Heroes of Newerth (HoN) Problems

Teacher

Heroes of Newerth (HoN) Problems

Okay I have been with your customer support, HoN support, and Geek Squad. Whenever I try to join a match, create one, or watch a replay I get an error message saying 'No Response From Server'.  They had the same problem in australlia with another internet service provider. They had changed something. here is the link to the thread that i found it on:   http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1458364.html

Pay close attention to the 'ISP representative' Posts.

One post that is very important:

Can you confirm the source of the issue was 'flood filtering' or such?

The way the game gathers server information is a bit.. Messy... Basically instead of having a host server which keeps track on all the active servers, HoN gives each client the masterlist of game servers and tells them to check them all at once over and over again sending 300+ UDP requests every 10 seconds. Our server confused this "flooding" and cut the connections.

(I have probably explained this very wrong but this was my understanding of it)

A config change was made for HoN.

Message 1 of 31
Employee

Re: Heroes of Newerth (HoN) Problems

Hello kitandsean,

I would like to inform you that there are some settings need to be changed on your modem. Also, we might have to force the DNS settings on your computer. In order to resolve this issue, I suggest you to contact AT&T technical voice help desk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7).They will help you accordingly.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 31
Teacher

okay look, tell me what settings need to be changed. i've contacted your help desk and they cant help me at all. they don't know anything about this and are no help. I would very much appreciate it if you tell me what i need to do exactly right here. to be honest im not calling your services again as they are horrible. so you guys can either help me out here and soon or im going to change to another isp. because I KNOW IT IS A PROBLEM WITH YOU GUYS

Message 3 of 31
Teacher

it also might help that this  is a mac and i have the motorola modem with a power cable, an ethernet cable, and a dsl cable.

Message 4 of 31
Employee

Hello kitandsean,

I would like to inform you that this issue require multiple troubleshooting steps like changing your NAT settings. We are not able troubleshoot your issue through this forums site. Your issue would still be best resolved if you work hand in hand with AT&T technical voice help desk at 1-877-722-3755(open 24/7). Please tell them that you require assistance changing the NAT settings on your 2wire Gateway.They will help you and troubleshoot according to their recommendation.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 31
Teacher

yeah i called and they couldnt help me at all...........

Message 6 of 31
Teacher

they said they didnt know what settings needed to be changed

Message 7 of 31
Teacher

are you gunna help me or not? cause so far you've gotten me nowhere and have created a problem for a customer

Message 8 of 31
Employee

Hello kitandsean,

I am sorry that you had to go through this unpleasant experience and I apologize for the inconvenience that you are facing with this issue.

If you have already try to contact AT&T voice support and still experiencing the same issue, I would suggest you to contact AT&T Tier 2 support at 1-877-722-3755. When you call in to speak to an agent, ask to be transferred to our second level of support.

Employee Contributor*
Message 9 of 31
Teacher

yes i called the first number again but both times they redirected me to tier two support and tier two said that they didnt know what the problem is and tried to redirect me to a support+ but i refuse to pay for something i didnt change. I also went to the modem settings and found nothing about NAT settings

Message 10 of 31
Teacher

here are the settings for my modem if that will help. not sure if u cna see this or not......... all i can see if a box with a question mark but i suppose i will just tell you incase, 

Picture 1.png

VPI: 0

VCI: 35

PROTOCAL: PPOE

MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE MTU: 1492

CONNECTION TYPE: SMART KEEP ALIVE

PUBLIC IP ADRESS

Message 11 of 31
Teacher

once again i have no router

Picture 2.png

SETTINGS FOR PP LOCATION

PPP IS ON THE MODEM

Message 12 of 31
Teacher

why the **bleep** does noone jhelp me

Message 13 of 31
Employee

Hello ,

If the issue, that you are experiencing while trying to play games online, was not resolved by contacting AT&T tier 2 support, then I would suggest you to contact fee based AT&T Connect Tech Support+ at 877-831-2880 between Monday to Sunday from 9am till 12 ET and troubleshoot according to their recommendation. They will help you to resolve this issue.

Employee Contributor*
Message 14 of 31
Teacher

LOOK, AANET MAKES A CONFIG CHANGE, EASY AS THAT, THOUSANDS OF OTHER PEOPLE ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM BUT DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO. SO YOU EITHER MAKE A CONFIG CHANGE BY THE END OF THE SUMMER, OR IM GONE.

Message 15 of 31
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support