Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Mar 29, 2011
9:22:20 AM
View profile
How do you keep an pacbell.net email address?

i have had my pacbell.net email address forever. About a year ago att shut it down. I use it daily for all my email and because its an vintage account it was impossible to contact anyone. Finally did, they wanted me to continue a plan that was associated with the email, a dial up account. about $25 month. I had no choice. Never will use the dial up service or plan to... i am just paying to keep my email address. So over a period of time i set up a gmail account and slowly getting everyone using the pacbell email to use the gmail.com. And i have some people, not sure of all, but they crop up now and then that still have that old email and i need it to verify this and that, etc.

NOW i receive a email yesterday from att about the terms changing and it states that you don't have to have a service to keep the email address. I have a email request into att to clarify this, because i am spending $300 a year for a service i don't use.

Anyone familair with how to inturpet this change in the agreement?

steve

i have had my pacbell.net email address forever. About a year ago att shut it down. I use it daily for all my email and because its an vintage account it was impossible to contact anyone. Finally did, they wanted me to continue a plan that was associated with the email, a dial up account. about $25 month. I had no choice. Never will use the dial up service or plan to... i am just paying to keep my email address. So over a period of time i set up a gmail account and slowly getting everyone using the pacbell email to use the gmail.com. And i have some people, not sure of all, but they crop up now and then that still have that old email and i need it to verify this and that, etc.

NOW i receive a email yesterday from att about the terms changing and it states that you don't have to have a service to keep the email address. I have a email request into att to clarify this, because i am spending $300 a year for a service i don't use.

Anyone familair with how to inturpet this change in the agreement?

steve

How do you keep an pacbell.net email address?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 6:22:21 PM
(0)
Scholar

Yes, I am familiar with this.  I have had a free xxxxx@att.net email for almost a year (since AT&T shut down Worldnet).

See this:  http://forums.att.com/t5/Email/Can-I-convert-my-sbcglobal-net-account-to-a-free-yahoo-com/m-p/27230...

Yes, I am familiar with this.  I have had a free xxxxx@att.net email for almost a year (since AT&T shut down Worldnet).

See this:  http://forums.att.com/t5/Email/Can-I-convert-my-sbcglobal-net-account-to-a-free-yahoo-com/m-p/2723067#M2912

Re: How do you keep an pacbell.net email address?

2 of 3 (15,484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2011 12:33:16 AM
(0)
Teacher
If im not mistaken. If you are using pacbell.net and it is associated with your regular dsl and you disconnect the service your pacbell.net email will retain as long as the disconnection reason is not about the billing. If you disconnect the service as you requested and no issues with the bill you still have the pacbell.net as free email account Smiley Happy
If im not mistaken. If you are using pacbell.net and it is associated with your regular dsl and you disconnect the service your pacbell.net email will retain as long as the disconnection reason is not about the billing. If you disconnect the service as you requested and no issues with the bill you still have the pacbell.net as free email account Smiley Happy

Re: How do you keep an pacbell.net email address?

3 of 3 (15,399 Views)