Internet Always Crashing

Contributor

Internet Always Crashing

So we have the atnt dsl elite package and the internet always seems to crash if even more than one computer are on the router. We have a 2wire router/modem combo we bought from best buy. I have contacted atnt support and the cant seem to figure out whats the problem for the life of them. They keep saying that it is a line issue on their part and when they transfer it over to the people that are supposed to check they call us back saying that there is no issue. So I am asking here to see if any of you have had similar problems. We have on average 4 computers on the network and at peak times 6-7 so it is really frustrating when all of the suddenly lose connection for 1-2 mins. And it is not a disconnect since they all say there still connected but there is no internet access. Here are a couple of the error messages we get. And this is the solution after about 2 mins. I have already gone through all the normal diagnosis and everything is fine on our part. To me it is either a router/modem issue or an atnt issue which seems to be more likely.
Message 1 of 5
Guru

Re: Internet Always Crashing

@ Dieo,

i believe you are experiencing the same issue with the user in this thread --> Internet: Error Message - Resolution Successful

a suggested resolution has been given by one of the tech guys, see if that will fix your issue too. :smileyhappy:

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted

Me and my friends have the elite with U-verse as well as the fire house at which I work.  THEY ALL CRASH repeatedly.  And the suggested help posted above me does not fix it either.  It seems to me ATT is using a poor quality router.  Can anyone help?

Message 3 of 5
Employee

Hello mchurchwell,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

If your AT&T U-Verse service is working intermittently, it is recommended that you contact AT&T U-Verse technical support department at 1-800-288-2020 which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

They will help you to troubleshoot this issue.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
Teacher

i think the only way they will even consider helping people is if enough people just leave att and find another provider. i have called countless times and get the same script read to me followed by someone doing a line check that always comes back as good. nothing ever is fixed the problem still persists. 

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support