Internet Forums

Posted Aug 26, 2009
2:42:44 PM
View profile
How do I download the Self Support Tool & Click-To-Fix?
The AT&T Self Support Tool is designed to solve common High Speed Internet service issues including connection, email, and PC Health issues. The Self Support Tool is available for AT&T High Speed Internet Members using: Windows Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional SP4 Microsoft Windows XP Home SP1 and SP2, Professional SP1 and SP2 Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit Home Basic, Home Premium, and Ultimate Do you need to download the Self Support Tool? Download the current version of the AT&T Self Support Tool (total size 10.5 MB). A file download box will display. Select Open to begin the installation. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation. Note: To access the Self Support Tool for future use, you can click the icon from your computer's desktop or from the system tray.
The AT&T Self Support Tool is designed to solve common High Speed Internet service issues including connection, email, and PC Health issues. The Self Support Tool is available for AT&T High Speed Internet Members using: Windows Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional SP4 Microsoft Windows XP Home SP1 and SP2, Professional SP1 and SP2 Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit Home Basic, Home Premium, and Ultimate Do you need to download the Self Support Tool? Download the current version of the AT&T Self Support Tool (total size 10.5 MB). A file download box will display. Select Open to begin the installation. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation. Note: To access the Self Support Tool for future use, you can click the icon from your computer's desktop or from the system tray.

How do I download the Self Support Tool & Click-To-Fix?

22 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(22)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2009 2:10:12 PM
(0)
Contributor
After downloading the Self Support & Click to Fix, Upon installation, I am unable proceed past the member information page. After completing this page with the required information, i click Next, but nothing seems to happen. I eventually have hit cancel, removing the remnants of the SST and starting over, The same thing happens again. Any suggestions?
After downloading the Self Support & Click to Fix, Upon installation, I am unable proceed past the member information page. After completing this page with the required information, i click Next, but nothing seems to happen. I eventually have hit cancel, removing the remnants of the SST and starting over, The same thing happens again. Any suggestions?

Re: How do I download the Self Support Tool & Click-To-Fix?

2 of 23 (13,941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2009 11:45:11 AM
(0)
Contributor
Yep, I feel your pain......same thing....... i have called & tried chat & still nothing is able to be fixed. can't proceed because the box you are to choose your state & there is nothing where you can even pick a state showing up! tried different browsers with noluck....... i have no icons or anything on my puter for any att.......oh well hopefully i wont need it!
Yep, I feel your pain......same thing....... i have called & tried chat & still nothing is able to be fixed. can't proceed because the box you are to choose your state & there is nothing where you can even pick a state showing up! tried different browsers with noluck....... i have no icons or anything on my puter for any att.......oh well hopefully i wont need it!

3 of 23 (13,941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2009 2:37:39 PM
(0)
Guru
it seldom fixes things anyway! LOL :smileyhappy:
it seldom fixes things anyway! LOL :smileyhappy:

4 of 23 (13,941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2009 9:43:16 AM
(0)
Contributor
The question was, "How do I download the Self Support Tool." Your answer was, "Download the current version of the AT&T Self Support Tool (total size 10.5 MB)." Not a lot of help there for the one asking, or for this new customer with the same question.
The question was, "How do I download the Self Support Tool." Your answer was, "Download the current version of the AT&T Self Support Tool (total size 10.5 MB)." Not a lot of help there for the one asking, or for this new customer with the same question.

5 of 23 (13,941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2009 3:34:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

I wonder (hope!) you can help. I can't get Self Support Tool to install on a Windows Vista PC. I am trying to complete a wireless LAN setup using our uVerse wireless Gateway. The basic components include 3 PC; 2 running XP and 1 running Vista. The XP machines successfully installed and run at&t HomeView. I was unable to get HomeView to run on the Vista PC, although it installed without problems. I learned via a chat session that HomeView and Vista are not compatible, and was told to download and use SST on the Vista machine instead. I have successfully downloaded it (several times with various browsers), but when I try to launch the installer it always fails. This is the general scenario ... ********** -- click on installer icon, which brings up security dialog box asking for permission to run program ********** -- the dialog box always shows a 2 line filename in the form: ********** "ATT----.tmp" ********** "AT&T" ********** where the "----" is a 2, 3, or 4 character grouping that looks like a hex number. It is different each time. ********** -- with permission granted, a small info dialog box appears for a few seconds - "Preparing to install ATT Self Support Tool" ********** -- then annother info dialog box appears for a couple of seconds - "Cleaning up installation" ********** -- and finally an error dialog box opens for a fraction of a second: ********** [title] "c:\. C:\windows\system32\net.exe" ********** "The McciCMService is not started." ********** "More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3521." ********** [The dialog box litterally disappears before if finishes opening. After about 40-50 tries, I managed to grab it with a screen capture so that I could display the image long enough to read it!] ********** -- from a command prompt I typed in: "NET HELPMSG 3521" ********** -- the system responds "The *** service is not started." ********** I think that you mention in your post the the installer file is about 10.5MB ... the one that I downloaded is about 16.4MB (16,358KB). I have noted through some other searches for help that the McciCMService.exe filename is very often used as a malware file name. Is there any chance that file on the Support download site is infected? Or has it just grown with recent revisions and updates? Have you had anymore reports like this? Has the file available for download been checked for infection? Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance, Ray Washington

I wonder (hope!) you can help. I can't get Self Support Tool to install on a Windows Vista PC. I am trying to complete a wireless LAN setup using our uVerse wireless Gateway. The basic components include 3 PC; 2 running XP and 1 running Vista. The XP machines successfully installed and run at&t HomeView. I was unable to get HomeView to run on the Vista PC, although it installed without problems. I learned via a chat session that HomeView and Vista are not compatible, and was told to download and use SST on the Vista machine instead. I have successfully downloaded it (several times with various browsers), but when I try to launch the installer it always fails. This is the general scenario ... ********** -- click on installer icon, which brings up security dialog box asking for permission to run program ********** -- the dialog box always shows a 2 line filename in the form: ********** "ATT----.tmp" ********** "AT&T" ********** where the "----" is a 2, 3, or 4 character grouping that looks like a hex number. It is different each time. ********** -- with permission granted, a small info dialog box appears for a few seconds - "Preparing to install ATT Self Support Tool" ********** -- then annother info dialog box appears for a couple of seconds - "Cleaning up installation" ********** -- and finally an error dialog box opens for a fraction of a second: ********** [title] "c:\. C:\windows\system32\net.exe" ********** "The McciCMService is not started." ********** "More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3521." ********** [The dialog box litterally disappears before if finishes opening. After about 40-50 tries, I managed to grab it with a screen capture so that I could display the image long enough to read it!] ********** -- from a command prompt I typed in: "NET HELPMSG 3521" ********** -- the system responds "The *** service is not started." ********** I think that you mention in your post the the installer file is about 10.5MB ... the one that I downloaded is about 16.4MB (16,358KB). I have noted through some other searches for help that the McciCMService.exe filename is very often used as a malware file name. Is there any chance that file on the Support download site is infected? Or has it just grown with recent revisions and updates? Have you had anymore reports like this? Has the file available for download been checked for infection? Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance, Ray Washington

6 of 23 (13,941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2009 6:12:24 PM
(0)
Contributor
I'm reading over the forum and still don't know where to find or how to get to the download site for acquiring the AT&T Self Help Tool. I had it on my computer yesterday, then rec'd a pop-up screen from ATT indicating I should update the self help tool. After agreeing to the download/update ATT uninstalled my tool! Please give the url address. Thanks. Tim
I'm reading over the forum and still don't know where to find or how to get to the download site for acquiring the AT&T Self Help Tool. I had it on my computer yesterday, then rec'd a pop-up screen from ATT indicating I should update the self help tool. After agreeing to the download/update ATT uninstalled my tool! Please give the url address. Thanks. Tim

7 of 23 (13,941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2009 8:55:08 PM
(0)
Guru

8 of 23 (13,941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2009 2:46:24 PM
(0)
Contributor
I've been told that SST is NOT available for 64bit systems. I've tried unsuccessfully to install on this machine and another 64 bit machine to no avail. If you read some of the gibberish that ATT supplies it does state that it runs on VISTA, XP, etc 32 bit systems. No mention of 64 bit system. I guess ATT may eventually recognize that some of their users do have 64 bit machines. Maybe time to break up the monopoly AGAIN???
I've been told that SST is NOT available for 64bit systems. I've tried unsuccessfully to install on this machine and another 64 bit machine to no avail. If you read some of the gibberish that ATT supplies it does state that it runs on VISTA, XP, etc 32 bit systems. No mention of 64 bit system. I guess ATT may eventually recognize that some of their users do have 64 bit machines. Maybe time to break up the monopoly AGAIN???

9 of 23 (13,941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2009 12:37:57 AM
(0)
Contributor

akee wrote:
hi Tim!

to download SST --> http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401461
Link didn't work for me. All I got was a web page that asked for feedback about whether or not the "article" (which didn't appear) was useful. I can't get any of the help articles to show up, only the feedback portion of the help page. And I can't get the self support download either. Someone wants to limit my knowledge.

akee wrote:
hi Tim!

to download SST --> http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401461
Link didn't work for me. All I got was a web page that asked for feedback about whether or not the "article" (which didn't appear) was useful. I can't get any of the help articles to show up, only the feedback portion of the help page. And I can't get the self support download either. Someone wants to limit my knowledge.

10 of 23 (13,941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2009 5:00:58 PM
(0)
Guru
that is quite weird...

try to go to att.com/esupport website. select RESIDENTIAL and enter your ZIP CODE if asked. on the upper-portion of the next screen, click on INTERNET --> select AT&T DSL HIGHSPEED INTERNET option.

on the "Ask a Question" box, type DOWNLOAD SELF-SUPPORT TOOL and hit ENTER.

from the search results, just click on "How do I download the Self Support Tool & Click-To-Fix?". this page should give you the steps on how to download the SST software.
that is quite weird...

try to go to att.com/esupport website. select RESIDENTIAL and enter your ZIP CODE if asked. on the upper-portion of the next screen, click on INTERNET --> select AT&T DSL HIGHSPEED INTERNET option.

on the "Ask a Question" box, type DOWNLOAD SELF-SUPPORT TOOL and hit ENTER.

from the search results, just click on "How do I download the Self Support Tool & Click-To-Fix?". this page should give you the steps on how to download the SST software.

11 of 23 (6,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2009 7:51:50 PM
(0)
Contributor
I thought I was the only one with this problem. I just get to member info. box hit submit and It just sits there doing nothing. Chat said unistall and reinstall. Sure, I can't even find it to uninstall. Wonder what our odds are on this being fixed?
I thought I was the only one with this problem. I just get to member info. box hit submit and It just sits there doing nothing. Chat said unistall and reinstall. Sure, I can't even find it to uninstall. Wonder what our odds are on this being fixed?

12 of 23 (6,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2009 10:53:59 AM
(0)
Scholar
Hi - I was having the same problem - finally after speaking with 3 tier2 tech people - the 3rd was able to have me get the download - and it is 19.5mb not 10.5 - that is an old link - hope this helps
Hi - I was having the same problem - finally after speaking with 3 tier2 tech people - the 3rd was able to have me get the download - and it is 19.5mb not 10.5 - that is an old link - hope this helps

13 of 23 (6,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2009 9:10:35 AM
(0)
Scholar
That is an old link - it did not load for me either - check my email from 11/07/09 - I will check to see if I still have the link for the download - as I mentioned it is 19.5mb not 10.5mb-
That is an old link - it did not load for me either - check my email from 11/07/09 - I will check to see if I still have the link for the download - as I mentioned it is 19.5mb not 10.5mb-

14 of 23 (6,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2009 12:59:28 PM
(0)
Scholar
You have to either do some searching or contact a 2nd tier tech person - as the new download is 19.5mb not 10.5mb - I had the same problem - a link is someplace on the site -
You have to either do some searching or contact a 2nd tier tech person - as the new download is 19.5mb not 10.5mb - I had the same problem - a link is someplace on the site -

15 of 23 (6,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2009 1:02:00 PM
(0)
Scholar
this is not the correct link - this is only for 10.5mb that no one has been able to download - the latest support tool is 19.5mb - which is really not much of a help
this is not the correct link - this is only for 10.5mb that no one has been able to download - the latest support tool is 19.5mb - which is really not much of a help

16 of 23 (6,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2009 3:57:58 PM
(0)
Contributor
DONT BOTHER THIS TOOL **bleep** it never works after updating, the only links u can find are for the 10MB program. NOT EVEN ON THE ATT SITE CAN YOU FINS THIS PROGRAM -- HOW ASSININE yOU can check your settings but No options to fix them chat never connects and no one can help u anyways. time to switch to amother ISP.
DONT BOTHER THIS TOOL **bleep** it never works after updating, the only links u can find are for the 10MB program. NOT EVEN ON THE ATT SITE CAN YOU FINS THIS PROGRAM -- HOW ASSININE yOU can check your settings but No options to fix them chat never connects and no one can help u anyways. time to switch to amother ISP.

17 of 23 (6,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2010 8:08:11 PM
(0)
Contributor
Where is the download for the SST hidden?
Where is the download for the SST hidden?

18 of 23 (6,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2010 1:32:39 AM
(0)
Contributor

How do I download the AT&T Self Support Tool?

The AT&T Self Support Tool automatically identifies and solves many U-verse TV, email, Wi-Fi set-up and home networking issues right from the comfort of your home.

Download the AT&T Self Support Tool now!

1. Download the current version of the AT&T Self Support Tool.
  1. A file download box will display. Select Open/Run to begin the installation.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.

Source: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401461

How do I download the AT&T Self Support Tool?

The AT&T Self Support Tool automatically identifies and solves many U-verse TV, email, Wi-Fi set-up and home networking issues right from the comfort of your home.

Download the AT&T Self Support Tool now!

1. Download the current version of the AT&T Self Support Tool.
  1. A file download box will display. Select Open/Run to begin the installation.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.

Source: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401461

19 of 23 (6,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2010 12:59:04 PM
(0)
Guru
I cannot send e mail. Please help
I cannot send e mail. Please help

20 of 23 (6,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2010 3:06:00 PM
(0)

Hi 1234,

To install the AT&T Self Support Tool, please open click this link for the article that contains the steps of the installation process:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401461&cvreset=true

Should you encounter error or if you need help with the installation process, do not hesistate to reach us through chat support or by calling our support agents over the phone. Below are the contact details:

https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_se.aspx

and/or 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

and/or 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO,  OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hi 1234,

To install the AT&T Self Support Tool, please open click this link for the article that contains the steps of the installation process:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401461&cvreset=true

Should you encounter error or if you need help with the installation process, do not hesistate to reach us through chat support or by calling our support agents over the phone. Below are the contact details:

https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_se.aspx

and/or 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

and/or 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO,  OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

21 of 23 (8,666 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2010 9:00:03 AM
(0)
Contributor

tell me how to download it

tell me how to download it

22 of 23 (8,666 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2010 12:28:23 PM
(0)

Hello beckydvs8,

I truly appreciate that you took your valuable time to let us know that you are experiencing trouble in downloading the AT&T Self Support Tool.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

The AT&T Service & Support Tool is installed automatically as part of the registration process which can help resolve many common connection problems.

If you're already registered, you may download it from this link:

http://patttbc.att.motive.com/motivedocs/installers/ATT_SST_Installer.exe

Here are other helpful links on AT&T Self Support Tool Download:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401504

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB407820

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

For quick answers, make the new AT&T Help site your first stop. Visit http://www.att.com/esupport/ where you'll find pages of product information to assist you.

Thank you for choosing At&t where we value your Business.

Hello beckydvs8,

I truly appreciate that you took your valuable time to let us know that you are experiencing trouble in downloading the AT&T Self Support Tool.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

The AT&T Service & Support Tool is installed automatically as part of the registration process which can help resolve many common connection problems.

If you're already registered, you may download it from this link:

http://patttbc.att.motive.com/motivedocs/installers/ATT_SST_Installer.exe

Here are other helpful links on AT&T Self Support Tool Download:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401504

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB407820

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

For quick answers, make the new AT&T Help site your first stop. Visit http://www.att.com/esupport/ where you'll find pages of product information to assist you.

Thank you for choosing At&t where we value your Business.

23 of 23 (8,666 Views)