Horrible Customer Service

Highlighted
Contributor

Horrible Customer Service

I am a computer customer service professional and thought I had experienced the worst possible customer service from a variety of companies over the years but AT&T easily surpassed as the worst possible service I have ever received.

The customer service representative had no idea how to fix the problem I was experiencing, which was simply downloading parental control software from the AT&T site.  After an astounding 90 minute remote session he made the statement that he didn’t know why I couldn’t download the software, and used Google to search for free parental control software on the internet, and told me I could install the free software.  His conclusion was that due to the fact the McAfee (supplied by AT&T) was the antivirus I had installed, and the parental control was from McAfee, that they were conflicting with each other.

Another 30 minutes waiting for tier 2 tech support, which I never was connected to.  I am embarrassed that the AT&T company has elected to go off-shore and is providing this substandard level of customer support.

Message 1 of 2 (344 Views)
Employee

Re: Horrible Customer Service

I am sorry that you had to go through this unpleasant experience and I apologize for the inconvenience that you are facing with this issue.

There should ideally be no conflict between the McAfee antivirus and the Parental Control programs. There can be list of other options due to which you are unable to download that program. These factors can be like the Windows version, other system requirements etc.

It is recommended that contact AT&T eChat support. We will make sure that your issue gets fixed.

If you are in, 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI ', you may click on the following link to connect to AT&T eChat technical support.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (344 Views)