Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Oct 31, 2011
2:15:18 PM
View profile
Home networking from laptop to iPad

I have a 2wire 3800 series uverse router. I am able to network my home computer and work laptop. I have an app on iPad that needs to view files that I open on my laptop for presentations. I am unable to connect to the iPad, though I see it on the device list of the router. Suggestions?

I have a 2wire 3800 series uverse router. I am able to network my home computer and work laptop. I have an app on iPad that needs to view files that I open on my laptop for presentations. I am unable to connect to the iPad, though I see it on the device list of the router. Suggestions?

Home networking from laptop to iPad

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2011 10:33:06 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by Computer-Joe on Nov 10, 2011 at 10:35:36 AM

You could try an "Ad Hoc" network between your laptop and IPad: http://www.logicinmind.com/en/support/iphone-ad-hoc-wireless-network/index.html 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

You could try an "Ad Hoc" network between your laptop and IPad: http://www.logicinmind.com/en/support/iphone-ad-hoc-wireless-network/index.html 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: Home networking from laptop to iPad

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (867 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments