Internet Order and Installation Issues

Contributor

Internet Order and Installation Issues

I've ordered the DSL without a phone line twice now. Both times, I've received a confirmation email containing the order number and the "TN associated with my DSL service", as well as a specific date the internet connection would be ready. When the first date passed, I tried ordering again. However, when the second date passed, I tried calling the service center directly, but due to horrible connection at my home, I kept getting cut off before I could really make any progress. They directed me to a site (which didn't need internet access to reach), allowing me to make an account. However, as soon as I made the account, my phone disconnected - for the fifth time. When I tried to access this site again a few days later, I could register with the same account information that I used to register earlier (which means that my first registration, for some reason, didn't go through, even though I finished it). I couldn't check the status of my order, either, because it claimed all my order numbers to be invalid. Oddly enough, I'm still (somehow) getting letters demanding that I pay the $30.00 per month necessary to upkeep my internet... which never worked in the first place. Help?
Message 1 of 10 (1,890 Views)
Guru

Re: Internet Order and Installation Issues

oh, you got the DSL Direct/Dry Loop internet service... did you also order DSL equipment from them, or you're using your own DSL modem?

since you have the dry loop account, all you need is the account # (usually starts with a 0). you need that info. to register a valid att email ID and password to get your internet working. but you need to make sure that your modem is already receiving a dsl signal from AT&T.

Message 2 of 10 (1,890 Views)
Teacher

for dryloop services, which doesn't have phone service bundled to it, everytime the order that you placed is cancelled or disconnected, another account number will be provided to you when you place a new order or reactivate your service. it will take you to reregister your account with a different account number, but u can still use the same account information before. because dry loop accounts cannot be reinstated with the same account number since there is no actual phone connected to it.
Message 3 of 10 (1,890 Views)
Contributor

Re: Internet Order Issues

You are not alone. I placed an order for DSL internet service. I received the order summary confirmation letter alright, (it proves that ATT has my correct address) I need to emphasize my address is correct, that's the address I use for my tax return, also on my legal documents. I've no problem to receive things from UPS, FEDX, Post office. Unbelievable, the ATT technician somehow can't locate my place, I did not get my DSL service as the scheduled activate date, ATT went ahead cancel my order. I was notified and called back to place an order 2nd time. I was given a number to call back to find out my new activation date, (support told me they will try to expedite my order, asked me to call back) I just find out ATT doesn't expedite my order, I wasted another 40 minutes on the phone with ATT, I've already spent too much time stay on line to talk to ATT folks. very frustrated. I tried to find a site to file the complaint, but can't find it. My conclusion is: Low/no Confidence on ATT employee capability That ATT technician - Can ATT track down who this person is? apparently this person is careless and rude. I talked to ATT support, no one cares. I'll have my DSL activated next week, (if it happens) - I don't set any expectation on this now. If they cancel my order again, 1. I'll never place another order, (I've already wasted too much time on this) 2. I have two existing accounts with ATT, I also plan to switch the service provider. 3. Stay away from ATT if you can.
Message 4 of 10 (1,890 Views)
Contributor

How do I make verify if my modem is receiving signals from at&t or not? o.o When I plug it in, all the lights are green and functional. Also, is the TN number my account number? Here's an excerpt from the email, with the TN number switched to 'x's. AT&T DSL Information: Your request for DSL service is complete. The TN associated with your DSL service is xxxxxxxxxx Your service will be activated on 2010-01-13 and you will not have to be present on the day of the installation.
Message 5 of 10 (1,890 Views)
Guru

ShirokiYuutsu wrote:
How do I make verify if my modem is receiving signals from at&t or not? o.o When I plug it in, all the lights are green and functional.

as long as the DSL light on your modem is solid green, it's already receiving a DSL signal from AT&T. all you need to do is register your account online to start your internet working.

ShirokiYuutsu wrote:
Also, is the TN number my account number? Here's an excerpt from the email, with the TN number switched to 'x's. AT&T DSL Information: Your request for DSL service is complete. The TN associated with your DSL service is xxxxxxxxxx Your service will be activated on 2010-01-13 and you will not have to be present on the day of the installation.

Yes, TN is your account number. it's a 10-digit fictitious phone number that will be associated with your internet account since you don't have an actual phone number.

Message 6 of 10 (1,890 Views)
Guru

plug your computer to the modem... as long as all the lights are solid green, except the ACT light which might be blinking green, you can start registering your account.

go to Start --> Run --> type iexplore helpme.att.net/register in the box --> hit OK. it should pull up the AT&T's registration page. just complete all the needed information. your account # is the TN. make sure you have a copy of all the information during the registration esp. the AT&T username, password, passcode (any 4-digit #, or you may use the last 4-digit of your social #), security questions and answers.

once you have registered the AT&T username and password, just update the modem to get online. go back to go to Start --> Run --> type iexplore 192.168.1.154 in the box --> hit OK. on the left panel, go to ADVANCED --> CONNECTION CONFIGURATION --> enter the MODEM ACCESS CODE (found at the bottom of the modem) --> update the username and password information with your own registered AT&T username and password. then click on SAVE CHANGES button.

once the modem has restarted, it should get you online.

Message 7 of 10 (1,890 Views)
Contributor

I'm sorry for all these questions, haha. Well, I was brought to the account registration page, but when I put in my TN number (in place of the required high speed internet telephone number), it says [Error AD501] Member Identification Error Unfortunately, we cannot locate your account with the information you provided. I quadruple checked to see that I input the numbers correctly. =/
Message 8 of 10 (1,890 Views)
Scholar

I guess at this point you need to call tech support to verify that account number.  If you could get to the registration page then that means that your DSL service is active and you only need to finish the registration in order to establish internet between your modem and computer.  The number to call is 1-877-722-3755.

Message 9 of 10 (1,890 Views)
Guru

@ ShirokiYuutsu,

you mentioned that you ordered DSL again when the due date of the first order passed, right? have you tried using the second Account #/TN you received for the second order?

if you're still having problems registering your account and neither of the two account #s worked, better call the Tech Support Team, so they can verify the status of the dry loop account. you are already getting the dsl signal since you reached the registration page. you just need to completely create an account with AT&T so you can start getting online.

Message 10 of 10 (1,890 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.