Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Mar 3, 2011
8:00:56 AM
View profile
If you have Modem motorola 2210-02 and your nat type is 3 or strict
Edited by scoobydoo on Mar 3, 2011 at 8:21:33 AM

all you need to do is goto the modems ip address witch will prolly be 192.168.1.254 then goto connection config. after youve done that change ip to use as public ip at the bottom. then change to always atempt to connect and save and restart and your nat should be open from the modem. If you doing a router just put the ps3 in a static ip and put in the dmx or use portforwarding. At&t is [word filter evasion] they wont help you for [word filter evasion]. If anything they will tell you the the modem is a basic modem and you can d nothing or pay for someone to come out and do that same stuff trust me took me about 3 days before i called them and got no where 

all you need to do is goto the modems ip address witch will prolly be 192.168.1.254 then goto connection config. after youve done that change ip to use as public ip at the bottom. then change to always atempt to connect and save and restart and your nat should be open from the modem. If you doing a router just put the ps3 in a static ip and put in the dmx or use portforwarding. At&t is [word filter evasion] they wont help you for [word filter evasion]. If anything they will tell you the the modem is a basic modem and you can d nothing or pay for someone to come out and do that same stuff trust me took me about 3 days before i called them and got no where 

If you have Modem motorola 2210-02 and your nat type is 3 or strict

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 6:34:39 AM
(0)
Contributor

Was getting ready to post the same fix.  Only difference for me was my ip address was different was 192.168.7.254.   Should say it on the back of your modem

Was getting ready to post the same fix.  Only difference for me was my ip address was different was 192.168.7.254.   Should say it on the back of your modem

Re: If you have Modem motorola 2210-02 and your nat type is 3 or strict

2 of 4 (6,173 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2011 10:45:02 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks guys, appreciate the help. They want to now charge you $15/m for help with gaming consoles. They said since I had internet connection they would not help me. Im going to give this a try now.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help. They want to now charge you $15/m for help with gaming consoles. They said since I had internet connection they would not help me. Im going to give this a try now.

3 of 4 (5,941 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2012 1:17:47 PM
(0)
Contributor

Mine is also this alternate address. Additionally, my modem is the model 2210-02-1ATT (it will say your model number on the bottom of your modem at the top right). For this model, the fix is slightly different, but easier than the above fix. You click Advanced on the left. It will ask for a pin, which is on the bottom of your modem and should be about 10 numbers. Enter that and it will take you to the Advanced settings. Click Connection Configuration. At the bottom, "Let LAN device share Internet address?" is on "no." Switch this to "yes," save the changes, and the modem should reboot on its own (if it doesn't, just unplug it for 15 seconds, then plug it back in. This turned my PS3 connection from Type 3: Strict to Type 2: Open.

Mine is also this alternate address. Additionally, my modem is the model 2210-02-1ATT (it will say your model number on the bottom of your modem at the top right). For this model, the fix is slightly different, but easier than the above fix. You click Advanced on the left. It will ask for a pin, which is on the bottom of your modem and should be about 10 numbers. Enter that and it will take you to the Advanced settings. Click Connection Configuration. At the bottom, "Let LAN device share Internet address?" is on "no." Switch this to "yes," save the changes, and the modem should reboot on its own (if it doesn't, just unplug it for 15 seconds, then plug it back in. This turned my PS3 connection from Type 3: Strict to Type 2: Open.

4 of 4 (5,488 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments