Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jul 27, 2010
6:04:35 PM
View profile
If the DSL connection "drops" do you have to log back on manually?

Like if you are logged on and connected to the internet. lets say you leave your computer logged on all day. If the DSL connection drops, do you have to log back on yourself manually when you return? Or in the case of a brief disconnect, does the connection re-establish itself?

Like if you are logged on and connected to the internet. lets say you leave your computer logged on all day. If the DSL connection drops, do you have to log back on yourself manually when you return? Or in the case of a brief disconnect, does the connection re-establish itself?

If the DSL connection "drops" do you have to log back on manually?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2010 8:44:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

well since mine drop sometimes maybe cause i'm  using too much bandwith or when  my wireless homephone receive a call my dsl reboots

i quickly call   holdon,  1.800.288.2020  option 2,  then  at&t system will  authentication by repeating my phone number.  After that i can hang up cause i'm back online.

works about 99% of the time.  1% i have to check all the connection.

It's a pain picking up the phone to call their automate service, but at least i don't have to wait  hours sometime  4-6 hours before  dsl connects again.

well since mine drop sometimes maybe cause i'm  using too much bandwith or when  my wireless homephone receive a call my dsl reboots

i quickly call   holdon,  1.800.288.2020  option 2,  then  at&t system will  authentication by repeating my phone number.  After that i can hang up cause i'm back online.

works about 99% of the time.  1% i have to check all the connection.

It's a pain picking up the phone to call their automate service, but at least i don't have to wait  hours sometime  4-6 hours before  dsl connects again.

Re: If the DSL connection "drops" do you have to log back on manually?

2 of 2 (283 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments