Helpful Links

Internet Outage 9/25/2010

Highlighted
Contributor

Internet Outage 9/25/2010

When my Interent stopped working I called AT&T & got a recorded message that there was outages in the Elmhurst, IL area.  Not knowing if this outage affected my town, I waited 14 minutes to speak with a CS Rep.  I asked about the outage and explained my Internet service was down.  The CS Rep knew nothing about the outage & said all service was running perfectly.  Mmmmmm........after 45 minutes he found nothing wrong at his end & said I would have service no later then Monday.  MONDAY????  After talking with him I received a recorded call saying there was nothing wrong with AT&T service, if I was still having probelms stay on the line.  So I did ~ once again I was talking with a new CS Rep who knew nothing about the outage either and told me I needed a new modem.  He said he couldn't do more because part of his system was down ~ I told him, "join the crowd".  Four hours later my Internet was back up.  Either there was a problem & the CS Reps knew NOTHING about it, or are not well trained, or lazy.  I asked about getting a credit for the time and was told I'd have to call back on Monday.  Strange, Comcast gives customers a credit right on the spot.  I was surprised and not happy about the low level of service provided by a company of this size. 

Message 1 of 1
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support