Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jun 4, 2011
12:14:08 AM
View profile
High latency, intermittent speed & support no help

I'm very disappointed in AT&T. I moved here from another ISP in hope of getting more consistent performance and lower latency but AT&T is much worse than a small local vendor. When I called AT&T to request they check the line, I was transferred to some department that wanted to charge me for checking my computer.

Here's a SmokePing graph of the latency.

Very frustrating. I'll probably switch back to the other ISP.

I'm very disappointed in AT&T. I moved here from another ISP in hope of getting more consistent performance and lower latency but AT&T is much worse than a small local vendor. When I called AT&T to request they check the line, I was transferred to some department that wanted to charge me for checking my computer.

Here's a SmokePing graph of the latency.

Very frustrating. I'll probably switch back to the other ISP.

High latency, intermittent speed & support no help

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2011 4:43:01 PM
(0)
Teacher

Having same issue here.  I call customer service at least monthly and beg for help.  I am frustrated beyond belief.

If there were another ISP available to me, I'd jump ship as soon as I could.  

Having same issue here.  I call customer service at least monthly and beg for help.  I am frustrated beyond belief.

If there were another ISP available to me, I'd jump ship as soon as I could.  

Re: High latency, intermittent speed & support no help

2 of 3 (207 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2011 10:31:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have the same problem and I went through 12 people in 2 hours on the phone before I talked to someone who even knew what latency was.. Horrible for gaming online. They are running too many people through congested areas.

I have the same problem and I went through 12 people in 2 hours on the phone before I talked to someone who even knew what latency was.. Horrible for gaming online. They are running too many people through congested areas.

Re: High latency, intermittent speed & support no help

3 of 3 (142 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments