Ask a question

Posted Sep 7, 2009
    7:25:04 PM
    View profile
    Keep email addy after cancelling AT&T DSL
    We have to cancel our AT&T DSL, but do not want to lose a long-held @bellsouth.net email address. Will this address stay active now that Yahoo! is hosting the email, or will it be cancelled along with the DSL service? Been trying to determine if this will happen. I've seen both answers, so I'm hoping to get an official answer from an AT&T rep. Thanks!

Keep email addy after cancelling AT&T DSL

4 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (4)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 8, 2009 11:23:10 AM
    (0)
    Teacher
    As long as your Primary Member ID (and associated Sub Accounts) are assigned to the AT&T powered by Yahoo portal/email platform, you will NOT lose portal/email access if you choose to disconnect your DSL service. You'll still be able to use your email address(es). If the ID(s) is still assigned to the my.att.net (old Bellsouth) portal/email platform, different rules apply and depending on your region, the ID(s) will eventually be cancelled/terminated.

Re: Keep email addy after cancelling AT&T DSL

2 of 5 (5,110 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 9, 2009 11:06:21 AM
    (0)
    Guru

jerryfreak wrote:
    As long as your Primary Member ID (and associated Sub Accounts) are assigned to the AT&T powered by Yahoo portal/email platform, you will NOT lose portal/email access if you choose to disconnect your DSL service. You'll still be able to use your email address(es). If the ID(s) is still assigned to the my.att.net (old Bellsouth) portal/email platform, different rules apply and depending on your region, the ID(s) will eventually be cancelled/terminated.

very well said! :smileyhappy:

as long as your email accounts are all migrated to the AT&T powered by Yahoo portal/email, you WILL be able to keep them even after terminating the DSL service.

3 of 5 (5,110 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 22, 2009 9:57:42 AM
    (0)
    Contributor
    Do you know if this also applies to the @swbell.net address. I figure you will be able to keep the @yahoo.com address, but the @swbell.net address is the one we have been using for 12 years.

4 of 5 (5,110 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 22, 2009 10:48:15 AM
    (0)
    Guru
    hi kcchalk!

i believe it also applies to the @swbell.net and other AT&T email IDs, as long as they are already on the powered by the Yahoo! portal/server.

5 of 5 (5,110 Views)