Intermittent ATT DSL Highspeed Internet connection

Intermittent ATT DSL Highspeed Internet connection

I have switched from other internet provider late last year. I had no issues for 6-7 months. The issue started 2 months ago, I called 5-6 times technical support team and followed instructions and executed.

Beware! If you follow instructions, you should know on how to revert back connection and you cant ask them to restore/reverse original scenario as ATT free support is only for internet(and if you buy att wireless they support). If you have router from different provider, they wont help you to restore and if support required, they will ask you for addtional service charge.

From past 2 months, I have been resetting my westcell modem as per their instructions and daily I unplug once or twice the power and cable modem to acces internet.

When you call technicians, they will ask you to call when you have problem. If you call when you have problem, they ask you to restart/reset the modem which I have been doing everyday Smiley Happy

Horrible experience. Please provide solid fix as soon as possible.

Thanks

Shridhar

Message 1 of 15 (3,629 Views)
Contributor

Re: Intermittent ATT DSL Highspeed Internet connection

Been having same issues myself. The kudos given is not due to post being good news, just accurate. GL to you, for if you have luck maybe will work on my end.

Curious:

If you run OAM ping tests are the f4's failing for you also?

Last time I had issues, it took 2 weeks before the service tech figured out a card was burning out on their end. Hoping not to take two weeks again.

Message 2 of 15 (3,619 Views)
Mentor

cool you get to join our secret club of unhappy customers with poor dsl serviceSmiley Mad

so ATT what did you change in Febuary to screw the consumer over once again? WE WANT ANSWERS!

i bet the people in the "ivory tower" of ATT would go crazy if they had rolling blackouts or thier water shutoff randomly to thier house, so why must we put up with it? I doubt the ATT big wigs even have ATT service of any kind haha

Message 3 of 15 (3,615 Views)
Expert

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance.

shridharhegde1 wrote:

I have switched from other internet provider late last year. I had no issues for 6-7 months. The issue started 2 months ago, I called 5-6 times technical support team and followed instructions and executed.

Beware! If you follow instructions, you should know on how to revert back connection and you cant ask them to restore/reverse original scenario as ATT free support is only for internet(and if you buy att wireless they support). If you have router from different provider, they wont help you to restore and if support required, they will ask you for addtional service charge.

From past 2 months, I have been resetting my westcell modem as per their instructions and daily I unplug once or twice the power and cable modem to acces internet.

When you call technicians, they will ask you to call when you have problem. If you call when you have problem, they ask you to restart/reset the modem which I have been doing everyday Smiley Happy

Horrible experience. Please provide solid fix as soon as possible.

Thanks

Shridhar

Message 4 of 15 (3,562 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance.

kgrayjr wrote:

Been having same issues myself. The kudos given is not due to post being good news, just accurate. GL to you, for if you have luck maybe will work on my end.

Curious:

If you run OAM ping tests are the f4's failing for you also?

Last time I had issues, it took 2 weeks before the service tech figured out a card was burning out on their end. Hoping not to take two weeks again.

Message 5 of 15 (3,561 Views)

Frastration part  I noticed was when you call at&t customer support(not the dsl internet tech support team) evening after 4:30pm, agent picks the call and they disconnect because they just want to get out from work before 5pm. It happended 3 times from past 2 months. Is there a way I can get the agent name and register complaint? They never called back also.

Message 6 of 15 (3,543 Views)
Expert

That's why I suggested contacting Alex above.  He is an ATT employee who can get you directly to the right person, and he has a record of progress that is being made.

Alex

You have to ask for their employee ID when you talk to them, but reading some posts here, it sounds like they are refusing that info?  I've had them refuse to give their ID when talking to the Wireless (cell) side!!

shridharhegde1 wrote:

Frastration part  I noticed was when you call at&t customer support(not the dsl internet tech support team) evening after 4:30pm, agent picks the call and they disconnect because they just want to get out from work before 5pm. It happended 3 times from past 2 months. Is there a way I can get the agent name and register complaint? They never called back also.

Message 7 of 15 (3,515 Views)
Tutor

"They" say it isn't their problem it is mine. Modum working fine so I must have a setting that isn't correct and that is my problem and they don't fix that.
Message 8 of 15 (3,476 Views)
Contributor

I have the exact same problem, here in East Peoria, IL. Around late February, my Internet connection went from great to bad. It's like the AT&T side keeps timing out. I have all the speed that I always had, but I have to constantly push the F5 button on my keyboard to refresh websites. Only a little loads at a time, with these constant "timeouts."  AT&T customer service never did resolve the problem. The problem is definitely on their side, because I even bought a new modem and the same thing happens––full Internet speed with constant dropouts (but never a broken connection).

Message 9 of 15 (3,453 Views)
Contributor

Same problem in Santa Clara, CA.  AT&T DSL drops, their crappy modem showing a blinking red light, right in the middle of using web browser or sending/receiving email.  Really, really, REALLY poort service... and it used to be really dependable.  

AT&T seems to want everyone to just move to another carrier.

Message 10 of 15 (3,387 Views)

Same here ! I have fast access dsl 3.0 and my connection slows to a crawl ! When ever it rains, or gets windy, my dsl disconnects a off and on and thic can go on for over an hour !

I've had this issue for the past 3 or 4 years and it gets frustrating because CS has no clue nor do they to help resolve the issue ! Their solution is making you feel as though "it's your fault" !

Not the way to keep customers if you ask me ! My home phone service is also an issue as there's huge static when on the phone and people often tell me they cannot hear me ! Frustrating to say the least considering my bill runs me $100 bucks a month but I'm getting crappy service that doesn'tr justify the $100 bill !

Message 11 of 15 (3,334 Views)

I'm sure they would but that's climate in this country now ! People over charge for their sevices and their customer service is crappy to say the very least ! It's very frustrtating to be playing my PS3 online only to have my dsl conk out on me in the middle of gaming ! Very frustrating !

The telecoms, cable tv and cell phone companies are ripping us off with outrageous fees and crappy network service !

And to boot, ATT and given me bill increases over the past year but the service is still crappy as it ever was !

Message 12 of 15 (3,333 Views)
Tutor

The same here. Most of the time my DSL connection is slow as well.

Message 13 of 15 (3,318 Views)
Contributor

I have had nothing but problems. I have spent hours on hold, following tech supports diagnostic instructions and waiting for service techs. My DSL gets so slow I cannot download YouTube videos without constant timeouts. After more than 6 service complaints in a year, the most recent tech indicated the problem was with my AT&T 2Wire modem. So I upgraded and bought a Motorola 3347 business router 9 days ago. It worked great for 8 days, then it failed. No power, no lights, unable to reset it, absolutely unuseable! The evening Tech support told me to call customer service during business hours to get it replaced under warranty at a local ATT store. No such luck! AT&T doesn't warranty the items they sell, even after 8 days! I have to wait for a replacement ( probably reconditioned) to be shipped to me from the manufacturer, in approx 3 business days. This after going through "Lavenia", a very unhelpful AT&T customer service person, and her supervisor "Traci" who was even worse. Finally got "Sharita", who was a least compassionate about all my troubles, though I still am po'd about how they handle warranty issues with the hardware the service tech's sell.

If only my service would work as advertised for more than a week at a time!

Message 14 of 15 (3,302 Views)
Community Manager

Thank you all for sharing your recent experiences.  I'm sorry about the ongoing trouble. For assistance with account specific questions/concerns, please send me a Private Message (click hyperlink to send me a PM) with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.  We'll get you in touch with the appropriate group.  Please keep in mind that our Community Leaders are users like you that help other members on the Community.  Since the AT&T Community is a self-help Forum, you'll see the Community Leaders point to a Community Manager for help with account specific posts. I hope this helps.  I'm closing this thread for now since this has been thoroughly discussed. I will gladly post any updates that can benefit the Community.

*To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Regards,

Alex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help others find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".
Message 15 of 15 (3,250 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.