INBOX Folder Is Missing. All folders visible except INBOX.

Contributor

INBOX Folder Is Missing. All folders visible except INBOX.

Not sure what happened, but I no longer have an INBOX. I can view SENT, TRASH, and Local Folders, but not INBOX. I have upgraded IE8 patch level, tried Classic and New Mail views, restarted my PC, you name it, but still no INBOX.

Message 1 of 2 (377 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: INBOX Folder Is Missing. All folders visible except INBOX.

We understand how important it is for you to access your mails and would be glad to fix the issue.

This issue usually occurs if all the mails in the inbox are being download in an e-mail program or other devices like laptop, iphone and PDA.

If there is an e-mail program installed on the computer ( like Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, MacMail ), please open it and check if the mails are present in the inbox.

If yes, then you would need to set up the e-mail program to manually forward them to your AT&T Yahoo web mail.

The option "Leave a copy of the message on server" needs to be checked.

The following link will provide the basic configuration information which is important for any e-mail program to be able to send and receive e-mail using an AT&T e-mail address

www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401568

If you have set up the mail account in a mobile device like iPhone or PDA, please locate the option that would keep a copy of the message on the server.

You can also try changing the password of your AT&T mail account.

The following link will have the steps on how to do so.

www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401397 

Refer to the section that says "If you know your Email password and want to log in and change it" under "E-mail" .

For further assistance and if you are located in the one of the following states AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI, please contact e-Chat support from the web link provided below

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (353 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.