I spend more time being mad at this then actually using it.

Contributor

I spend more time being mad at this then actually using it.

Hello this is Andy!  have been using atnt DSL for a little over a year now and I really don't like it. I spend more time being angry at it then actually using it. I have a few questions though. I was wondering if getting rid of this HORRIBLE 2Wire modem/router will fix my problem of randomally going out and speed up my internet. I don't really know much about internet so I am kind of clueless. I was wondering if i could run over to a store buy a new router and disable wireless on my 2wire and just use it as a modem and use the router as a wireless distributor? Will this speed up my Wi-Fi? I really don't like when it just jolts out randomly because I am an online gamer and I do not appreciate being disconnected.

Message 1 of 3 (248 Views)
Contributor

Re: I spend more time being mad at this then actually using it.

All you gotta do is going to swich to cox or comcast ,ATT couldn't fix this problem ,for me its over a year ALL WAYS disconeted every 10 mins i just cant stand that anymore since i start playing online game! !

Message 2 of 3 (201 Views)

Re: I spend more time being mad at this then actually using it.

Jrue` wrote:

Hello this is Andy!  have been using atnt DSL for a little over a year now and I really don't like it. I spend more time being angry at it then actually using it. I have a few questions though. I was wondering if getting rid of this HORRIBLE 2Wire modem/router will fix my problem of randomally going out and speed up my internet. I don't really know much about internet so I am kind of clueless. I was wondering if i could run over to a store buy a new router and disable wireless on my 2wire and just use it as a modem and use the router as a wireless distributor? Will this speed up my Wi-Fi? I really don't like when it just jolts out randomly because I am an online gamer and I do not appreciate being disconnected.

It might help, but if your problem is caused by wireless interference, you will have to determine how to work around it. If you connect to the 2WIRE with an ethernet cable, is your connection stable? If so, I would start by reading this thread: http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/How-to-Minimize-Wireless-Interference/m-p/2303003/highl...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 3 of 3 (198 Views)