Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Sep 25, 2010
8:48:28 PM
View profile
Internet Outage 9/25/2010

When my Interent stopped working I called AT&T & got a recorded message that there was outages in the Elmhurst, IL area.  Not knowing if this outage affected my town, I waited 14 minutes to speak with a CS Rep.  I asked about the outage and explained my Internet service was down.  The CS Rep knew nothing about the outage & said all service was running perfectly.  Mmmmmm........after 45 minutes he found nothing wrong at his end & said I would have service no later then Monday.  MONDAY????  After talking with him I received a recorded call saying there was nothing wrong with AT&T service, if I was still having probelms stay on the line.  So I did ~ once again I was talking with a new CS Rep who knew nothing about the outage either and told me I needed a new modem.  He said he couldn't do more because part of his system was down ~ I told him, "join the crowd".  Four hours later my Internet was back up.  Either there was a problem & the CS Reps knew NOTHING about it, or are not well trained, or lazy.  I asked about getting a credit for the time and was told I'd have to call back on Monday.  Strange, Comcast gives customers a credit right on the spot.  I was surprised and not happy about the low level of service provided by a company of this size. 

When my Interent stopped working I called AT&T & got a recorded message that there was outages in the Elmhurst, IL area.  Not knowing if this outage affected my town, I waited 14 minutes to speak with a CS Rep.  I asked about the outage and explained my Internet service was down.  The CS Rep knew nothing about the outage & said all service was running perfectly.  Mmmmmm........after 45 minutes he found nothing wrong at his end & said I would have service no later then Monday.  MONDAY????  After talking with him I received a recorded call saying there was nothing wrong with AT&T service, if I was still having probelms stay on the line.  So I did ~ once again I was talking with a new CS Rep who knew nothing about the outage either and told me I needed a new modem.  He said he couldn't do more because part of his system was down ~ I told him, "join the crowd".  Four hours later my Internet was back up.  Either there was a problem & the CS Reps knew NOTHING about it, or are not well trained, or lazy.  I asked about getting a credit for the time and was told I'd have to call back on Monday.  Strange, Comcast gives customers a credit right on the spot.  I was surprised and not happy about the low level of service provided by a company of this size. 

Internet Outage 9/25/2010

0 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments