WorldNet account, you need to try to complete the migration process as today (31st March 2010) is the last day to migrate your AT&T WorldNet account to AT&T DSL/DIAL account.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 32 (3,530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2010 3:47:12 PM
(0)
Contributor
Dear Penny, It apparently took a while for the password file to propagate (~20 hrs.) I think I've managed to transfer the primary account, now I need to move the five other email addresses, as I understand it. I'd like to stick with the older interface, which I understand will be still available for a period of time. I seem to recall there were instructions posted on how to move other email IDs and stick with the NAP? or something. I'll be doing primarily access via the internet, not dial up, but I think there was a post for the settings. Am I correct that the settings (POP & SMTP) are substantially the same as they've been for about a year?
Dear Penny, It apparently took a while for the password file to propagate (~20 hrs.) I think I've managed to transfer the primary account, now I need to move the five other email addresses, as I understand it. I'd like to stick with the older interface, which I understand will be still available for a period of time. I seem to recall there were instructions posted on how to move other email IDs and stick with the NAP? or something. I'll be doing primarily access via the internet, not dial up, but I think there was a post for the settings. Am I correct that the settings (POP & SMTP) are substantially the same as they've been for about a year?

5 of 32 (3,530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2010 6:10:50 AM
(0)
Mentor
Penny, AT&T is telling some customers to go to PBY and others to NAP. I have not been able to get anyone at AT&T (many forum participants weigh in) to tell me the differences in features between an att.net email address from PBY versus NAP. From what I can tell PBY is a free and ad based service so the portal has a lot of ads and NAP has no ads. Also, my son has a preference for the PBY and my wife prefers NAP as a portal while I only download the emails and use neither as an application. Is there a way to "split" off my son's email address from my account so it can be PBY. I have been on the phone with worldnet and the new service number and nobody has been able to answer this....it seems I can migrate all addresses to PBY or none. Can you help?
Penny, AT&T is telling some customers to go to PBY and others to NAP. I have not been able to get anyone at AT&T (many forum participants weigh in) to tell me the differences in features between an att.net email address from PBY versus NAP. From what I can tell PBY is a free and ad based service so the portal has a lot of ads and NAP has no ads. Also, my son has a preference for the PBY and my wife prefers NAP as a portal while I only download the emails and use neither as an application. Is there a way to "split" off my son's email address from my account so it can be PBY. I have been on the phone with worldnet and the new service number and nobody has been able to answer this....it seems I can migrate all addresses to PBY or none. Can you help?

6 of 32 (3,530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2010 8:15:37 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello bertcooper,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us through AT&T forums.   As per the update, the AT&T Worldnet Service started migrating accounts in February 2010 and the Worldnet services will be discontinued in April 2010.  Account suspensions will start on April 5th and continue through April 15th, at which point all Worldnet accounts will be suspended.     Hence, we still have time to migrate the AT&T WorldNet accounts.   The migration letter advises the customer to migrate their primary ID first, followed by each sub account separately.  

There are specific Help pages associated with each migration path:

Support for password resets and other email and portal.

• Pre migration - Worldnet agent will assist customer in changing password (Worldnet Customer Care at 800-400-1447). 
  • If a customer’s password is changed in Worldnet, they MUST wait 24 hours before attempting to migrate via the Open Portal.  If they do not, the new password will not be recognized in Open Portal, and after three failed attempts, the customer will be locked out of Open Portal for 24 hours. 
  • Post migration - customer would reset password via the ATT.NET logon screen and selecting ‘Forgot Password’.
  • Customers may not see all email and contacts for 24 hours.  If it has been over 24-48 hours and still no email/contacts, escalate as appropriate.

I would also like to explain that Inputting data onto the Portal Migration Tool screen should only take a few minutes per primary and each secondary account that needs to be migrated. May take up to 24 hours for full account to migrate.  

Email client settings:

• Customer should not have to change their existing server settings.  If customer does change server settings, can use what is presented to them on migration screens.

I believe this post will answer all your concern about the migration.

I regret all the uncertainty you have experienced. Please feel free to reply to the post if you have any further questions.

Hello bertcooper,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us through AT&T forums.   As per the update, the AT&T Worldnet Service started migrating accounts in February 2010 and the Worldnet services will be discontinued in April 2010.  Account suspensions will start on April 5th and continue through April 15th, at which point all Worldnet accounts will be suspended.     Hence, we still have time to migrate the AT&T WorldNet accounts.   The migration letter advises the customer to migrate their primary ID first, followed by each sub account separately.  

There are specific Help pages associated with each migration path:

Support for password resets and other email and portal.

• Pre migration - Worldnet agent will assist customer in changing password (Worldnet Customer Care at 800-400-1447). 
  • If a customer’s password is changed in Worldnet, they MUST wait 24 hours before attempting to migrate via the Open Portal.  If they do not, the new password will not be recognized in Open Portal, and after three failed attempts, the customer will be locked out of Open Portal for 24 hours. 
  • Post migration - customer would reset password via the ATT.NET logon screen and selecting ‘Forgot Password’.
  • Customers may not see all email and contacts for 24 hours.  If it has been over 24-48 hours and still no email/contacts, escalate as appropriate.

I would also like to explain that Inputting data onto the Portal Migration Tool screen should only take a few minutes per primary and each secondary account that needs to be migrated. May take up to 24 hours for full account to migrate.  

Email client settings:

• Customer should not have to change their existing server settings.  If customer does change server settings, can use what is presented to them on migration screens.

I believe this post will answer all your concern about the migration.

I regret all the uncertainty you have experienced. Please feel free to reply to the post if you have any further questions.

7 of 32 (3,530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2010 2:13:56 PM
(0)
Employee

Hello w760a,

I would like to explain that once any email account will be migrate to AT&T Powered By Yahoo (PBY!) it can not be rolled back to AT&T New Alternative Portal (NAP).

Also, I would like to share an upcomming update that AT&T is in the process of migrating all AT&T NAP accounts to AT&T PBY!, you'll soon get the update about the same. Hence, I would suggest you to migrate your AT&T email account to AT&T PBY!

The options in AT&T NAP and AT&T PBY! are mentioned below:

AT&T New Alternative Portal

The AT&T Powered by Yahoo! (PBY) portal is located at http://www.att.net (which automatically redirects to http://att.my.yahoo.com).

The Member has the following options to customize their portal located below the Search field.

• Content & Layout 
  • Edit Account
  • Change Password
  • Change Colors
  • Change Text Size

Content & Layout

The personalization features on my.att.net will allow Members to choose content for the individual tabs within each Module. There will be two columns, a Center Column and a Right Column. Tab content can only be moved within the same column. For example, Weather must remain somewhere in the Right Column, but it can be placed in any Tab or Module within that column. After a Member signs into my.att.net, the personalization feature can be accessed by either clicking the Content & Layout link or by clicking the green plus sign tab within each Module.

Edit Account

The Edit Account link allows a Member to modify account information. Select the Edit Account link to the left of the Content & Layout link.

Change Password  Member will get the page to change the password. Change Colors

Select the Change Colors link to customize color of portal page.

Change Text Size

Select one of three sizes for text on portal.

Portal Content

The Portal Content includes seven modules to choose from in which specific content for each tab can be configured by the Member:

• Center Column - Today's Guide, News, News Videos, Entertainment, Sports, Money, Games, Extras, Movie Trailers, Music Videos, Photos, Shopping, Credit Report, Find a Job, Find a Date, Enhancements, Message Boards, Security, and Help.
  • Right Column - E-mail, Weather, Calendar, Links , Theaters, Stocks, Horoscope, Lottery, and Scores

AT&T Powerd By Yahoo! (PBY!)

The branding logo will be split into two separate components:

• AT&T Your World Delivered will display at the top left of the page.
  • POWERED BY YAHOO! will appear on the far right side.
  • Search tabs change to: Web, Yellow Pages, People, Shopping, Images, Video, More

Categories

Categories allows the customer quick access to a mix of Yahoo! Services and AT&T Services by clicking on Categories. This module will include a long list of AT&T Yahoo! Services, a single link to AT&T Services, and a new Ad-Served content area located below the Categories.

The following is the list of Categories (those with URLs after are AT&T owned properties):

Personalize This Page

The main tabs, give easy access for a member to personalize their page. They include Add Content, Change Appearance, More Options, and Send to Mobile.

• Select Change Appearance from the main personalization tab. Simply click on a section to expand it, and choose an appearance that best suites you.
    •  
      • Change Color
      • Change Layout
      • Font Size
      • Searchbox Size

• Select More Options form the main personalization tab. Each of these have their own functions, which are explained once you click on an item with the exception of Switch To Dialup Mode which we will explain.
    •  
      • My Yahoo! Reader
      • Article Preview
      • Article Timestamps
      • Auto Refresh
      • Search Assist
      • Switch To Dialup Mode: Switching to dialup mode will optimize the page if you are accessing it from a dialup modem. Visiting the More Options tab will give you the choice to change it back.
  •  

• Beginning on April 29, 2009, a new Send to Mobile feature will become available on the att.net (Powered by Yahoo!) portal.  This feature allows att.net portal users who have an AT&T Media Net 3 capable device to send content from the att.net portal to their mobile device home page.  When a user clicks on the Send to Mobile link, a drop down area will display with content that a user can send to their mobile device.  In order to get att.net content sent to a mobile device, the user must have mobile service with AT&T and have a supported Media Net 3 capable device. 
    • First line from left to right: Mail, Portfolio, Music
    • Second line from left to right: Movies, News, Horoscope
    • Search - The Search field allows the customer to type in key words and search across the following Search Types:
      • Web
      • Yellow Pages
      • People
      • Shopping
      • Images
      • Video
      • More
    •  
      • Personal Information, including Address/Contact Information
      • Add, remove, edit Sub Accounts
      • Change passwords
      • Download software
    • Feedback - The Feedback link takes the customer to a feedback form which they can use for feedback on the AT&T Powered By Yahoo! product.
    • Help - The Help link leads to the AT&T Help Site (helpme.att.net) and contains links, as well as helpful documentation, to both AT&T and Yahoo! specific help content. The following are the available choices from the Help drop-down.
      • Help - this will direct to http://helpme.att.net
      • Tutorials - This directs to a Yahoo! hosted page full of useful tutorials which customers can view on their own time.
      • Tour - Video tour detailing the AT&T Powered By Yahoo! services.
      • Feedback - This takes you to the feedback form mentioned above.
      • Software Download - This takes you directly to the Software Center where a customer can download relevant software based on their AT&T Powered By Yahoo!
      • internet service.

Personal Assistant

The Personal Assistant (PA) is a module that will house six sections of customizable elements (e.g., Mail, Music, Weather, Horoscopes). It is located in the upper-right area of the portal. It has a new default button arrangement for new users only:

Existing rules on HomeZone or U-verse TV remain in place: If a customer is subscribed to AT&T HomeZone or U-verse TV, they get the respective selection (i.e., Homezone or U-verse) on lower far right side. In the PA edit menu, Homezone or U-verse TV will only be available to customers who have either service. If a customer is not subscribed to either service, these options would not show up.

To change modules, click the Edit icon in the PA Module, then click on the module you would like to change and select a new one from the drop-down list. Click Done when finished.

Portal Links

Across the top of the header, there is a collection of links that help the customer get to key areas of the Portal content quickly.

To use this feature, the customer inputs the key words they would like to search, selects the appropriate Search Type, and then clicks on Search.

Member Center - Clicking on the Member Center link may prompt the customer to re-enter their password, and will then take the customer to their Member Center page. See Info: AT&T Powered By Yahoo! Member Center for additional details. A customer is able to manage and edit the following:

In case of any doubt, it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support.

If you are in, 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI',  you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent. 

https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

Hello w760a,

I would like to explain that once any email account will be migrate to AT&T Powered By Yahoo (PBY!) it can not be rolled back to AT&T New Alternative Portal (NAP).

Also, I would like to share an upcomming update that AT&T is in the process of migrating all AT&T NAP accounts to AT&T PBY!, you'll soon get the update about the same. Hence, I would suggest you to migrate your AT&T email account to AT&T PBY!

The options in AT&T NAP and AT&T PBY! are mentioned below:

AT&T New Alternative Portal

The AT&T Powered by Yahoo! (PBY) portal is located at http://www.att.net (which automatically redirects to http://att.my.yahoo.com).

The Member has the following options to customize their portal located below the Search field.

• Content & Layout 
  • Edit Account
  • Change Password
  • Change Colors
  • Change Text Size

Content & Layout

The personalization features on my.att.net will allow Members to choose content for the individual tabs within each Module. There will be two columns, a Center Column and a Right Column. Tab content can only be moved within the same column. For example, Weather must remain somewhere in the Right Column, but it can be placed in any Tab or Module within that column. After a Member signs into my.att.net, the personalization feature can be accessed by either clicking the Content & Layout link or by clicking the green plus sign tab within each Module.

Edit Account

The Edit Account link allows a Member to modify account information. Select the Edit Account link to the left of the Content & Layout link.

Change Password  Member will get the page to change the password. Change Colors

Select the Change Colors link to customize color of portal page.

Change Text Size

Select one of three sizes for text on portal.

Portal Content

The Portal Content includes seven modules to choose from in which specific content for each tab can be configured by the Member:

• Center Column - Today's Guide, News, News Videos, Entertainment, Sports, Money, Games, Extras, Movie Trailers, Music Videos, Photos, Shopping, Credit Report, Find a Job, Find a Date, Enhancements, Message Boards, Security, and Help.
  • Right Column - E-mail, Weather, Calendar, Links , Theaters, Stocks, Horoscope, Lottery, and Scores

AT&T Powerd By Yahoo! (PBY!)

The branding logo will be split into two separate components:

• AT&T Your World Delivered will display at the top left of the page.
  • POWERED BY YAHOO! will appear on the far right side.
  • Search tabs change to: Web, Yellow Pages, People, Shopping, Images, Video, More

Categories

Categories allows the customer quick access to a mix of Yahoo! Services and AT&T Services by clicking on Categories. This module will include a long list of AT&T Yahoo! Services, a single link to AT&T Services, and a new Ad-Served content area located below the Categories.

The following is the list of Categories (those with URLs after are AT&T owned properties):

Personalize This Page

The main tabs, give easy access for a member to personalize their page. They include Add Content, Change Appearance, More Options, and Send to Mobile.

• Select Change Appearance from the main personalization tab. Simply click on a section to expand it, and choose an appearance that best suites you.
    •  
      • Change Color
      • Change Layout
      • Font Size
      • Searchbox Size

• Select More Options form the main personalization tab. Each of these have their own functions, which are explained once you click on an item with the exception of Switch To Dialup Mode which we will explain.
    •  
      • My Yahoo! Reader
      • Article Preview
      • Article Timestamps
      • Auto Refresh
      • Search Assist
      • Switch To Dialup Mode: Switching to dialup mode will optimize the page if you are accessing it from a dialup modem. Visiting the More Options tab will give you the choice to change it back.
  •  

• Beginning on April 29, 2009, a new Send to Mobile feature will become available on the att.net (Powered by Yahoo!) portal.  This feature allows att.net portal users who have an AT&T Media Net 3 capable device to send content from the att.net portal to their mobile device home page.  When a user clicks on the Send to Mobile link, a drop down area will display with content that a user can send to their mobile device.  In order to get att.net content sent to a mobile device, the user must have mobile service with AT&T and have a supported Media Net 3 capable device. 
    • First line from left to right: Mail, Portfolio, Music
    • Second line from left to right: Movies, News, Horoscope
    • Search - The Search field allows the customer to type in key words and search across the following Search Types:
      • Web
      • Yellow Pages
      • People
      • Shopping
      • Images
      • Video
      • More
    •  
      • Personal Information, including Address/Contact Information
      • Add, remove, edit Sub Accounts
      • Change passwords
      • Download software
    • Feedback - The Feedback link takes the customer to a feedback form which they can use for feedback on the AT&T Powered By Yahoo! product.
    • Help - The Help link leads to the AT&T Help Site (helpme.att.net) and contains links, as well as helpful documentation, to both AT&T and Yahoo! specific help content. The following are the available choices from the Help drop-down.
      • Help - this will direct to http://helpme.att.net
      • Tutorials - This directs to a Yahoo! hosted page full of useful tutorials which customers can view on their own time.
      • Tour - Video tour detailing the AT&T Powered By Yahoo! services.
      • Feedback - This takes you to the feedback form mentioned above.
      • Software Download - This takes you directly to the Software Center where a customer can download relevant software based on their AT&T Powered By Yahoo!
      • internet service.

Personal Assistant

The Personal Assistant (PA) is a module that will house six sections of customizable elements (e.g., Mail, Music, Weather, Horoscopes). It is located in the upper-right area of the portal. It has a new default button arrangement for new users only:

Existing rules on HomeZone or U-verse TV remain in place: If a customer is subscribed to AT&T HomeZone or U-verse TV, they get the respective selection (i.e., Homezone or U-verse) on lower far right side. In the PA edit menu, Homezone or U-verse TV will only be available to customers who have either service. If a customer is not subscribed to either service, these options would not show up.

To change modules, click the Edit icon in the PA Module, then click on the module you would like to change and select a new one from the drop-down list. Click Done when finished.

Portal Links

Across the top of the header, there is a collection of links that help the customer get to key areas of the Portal content quickly.

To use this feature, the customer inputs the key words they would like to search, selects the appropriate Search Type, and then clicks on Search.

Member Center - Clicking on the Member Center link may prompt the customer to re-enter their password, and will then take the customer to their Member Center page. See Info: AT&T Powered By Yahoo! Member Center for additional details. A customer is able to manage and edit the following:

In case of any doubt, it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support.

If you are in, 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI',  you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent. 

8 of 32 (3,530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2010 3:03:49 PM
(0)
Mentor
Regarding.... "Also, I would like to share an upcomming update that AT&T is in the process of migrating all AT&T NAP accounts to AT&T PBY!, you'll soon get the update about the same. Hence, I would suggest you to migrate your AT&T email account to AT&T PBY!" I find that to be a bad decision by ATT. Yahoo email is does not have the filters and forwarding features that webmail has. Also its spam filters are the worst. I know as I have a yahoo Premium account. There is no filter ordering, no selective email forwarding, and many other nice webmail features are missing. I guess I will wait until the end in hopes of keeping the current webmail and then consider moving all my att email accounts over to gmail which comes closest to ATT for webmail features I use. The migration of about 1000 external account who now send mail to me through att.net will be very painful. I hope ATT reconsiders or convinces yahoo to adopt some of their mail features. Is Yahoo planning to incorporate any the the webamail features... especially selective forwarding.?
Regarding.... "Also, I would like to share an upcomming update that AT&T is in the process of migrating all AT&T NAP accounts to AT&T PBY!, you'll soon get the update about the same. Hence, I would suggest you to migrate your AT&T email account to AT&T PBY!" I find that to be a bad decision by ATT. Yahoo email is does not have the filters and forwarding features that webmail has. Also its spam filters are the worst. I know as I have a yahoo Premium account. There is no filter ordering, no selective email forwarding, and many other nice webmail features are missing. I guess I will wait until the end in hopes of keeping the current webmail and then consider moving all my att email accounts over to gmail which comes closest to ATT for webmail features I use. The migration of about 1000 external account who now send mail to me through att.net will be very painful. I hope ATT reconsiders or convinces yahoo to adopt some of their mail features. Is Yahoo planning to incorporate any the the webamail features... especially selective forwarding.?

AT&T is in the process of migrating all AT&T NAP accounts to AT&T PBY!,

9 of 32 (3,530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2010 2:24:37 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello jwp12,

AT&T Powered By Yahoo! is a web mail services that allows you to experience all of the exciting things that the World Wide Web has to offer. AT&T PBY! has all the features mentioned below:

AT&T Yahoo! Mail Product Line Summary

Bold = new/updated featuresNew AT&T Master accountNew AT&T Sub account(s)
StorageUnlimitedUnlimited
AdsYesYes
Option to buy extra storage (ES)NoNo
AttachmentsUp to 25MB total attachment size per message 50 attachments per messageUp to 20MB total attachment size per message 50 attachments per message
Spam protectionSpamGuard PlusSpamGuard Plus
Number of Recipients in To:, Cc:, or Bcc: field *100 limit per email (there is a limit of 50 recipients with the same domain)100 limit per email (there is a limit of 50 recipients with the same domain)
Filters200200
Address Blockers500500
AddressGuardYesYes
Virus protectionScanning + CleaningScanning + Cleaning
POP/ForwardingYesYes
No taglineYesYes
ArchivingYesYes
Send from other addressesYesYes
StationeryYesYes
No account expirationYesYes
Mail search featureYesYes
Add to My Yahoo! buttonYesYes
Not Spam buttonYesYes
Add Mobile AlertYesYes
Mail for Mobile linkYes

Yes

In case of any doubt, you may also contact AT&T eChat support.

If you are in, 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI', you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent:

Hello jwp12,

AT&T Powered By Yahoo! is a web mail services that allows you to experience all of the exciting things that the World Wide Web has to offer. AT&T PBY! has all the features mentioned below:

AT&T Yahoo! Mail Product Line Summary

Bold = new/updated featuresNew AT&T Master accountNew AT&T Sub account(s)
StorageUnlimitedUnlimited
AdsYesYes
Option to buy extra storage (ES)NoNo
AttachmentsUp to 25MB total attachment size per message 50 attachments per messageUp to 20MB total attachment size per message 50 attachments per message
Spam protectionSpamGuard PlusSpamGuard Plus
Number of Recipients in To:, Cc:, or Bcc: field *100 limit per email (there is a limit of 50 recipients with the same domain)100 limit per email (there is a limit of 50 recipients with the same domain)
Filters200200
Address Blockers500500
AddressGuardYesYes
Virus protectionScanning + CleaningScanning + Cleaning
POP/ForwardingYesYes
No taglineYesYes
ArchivingYesYes
Send from other addressesYesYes
StationeryYesYes
No account expirationYesYes
Mail search featureYesYes
Add to My Yahoo! buttonYesYes
Not Spam buttonYesYes
Add Mobile AlertYesYes
Mail for Mobile linkYes

Yes

In case of any doubt, you may also contact AT&T eChat support.

If you are in, 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI', you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent:

Re: AT&T is in the process of migrating all AT&T NAP accounts to AT&T PBY!,

10 of 32 (3,530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2010 8:18:48 AM
(0)
Mentor
Penny,

If NAP users are being told they must use yahoo web mail mail I have a few feature requests that should be addressed. I already have a yahoo.com premium mail account so I know what the differences will be. Please address the following.:

Are there any plans to add the ability to use filters to forward emails to one or more addresses?
ATT has that feature and yahoo premium mail does not. It is very powerful and the only other popular mail service that has this is gmail

Also ATT webmail has other email features I currently enjoy on att.net but are not found in yahoo mail. They are:
More effective spam control. Yahoo misses spam by doing filter before spam check and in general is not as effective at ATT which totally blocks some spam
request return receipt - very useful when dealing with businesses Acknowledge return receipt request - very important
advanced search that includes
Search From, To, Cc and Subject fields Search Subject field only Search From field only Search To field only Search Cc field only Search Message body
View source as text -- useful for examining suspicious emails show/hide HTML code - allows editing of HTML code in an email. Helpful learning tool. Access to all the sub-accounts from the master account without having to logout and login

Will Yahoo mail be adding these features?
Penny,

If NAP users are being told they must use yahoo web mail mail I have a few feature requests that should be addressed. I already have a yahoo.com premium mail account so I know what the differences will be. Please address the following.:

Are there any plans to add the ability to use filters to forward emails to one or more addresses?
ATT has that feature and yahoo premium mail does not. It is very powerful and the only other popular mail service that has this is gmail

Also ATT webmail has other email features I currently enjoy on att.net but are not found in yahoo mail. They are:
More effective spam control. Yahoo misses spam by doing filter before spam check and in general is not as effective at ATT which totally blocks some spam
request return receipt - very useful when dealing with businesses Acknowledge return receipt request - very important
advanced search that includes
Search From, To, Cc and Subject fields Search Subject field only Search From field only Search To field only Search Cc field only Search Message body
View source as text -- useful for examining suspicious emails show/hide HTML code - allows editing of HTML code in an email. Helpful learning tool. Access to all the sub-accounts from the master account without having to logout and login

Will Yahoo mail be adding these features?

11 of 32 (2,499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2010 1:58:27 AM
(0)
Employee
Hello jwp12,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and suggestions. We will escalate this to concerned department.
I regret all the uncertainty you have experienced. Please, feel free to reply to the post if you have any further questions.

Hello jwp12,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and suggestions. We will escalate this to concerned department.
I regret all the uncertainty you have experienced. Please, feel free to reply to the post if you have any further questions.

12 of 32 (2,499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2010 7:42:52 AM
(0)
Mentor
Thanks Penny. It would be nice to know answers to the questions. If I thought the features were in the pipeline with an estimated date I would be more confident with the product. So many times "escalate" means send it off to a large pile of requests that receive no reply. IS threr a chance of a reply? jwp12
Thanks Penny. It would be nice to know answers to the questions. If I thought the features were in the pipeline with an estimated date I would be more confident with the product. So many times "escalate" means send it off to a large pile of requests that receive no reply. IS threr a chance of a reply? jwp12

13 of 32 (2,499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2010 3:07:34 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello ,

Unfortunately, I can not be more specific with the implementation of these suggestions. In order to get specific information about the changes regarding Yahoo! web mail, it is recommended that you contact Yahoo! help.

Please, contact Yahoo! support through http://help.yahoo.com and provide them the suggestion that you want to make with Yahoo! web mail.  They would be able to help you and provide the confirmation about the same.

As and when we get an update I'll post the same on the forum.

Hello ,

Unfortunately, I can not be more specific with the implementation of these suggestions. In order to get specific information about the changes regarding Yahoo! web mail, it is recommended that you contact Yahoo! help.

Please, contact Yahoo! support through http://help.yahoo.com and provide them the suggestion that you want to make with Yahoo! web mail.  They would be able to help you and provide the confirmation about the same.

As and when we get an update I'll post the same on the forum.

14 of 32 (2,499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2010 8:26:02 AM
(0)
Mentor
Hi Penny, I have already tried going through Yahoo help and depending on who replies they say they are sending it to the engineers but there will be no reply. In one case they said I should take it up with ATT. It seems that ATT is the customer to yahoo here and you should have some influence. One look at ATT webmail filters vs yahoo filters clearly shows ATT webmail to have a superior set up. Too bad no one at either company will make a commitment to these features. Can't ATT bring some pressure on Yahoo to consider the changes?
Hi Penny, I have already tried going through Yahoo help and depending on who replies they say they are sending it to the engineers but there will be no reply. In one case they said I should take it up with ATT. It seems that ATT is the customer to yahoo here and you should have some influence. One look at ATT webmail filters vs yahoo filters clearly shows ATT webmail to have a superior set up. Too bad no one at either company will make a commitment to these features. Can't ATT bring some pressure on Yahoo to consider the changes?

15 of 32 (2,499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2010 3:12:28 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello ,

We can not discuss the business relationship between AT&T and Yahoo!

We appreciate your feedback and escalate this to our concerned department. Thank you.

Hello ,

We can not discuss the business relationship between AT&T and Yahoo!

We appreciate your feedback and escalate this to our concerned department. Thank you.

16 of 32 (2,499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2010 6:17:03 PM
(0)
Mentor
Penny I migrated to NAP as the 3/31 deadline was upon us. If I now migrate to PBY, will it convert my $7.95 account to a free PBY account? I assume that I will have to use the yahoo pop and SMTP ports and URLs on MS-outlook. Will there be a fee for ongoing use of the att.net email addresses in PBY? After the AT&T planned migration you describe, will I have to change to use the yahoo pop and SMTP ports and URLs on MS-Outlook. IF so, will there be notice to me about the change. Will there be a $7.95 monthly fee? Thanks
Penny I migrated to NAP as the 3/31 deadline was upon us. If I now migrate to PBY, will it convert my $7.95 account to a free PBY account? I assume that I will have to use the yahoo pop and SMTP ports and URLs on MS-outlook. Will there be a fee for ongoing use of the att.net email addresses in PBY? After the AT&T planned migration you describe, will I have to change to use the yahoo pop and SMTP ports and URLs on MS-Outlook. IF so, will there be notice to me about the change. Will there be a $7.95 monthly fee? Thanks

17 of 32 (2,499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2010 5:27:49 AM
(0)
Employee
Hello w760a, I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us. Migration from AT&T NAP to AT&T PBY portal will not make any changes with the charges on your AT&T DSL/DIAL services. In order to get more information about the charges on your AT&T DSL/DIAL services, we have help available at 1-877-722-3755 between 8am to 6pm Monday through Friday. If you migrated your AT&T NAP account to AT&T Free email account, you would not be able to use AT&T SMTP (Outgoing mail server) settings in your email client (MS Outlook). However, if you continue to use AT&T DSL/DIAL services (paid services), and migrated AT&T Powered By Yahoo!, you can use your AT&T email account in your email client (MS Outlook) and will need to change the POP and SMTP settings. After migration from AT&T NAP to AT&T PBY! you may use link mentioned below to configure your email account in MS Outlook: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401573 If you experience any difficulty while configuring your AT&T email account in your email client, it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support. If you are in, 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI ', you may click on the following link to connect to AT&T eChat technical support. https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

Hello w760a, I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us. Migration from AT&T NAP to AT&T PBY portal will not make any changes with the charges on your AT&T DSL/DIAL services. In order to get more information about the charges on your AT&T DSL/DIAL services, we have help available at 1-877-722-3755 between 8am to 6pm Monday through Friday. If you migrated your AT&T NAP account to AT&T Free email account, you would not be able to use AT&T SMTP (Outgoing mail server) settings in your email client (MS Outlook). However, if you continue to use AT&T DSL/DIAL services (paid services), and migrated AT&T Powered By Yahoo!, you can use your AT&T email account in your email client (MS Outlook) and will need to change the POP and SMTP settings. After migration from AT&T NAP to AT&T PBY! you may use link mentioned below to configure your email account in MS Outlook: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401573 If you experience any difficulty while configuring your AT&T email account in your email client, it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support. If you are in, 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI ', you may click on the following link to connect to AT&T eChat technical support. https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

18 of 32 (2,499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2010 5:03:28 AM
(0)
Former Moderator
Moved to separate thread.

Moved to separate thread.

Att email

19 of 32 (2,501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2010 12:02:47 PM
(0)
Mentor

Penny

I am a little confused by your reply.  You have previously advised me to convert to a PBY account and I just want to be sure I understand a couple of more things before I do this.  If I convert my att.net email account and the subaccounts using the link:https://attreg.att.net/PortalMigrationTool/entry.do  will my email addresses then be free yahoo email accounts that have an att.net domain.     I understand that I would need to change the pop and smtp settings in my outlook if I convert to a free yahoo account; will I no longer have a charge from AT&T?

Thanks      

Penny

I am a little confused by your reply.  You have previously advised me to convert to a PBY account and I just want to be sure I understand a couple of more things before I do this.  If I convert my att.net email account and the subaccounts using the link:https://attreg.att.net/PortalMigrationTool/entry.do  will my email addresses then be free yahoo email accounts that have an att.net domain.     I understand that I would need to change the pop and smtp settings in my outlook if I convert to a free yahoo account; will I no longer have a charge from AT&T?

Thanks      

20 of 32 (2,501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2010 11:14:10 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello w760a,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

I would like to inform you that, this problem is specific to your account and we would have to check the status of your primary email address and the subsequent sub-accounts. It is recommended that please contact AT&T eChat support.

If you are in 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, or WI' area, you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent:

https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnai re_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

Hello w760a,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

I would like to inform you that, this problem is specific to your account and we would have to check the status of your primary email address and the subsequent sub-accounts. It is recommended that please contact AT&T eChat support.

If you are in 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, or WI' area, you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent:

https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnai re_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

21 of 32 (2,739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2010 5:50:10 PM
(0)
Mentor

Penny

In regard to your last reply, I am not asking you about a problem.  I am asking you about what you meant in prior messages.   Can you clarify your points by answering my most recently asked questions.

Thanks

Penny

In regard to your last reply, I am not asking you about a problem.  I am asking you about what you meant in prior messages.   Can you clarify your points by answering my most recently asked questions.

Thanks

22 of 32 (2,739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2010 11:35:29 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello w760a,

I am sorry that you had to go through this unpleasant experience and I apologize for the inconvenience that you are facing with this issue.

Once you switch from NAP to PBY Yahoo, your email ID would be converted to AT&T Yahoo DSL and would be linked to your active DSL services with our POP and SMTP. If you do not have any services with us, your email ID would become a free Yahoo email ID with the Yahoo POP and SMTP settings. These settings would have to be alternatively changed on your Outlook depending upon the status of your account.

Hello w760a,

I am sorry that you had to go through this unpleasant experience and I apologize for the inconvenience that you are facing with this issue.

Once you switch from NAP to PBY Yahoo, your email ID would be converted to AT&T Yahoo DSL and would be linked to your active DSL services with our POP and SMTP. If you do not have any services with us, your email ID would become a free Yahoo email ID with the Yahoo POP and SMTP settings. These settings would have to be alternatively changed on your Outlook depending upon the status of your account.

23 of 32 (2,739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2010 4:10:31 PM
(0)
Mentor

Thank you Penny.  Just to be sure you said "If you do not have any services with us, your email ID would become a free Yahoo email ID with the Yahoo POP and SMTP settings" did you mean that my email id will become mycurrentemail@yahoo.com or as I am hoping, did you mean it remains with the att.net domain name.   

Assuming that I migrate to the free yahoo email id as above, will all of my subaccounts be migrated when I migrate the main account or will I have to do each one separately?

Thank you Penny.  Just to be sure you said "If you do not have any services with us, your email ID would become a free Yahoo email ID with the Yahoo POP and SMTP settings" did you mean that my email id will become mycurrentemail@yahoo.com or as I am hoping, did you mean it remains with the att.net domain name.   

Assuming that I migrate to the free yahoo email id as above, will all of my subaccounts be migrated when I migrate the main account or will I have to do each one separately?

24 of 32 (2,739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2010 4:08:54 AM
(0)
Employee
Hello w760a,

If you cancel AT&T DSL/DIAL services, your AT&T email ID would become a free Yahoo email ID (e.g. abc@att.net/ abc@sbcglobal.net) with the Yahoo POP and SMTP settings. These settings would have to be alternatively changed on your Outlook depending upon the status of your account.

Note: AT&T will not provide any support for free Yahoo! ID.

If you migrate your AT&T email account from AT&T New Alternative Portal (NAP) to AT&T Powered By Yahoo! (PBY!), you will have to manually migrate your sub account separately. However, once you cancel your AT&T DSL/DIAL services, your all AT&T email accounts (primary and sub) will be automatically become free Yahoo! ID.

Hello w760a,

If you cancel AT&T DSL/DIAL services, your AT&T email ID would become a free Yahoo email ID (e.g. abc@att.net/ abc@sbcglobal.net) with the Yahoo POP and SMTP settings. These settings would have to be alternatively changed on your Outlook depending upon the status of your account.

Note: AT&T will not provide any support for free Yahoo! ID.

If you migrate your AT&T email account from AT&T New Alternative Portal (NAP) to AT&T Powered By Yahoo! (PBY!), you will have to manually migrate your sub account separately. However, once you cancel your AT&T DSL/DIAL services, your all AT&T email accounts (primary and sub) will be automatically become free Yahoo! ID.

25 of 32 (2,739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2010 1:12:03 PM
(0)
Teacher

You guys should communicate this information to your customer service agents.  When I cancelled my service, they told me I would lose my e-mail addresses, even if they had been migrated to the Yahoo portal.

You guys should communicate this information to your customer service agents.  When I cancelled my service, they told me I would lose my e-mail addresses, even if they had been migrated to the Yahoo portal.

26 of 32 (2,739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2010 12:35:51 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello G_Loc,

Our AT&T Technical Support represenatives were actually aware of this information. Please accept my sincere apology because you we're not able to receive the correct information regarding your concern.

Just an additional information.

After canceling your High Speed Internet service, you will receive complimentary Dial service for 60 days, which includes full access to your AT&T Yahoo! account. If you attempt to log into the Yahoo! network (att.yahoo.com) using your Yahoo! ID and password after 60 days, you will be given the option to create a new Yahoo! ID and transfer your AT&T Member ID's data and preferences to it. After 100 days, the data and preferences from your AT&T Member ID will be deleted.

Hello G_Loc,

Our AT&T Technical Support represenatives were actually aware of this information. Please accept my sincere apology because you we're not able to receive the correct information regarding your concern.

Just an additional information.

After canceling your High Speed Internet service, you will receive complimentary Dial service for 60 days, which includes full access to your AT&T Yahoo! account. If you attempt to log into the Yahoo! network (att.yahoo.com) using your Yahoo! ID and password after 60 days, you will be given the option to create a new Yahoo! ID and transfer your AT&T Member ID's data and preferences to it. After 100 days, the data and preferences from your AT&T Member ID will be deleted.

27 of 32 (2,739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2010 3:00:18 PM
(0)
Teacher

Ok so now I'm a bit confused.  My primary e-mail is a @bellsouth.net e-mail address that has been migrated to the Yahoo portal.  You're saying I need to convert it to a free Yahoo account?  So I won't be able to keep the @bellsouth.net domain?  Or am I fine as is?

Ok so now I'm a bit confused.  My primary e-mail is a @bellsouth.net e-mail address that has been migrated to the Yahoo portal.  You're saying I need to convert it to a free Yahoo account?  So I won't be able to keep the @bellsouth.net domain?  Or am I fine as is?

28 of 32 (2,739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2010 8:11:06 AM
(0)
Mentor

Penny

When I call the support number and speak to someone about canceling my $7.95 per month AT&T DSL/DIAL services, they say that I will irreversibly lose the email addresses and that they know nothing about them being converted to free yahoo accounts.  This seems to directly contradict what you are saying.  I also see in other replies to your post that I am not the only one who seems to have been told this by customer service. 

Since customer support seems to not have the capability you describe as:

"....cancel AT&T DSL/DIAL services, your AT&T email ID would become a free Yahoo email ID (e.g. abc@att.net/ abc@sbcglobal.net) with the Yahoo POP and SMTP settings"

does the following link cancel my service and convert my account and all the subaccounts to a free yahoo account?

https://attreg.att.net/PortalMigrationTool/entry.do

If so, do I do the main account first and then the subaccounts or do I just do the main account and the sub accounts are automatically converted as well?

If not, how can a 

"....cancel AT&T DSL/DIAL services, your AT&T email ID would become a free Yahoo email ID (e.g. abc@att.net/ abc@sbcglobal.net) with the Yahoo POP and SMTP settings."

Thanks again

Penny

When I call the support number and speak to someone about canceling my $7.95 per month AT&T DSL/DIAL services, they say that I will irreversibly lose the email addresses and that they know nothing about them being converted to free yahoo accounts.  This seems to directly contradict what you are saying.  I also see in other replies to your post that I am not the only one who seems to have been told this by customer service. 

Since customer support seems to not have the capability you describe as:

"....cancel AT&T DSL/DIAL services, your AT&T email ID would become a free Yahoo email ID (e.g. abc@att.net/ abc@sbcglobal.net) with the Yahoo POP and SMTP settings"

does the following link cancel my service and convert my account and all the subaccounts to a free yahoo account?

https://attreg.att.net/PortalMigrationTool/entry.do

If so, do I do the main account first and then the subaccounts or do I just do the main account and the sub accounts are automatically converted as well?

If not, how can a 

"....cancel AT&T DSL/DIAL services, your AT&T email ID would become a free Yahoo email ID (e.g. abc@att.net/ abc@sbcglobal.net) with the Yahoo POP and SMTP settings."

Thanks again

29 of 32 (2,739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2010 8:13:05 AM
(0)
Mentor

G_Loc

did you cancel your service and if so, did the email ids get converted to free yahoo ids?

Thanks

G_Loc

did you cancel your service and if so, did the email ids get converted to free yahoo ids?

Thanks

30 of 32 (2,739 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments