How do I reset my AT&T Internet password?

Employee

How do I reset my AT&T Internet password?

If you would like to reset your AT&T Internet password and you have set up account security information (e.g., questions & answers, etc.) in your account management profile, you can reset your password by verifying your security information using the password reset tool.

If you have not set up your account security information, you will need to call us to reset a Primary or Sub Account password. You will be required to provide information about your account in order to have your password reset - please have a copy of your monthly statement at hand.

We recommend that once you have your password reset that you set up your account security information, so that next time you need to reset your password you can easily do that without having to contact us.

To set up your account security information, navigate to the Member Services page at www.att.net/memberservices and under MY Profile select Update Profile Information to enter your security information.  Note: If you're logging in within your Primary account, you will need to select the Member ID for which you want to enter the security profile information.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 4

Re: How do I reset my AT&T Internet password?

Im a member of att and I forgot my password and i can't log in what do i do?
Message 2 of 4
Guru

hi ernesto-sanchez!

there are 2 ways for you to reset your AT&T email password:

by answering the online security questions:
1. just go to att.yahoo.com/mail website --> click on FORGOT PASSWORD link below the password box.
2. it will direct you to the account manager site. just enter your complete att email ID.
3. to reset your email password, you need to enter the exact answers to both the ONLINE SECURITY QUESTIONS.

by answering the offline security question:
1. just call 1-877-722-3755.
2. the automated machine or an att techsupport can reset your email password provided that you are able to answer the offline security question setup on your account.

NOTE: once you get a system-generated password, you can personalize it to something you can easily remember at att.yahoo.com/changepassword website. just enter the email ID and password given to you. from there, customize your email password. BTW, do not forget to update the email password (most recent one) stored in your modem to avoid getting disconnected from the internet.

hope this helps! :smileyhappy:
Message 3 of 4

i need my user name and password reset

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Do you have questions about Internet and Email Security? Have them answered on Wednesday, April 26th at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Hack Attack!

Additional Support